Are you suffering from age-old shoulder and neck problems?
If yes, you need to get a new mattress that will help you reduce the pain in the pressure points of your cervical area.
Also, you will need a new mattress that will support your spine properly so that the cervical vertebrae are not strained.
So, here, we have present you with the best mattresses for neck and shoulder pain that you should take a look at.
- Things that cause neck and shoulder pain
- Other ways to reduce pain while sleeping
- Things To Consider Before Buying Mattress For Neck And Shoulder Pain
- Top 5 Best Mattress For Neck And Shoulder Pain In India 2021
Things that cause neck and shoulder pain
- Sleeping Position: Due to improper sleep posture, almost every 80 people out of 100 suffer from neck and shoulder pain.
- Mattress Firmness: If the mattress firmness is not appropriate, the pain will escalate in a few days only.
- Saggy Pillows: Since you will sleep on the pillow with your head placed on it, a sagged pillow is very much detrimental to your cervical health.
- Saggy Mattress: A sagging mattress is one of the major causes of neck and shoulder pain as it won’t provide the right amount of relief to your muscles and bones.
Other ways to reduce pain while sleeping
- Using the right pillow and mattress– The combination of the correct pillow and a mattress will be effective in reducing the pain.
- Neck and shoulder pain relief stretches and exercises– One of the best ways of reducing the cervical pain is by practicing stretch exercises that will increase the tension forces of the muscles.
- Correcting Posture– If you can correct your sleeping posture, you will avoid any strain on the neck.
- Consider a mattress topper– A mattress topper will help you to adjust the firmness of the overall bed to reduce the pain.
Things To Consider Before Buying Mattress For Neck And Shoulder Pain
- Choose Right Type of Mattress:
- Orthopaedic memory foam mattress– If you suffer from orthopaedic pain in the cervical region, memory foam mattresses will be ideal.
- Plush Bonnell Coil mattress– Bonnel coil spring mattresses are amazing in reducing cervical pain as the soring coils put the right amount of pressure needed at each point.
- Latex foam mattress– These mattresses are made from natural or synthetic latex and another foam layer that may be softer or harder than latex.
- Right Level of Firmness: It would be best if you choose the firmness level as per your health. For example, if you have chronic pain, you need a firm mattress, while for occasional cervical pain, medium-firm bedding will be good.
- Pressure relief: Since the main point of buying the mattress is to release the pressure, you should check whether or not the mattress has the proper material.
- Mattress Comfort: You must check how much comfort the mattress will provide to you. This will depend on the comforting material present, like soft PU foam, natural latex, and so on.
Top 5 Best Mattress For Neck And Shoulder Pain In India 2021
1. Livpure Smart Regal
- Has 8” thickness
- Comes with a latex layer
- Has 10-years warranty
Livpure has done an excellent job introducing a cooling mattress that will help you sleep like a small baby. It’s ideal for the summer seasons or areas where the climate remains humid almost throughout the year.
That’s why it has become one of the most sought-after mattresses in the market. Its top layer is constructed from the Kooltex fabric, a special, patented design of the manufacturer. As a result, it has a high ventilation rate, all thanks to the air circulation, which is much higher than other mattresses in the market.
Furthermore, the breathable fabric will reduce the chances of mould or mildew growing inside the mattress. Cool gel-infused memory foam is added next to the top cover. It’s a special memory foam where the gaps between the fibres have been filled with microgel molecules.
This particular substance can absorb the surface heat and your body heat to provide you with a cool and fresh bed where you won’t have to deal with any problem. After this, a natural latex layer has been added to help you sleep peacefully without fearing latex allergies.
Thanks to the HR foam layer added at the base of the mattress, its overall firmness level has been increased from 5.5 to 6.5. Hence, you won’t have to face any problem with a sore neck or stiff shoulder and the muscles. In addition, the latex and HR foam will provide the maximum support, allowing you to relax for the entire night.
- Can prevent the allergies with ease
- Has high ventilation level
- It is highly stable, thanks to the anti-slip base
- It has a higher sagging rate
2. SLEEPSPA Organica
- 6-inches of thickness
- Has 7 years of warranty
- Has medium level firmness
One of the major problems that sleepers usually face while sleeping is sire neck and shoulders. Even though the pain intensity and the aches vary from one sleeper to the other, the sufferings are almost the same for most cases.
After all, who would like to wake up every morning with an aching neck and shoulder? That’s why Sleepspa has introduced this amazing mattress having a natural latex layer. So, suppose you are looking for a bedding accessory that is eco-friendly and organic. In that case, you should go with this product.
It is reinforced with a highly breathable outer layer that will maintain the air circulation properly, whether between the upper layer and the atmosphere or between the inner layers. As a result, you won’t have to worry about any microbial growth that might prove to be detrimental to your health.
After this, you will have an organic latex material that increases the firmness of the mattress and plays an important role in air circulation and preventing allergies. However, it is the rebonded foam that adds to the firmness of the mattress.
A rebonded foam is a special material whose responsiveness is almost zero. Even though it lacks conforming, the material can provide excellent body support, especially to your neck, shoulders, and backbone.
- It Will help in treating both the cervical and other spine-related problems
- it has a higher level of firmness, between 6 to 7.5
- It will stay cool owing to the breathable outer fabric
- It might cause latex allergies in sleepers having hypersensitive skin
3. SleepyCat Original
- Gel-based memory foam
- 6” thickness for two to three sleepers
- Comes with a warranty of 10 years
If you are looking for a great mattress designed for your neck and shoulder pain, this is the best product you can find on the market. SleepyCat has truly done wonders by manufacturing this special orthopaedic mattress divided into 6 layers, where only 3 layers are meant to provide you with the optimal level of support and comfort.
The second layer is made from gel-based memory foam. Therefore, you won’t have to deal with sweating in the middle of the night. Its third layer is made from a transition foam which is known for the Aeroflow technology.
It allows the air to pass through, which maintains the hygiene of the mattress perfectly. Furthermore, due to the air circulation, the inner layers will have better durability. Finally, a 5” high-density foam is the main source of support that will help you get relief from both the neck and shoulder pains.
Thanks to the breezy inner cover and the anti-skid base, the mattress won’t move from its original place or restrict the airflow within the bottom layers as the high-density foam cannot allow the air to pass through.
- It will help in sleeping peacefully in the summer season
- Will stay in one place on the bed’s frame
- Has a high ventilation layer
- It can be not easy to rotate
4. Wakefit Orthopedic
- Has a 6” thickness
- Has a complete foam construction
- Comes with a warranty period of 10 years
Since you are looking for the best mattress that can help you get rid of shoulder and neck pain, Wakefit has brought you an amazing mattress of its creation. It has a firmness level of 5.5 to 6.5, reducing the aches and relieving pressure from the trigger points. Hence, you won’t have to worry about anything, especially having sleepless nights.
Furthermore, there is a next-generation foam layer at the top layer that will confirm its surface according to your body shape. Thereby ensuring that all the trigger points in and around the neck and shoulder region can be relieved of the accumulated pressure.
The second layer is made from a 7-zonal pressure layer which will further help you ensure that proper pressure is applied in different areas of your body, thereby helping to relieve the pain and the knots in your muscles.
Furthermore, this orthopaedic layer’s presence will also help provide proper support to the neck’s spine, which needs the best platform to stay safe. Finally, to add to the firmness of the mattress, you will have a high resilience layer which will help the overall mattress to provide the optimal support to your entire body.
- It can easily prevent sagging
- Has a highly breathable top layer
- Provides high conforming level
- It might cause excessive sweating during the humid weather
5. Sleepyhead Original
- Has a thickness of 5”
- Comes with a warranty of 10 years
- Has a foam construction
Suppose you are planning to get a simple mattress that is easy to manoeuvre without any problem. In that case, this is the best mattress you can get from the market. It has less thickness, so you won’t have to deal much with the weight of the mattresses.
At the top, there is a breathable layer that will help maintain the air circulation and keep the insides of the layers cool and hygienic. In addition, the material is very thin, which will help keep the surface cool, even during the summers.
To provide comfort to the sleepers, the second layer is made from comfort foam. This will help you to fall asleep without any disturbance. In addition, responsive memory foam is also added to the product right below the comfort foam layer.
Also Read: Best Memory Foam Mattress In India 2021
Thanks to its high responsiveness, the memory foam layer will be able to come back into its original shape the moment all the forces will be removed from the top. At the mattress base, you will find a support foam having a higher density than the top two layers.
Due to this, the upper two layers won’t sag early, thereby allowing the mattress to last for the longest time. All you need to do is handle it with care, following the manufacturer’s instructions, and you won’t have to replace it anytime sooner.
- Has high edge support for lessening the early sagging of the edges
- Thick hard foam to provide the best support
- Will prevent motion transfer in case someone is sleeping beside you
- Air circulation is not possible at the bottom of the mattress
In this above article, we have discussed the top five mattresses that you can get for yourself to ensure that you won’t have to wake up with a sore neck and stiff back. First, however, you need to make sure that your choice is ideal for your health.
After reviewing these five products, we would suggest having the Livpure Smart Legal mattress that comes with a cool gel memory foam and has a high level of firmness for supporting your body weight and reducing the pain from your cervical area.
Also, we would recommend the SleepyCat Original, which will help reduce the pain, but its construction is amazing and suitable for almost all kinds of sleepers.