Looking for the best mattress for back pain in India 2023? In this guide, I have shared my experience of how I choose these mattresses and why I recommend these mattresses in my list.
Here is my guide!
During Covid-19, I started working from home, not only me. Most of the people started working from home, right?
I have had back pain for a long time, and I don’t know whether because of an ergonomic chair or mattress. To find the cause of the problem, I tried many chairs to sit a long time, and nothing helped me. To read more on Warning Signs Your Mattress Is Causing Back Pain.
The second option was changing the sleeping position or mattress, so I decided to sleep on the floor without a pillow. The next morning, with the feeling of wow, will you believe me if I say this?
Yes, I don’t see much pain in my back, so I realized to check the mattress quality.
Then I started my research to find the right mattress for my back pain. My friend suggested an orthopaedic mattress which he was using for quite a long time. So started finding mattresses; there are plenty of orthopaedic mattresses available in the market; it’s difficult to choose the best among them right?
So started analyzing and reading many blogs about mattresses, with the help of blogs reading I found out the ways to find the right mattress with simple steps.
List down those steps for you to choose the best mattress for back pain in India 2023.
- Check Orthopaedic Or Not – Check whether the mattress is orthopaedic or not? if yes, go to the next step
- Choose From Best Sellers – Looking for the best sellers from amazon to find the most buying mattress in India.
- Fix Budget – Set your budget and choose a mattress accordingly in the bestseller list.
- Check Reviews – I have listed down the mattress with multiple positive reviews; there is no shortcut for this. You have to spend some time seeing each mattress reviews to find the right mattress.
- Check Trial Period & Warranty – Check the free Trial Period and certifications on a mattress, then compare your list.
- Choose Size & Dimensions – Now, the most important step after finding all these, choose the right mattress size and dimensions according to your bed.
- Check Firmness & Type Of Mattress – The next thing is choosing the right firmness level and type of mattress; this varies depending on people. I have chosen medium firmness and orthopaedic memory foam mattress.
- Check Mattress Comfort – Check mattress comfort; it has various options, such as Dual Comfort, Soft, Medium, Firm, and Extra Firm.
That’s it, now create a comparison table and check everything with the top 3 mattresses.
It’s easy to decide which mattress to buy!
To make your work done at ease, I have compiled the list of the mattress according to all these steps and listed down below, Now, it’s time to choose your mattress with my comparison table. If you trust me, I recommend a Wakefit orthopaedic mattress that is best for back pain with people who can opt for medium firmness.
Affiliate Disclosure!ThatMattressesBlog is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program so that we get a small commission on every successful purchase using our affiliate links mentioned on the site.
- 11 Best Mattress For Back Pain India 2023
- Other Best Mattress For Back Pain In India 2023
- Buyers Guide For Best Mattress For Back Pain In India 2023
- Find the Best Mattress For Back Pain in India 2023?
11 Best Mattress For Back Pain India 2023
1. Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
#1. Best Mattress Overall
- Trial period: 100 Nights
- Warranty: 10 Years
- Firmness: Medium
- Material: Memory Foam
- Sizes Available: Single, Diwan, Queen, King, Custom.
- MRP: ₹12,344 | Reg. Price: ₹9,876
Offer Price: ₹8,270 (For Queen Size from Wakefit store)
Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress is the Best Mattress for Back Pain in India 2023 for orthopaedic purposes. The medium-firm and comes with a manufacturer warranty of 20 years. It contains 5 layers:
- The top layer is made of breathable fabric and gives good air circulation.
- Coolfit cool foam – This technology has to keep cool and fresh when you are on the bed
- Transitions – Its the combination of memory and high resilience of aligning your spin in to get better sleep. It gives firmness to the body.
- Next-generation memory foam – It is high-density that contours your body shape also relieves pressure.
- High resiliency support – It gives support to the air circulation to maintain blood flow.
Wakefit Orthopedic mattress is designed with seven pressure zone layers to keep your spine aligned and distribute the weight of the body uniformly. High resilience foam that has smart spaces, which helps to allow air circulation for cool sleep. The firmness of this mattress is medium to provide a balance between pushback support and contouring support.
Also Read: How To Make Your Mattress Firmer
This mattress is one of the best options for those suffering from back pain and neck pain. This gentle, affordable mattress gives you a good quality of sleep. Memory foam helps to sink and take the shape of your body and helps to restrict the movements.
Warranty of 10 years and 100 nights free trial are the two best things about the mattress. Wakefit’s customer support provides free consultation for those who get confused about the size and all. Two covers come along with the mattress. One is stitched on the top of the mattress. The other one comes with a removable zippered premium quality outer cover that is washable.
Also Read: Mattress Cover Vs Topper Vs Protector
Wakefit is an ISO-certified company and was founded in 2016. They have been awarded as the best customer service from entrepreneur awards 2019. The Wakefit mattresses are manufactured by Wakefit innovations private limited. This queen-size mattress is perfectly suitable for two adults. To read the complete Wakefit mattress review.
- It can be rolled and packed.
- Customer service is good.
- Supports the body pretty well.
- It sinks when you in.
2. Sleepyhead Original Mattress
The Sleepyhead is the best mattress for back pain in India to make you cool with an affordable budget. It has good motion isolation, it gives better firmness, reliefs from pressure and noise proof sleep. The high-quality cover gives good air circulation and dust-free sleep. This is made of 4 layers
- Support – This is breathable and keeps firm
- Responsive memory – This memory is to relieve body pressure by evenly distributing weight, reduces spinal pain and maintains the temperature
- Comfort – This spinal code and keeps free from dust
- Springly breathable – This circulates air and maintains blood circulation.
- Highly recommended Mattress for Back Pain
- 1800+ reviews with hugely positive reviews from customers
- Amazon Best Seller Rank: #4 in Mattresses & Box Springs.
- Since 2017, this Mattress is dominating in best sellers category in Amazon
Sleepyhead Original is a super-soft memory foam mattress with three layers of foam construction that supports 90% of all body types. Memory foam helps to relieve the pressure points and pressure sores.
Usually, the movement of the one while sleeping on the mattress disturbs the other, but here in a sleepyhead mattress, memory foam material prevents the transfer of motion by absorbing and isolating it.
The firm foam base gives optimal support while resting. Memory foam in the middle helps to adjust your body weight. The breathable fabric at the top keeps you comfortable and gives you a quality of sleep. They are using technology that is NASA-approved to create the best and suitable product for the customers.
Sleepyhead provides a warranty of 10 years, and there is an option of a trial for 100 nights. It is one of the leading mattress brands in India that directly shipped the product from factory to home.
Details are given below about the sizes available in single, double, queen, king mattresses for your bed. Suppose the sizes given are not suitable for you. In that case, you can go with the customizable options that suit your requirement. To read the complete Sleepyhead mattress review.
- Mattress comes with perfect firmness, perfect size & removable cover.
- 2. Quality is awesome. Nicely stitched and accurately sized.
- 3. Material is really soft and gives more comfort when you sleep on it.
- Sides protector and corner protectors are not there.
3. SleepyCat Plus Orthopedic Gel Memory Foam Mattress
Best Cool Gel Mattress
- Trial period: 30 Nights
- Warranty: 10 Years
- Firmness: Medium
- Material: Memory Foam
- Sizes Available: Single, Double, Queen, King, Custom.
- MRP Price: ₹21,989 | Price ₹17,489
- Discount : 36%
- Offer Price: ₹13,117 (For Queen Size from SleepyCat Store)
Sleepycat Plus is a lightweight orthopaedic gel memory foam mattress that gives you a pain-free sleep, and medium firmness gives you a comfortable sleep. Another important aspect of this memory foam mattress is that it can restrict the movements of others when one is sleeping.
Sleepycat uses four different layers in the mattress for multi-support. One-inch gel memory foam on the top provides you with ample support and plushness. The 6-inches of high-density foam is used here to retain the shape of the mattress after compression. The breezy inner cover allows air to circulate the mattress.
The item’s weight is only 18 kilograms, so there may be a chance to slide off the mattress. An anti-skid base is used at the bottom to protect the mattress from sliding off to avoid such situations. Sleepycat was established in 2017 and provided a warranty of 10 years and 30 nights free trial. The smart outer zipper cover is removable for easy wash. To read the SleepyCat mattress review.
The double-size mattress allows one adult and a child or two children to sleep on it comfortably. Explained in detail about the sizes available in single, double, queen, king mattresses for your bed. Suppose the sizes given below are not suitable for you. In that case, you can go with the customizable options that suit your requirement.
- The anti-skid base at the bottom of the mattress.
- The weight of the mattress is comparatively less.
- A 30-night trial is not applicable for customized mattresses and baby mattresses.
4. SleepX Ortho Mattress
In SleepX Ortho mattress, Orthopedic technology is used to support your back. The mattress material of Memory foam is used for extra comfort and relieves pressure points. This mattress adjusts according to your spinal alignment. Neem normally has many benefits to keep you healthy.
So, the team SleepX went to another level by using neem fresche technology in the mattresses to keep you away from allergens. This technology is also used to protect against dust mites and keep your mattress fresh for a long time.
An air mesh fabric used in this mattress improves the air circulation to keep you cool even in the summer. Sleeping on soft mattresses causes issues with your spinal cord. Due to its plush firmness, your body will get rejuvenated after a peaceful sleep on a SleepX ortho mattress. Five layers are there in the SleepX ortho mattress.
Softech quiltech foam in quilting is in the top and bottom of the mattress. High resilience foam and high-density foam are present in between. These mattresses are suitable for all kinds of sleepers. SleepX provides a warranty for three years and a free trial period of 100 nights.
The outer is also removable and easily washable. It is a king-size mattress that allows two adults and a child to sleep on it. Explained in detail about the sizes available in single, double, queen, king mattresses for your bed.
If the sizes given below are not suitable for you, customizable options suit your requirement. Sheela foam limited, Ghaziabad, manufactures sleep mattresses. To read the complete SleepX mattress review.
- Neem fresche technology to keep the mattress surface clean.
- Customizable as per customer’s requirement.
- Not easily moveable.
5. Duroflex Back Magic Mattress
Best Mattress For Back Support
- Trial period: 30 Nights
- Warranty: 7 Years
- Firmness: Firm
- Material: Coir
- Sizes Available: Single, Double, Queen, King.
- MRP Price: ₹19,784
- Discount: 3%
- Offer Price: ₹17,212 (For queen size from Duroflex store)
Use code SAVENOW to get additional 10% OFF
Duroflex back magic is India’s certified orthopaedic mattress that uses a high-density coir layer which is the main benefit of an orthopaedic mattress. The coir is made from natural coconut fibre that gives excellent support.
Memory foam relieves body pressure and enhances the circulation of blood. This mattress’s certified five zoned orthopaedic support layer has been used per the doctor’s recommendation to support spine alignment. Knitted fabric with PU foam quilting is used as the topmost layer of the mattress that gives you a luxurious feel. High-density coir allows air to circulate throughout the mattress to keep you cool.
High resilient foam layer provides firm support and durability. Rebonded foam is used in between the high-density coir, and it provides better reinforcement. Jacquard woven fabric is used at the bottom that acts as a protective covering. They provide a warranty of 7 years and a trial period of 100 nights for this mattress.
Duroflex was established in 1963 and manufactured by Duroflex private limited. In Duroflex, the height of the mattress is the same for all kinds of mattresses that are 5 inches. This Duroflex back magic is a king-size mattress that accommodates two adults and a child. Duroflex is ready to customize the mattress that suits your requirement. To read the complete Duroflex mattress review.
- The weight of the mattress is low.
- Customization is available.
- Need to order protection cover separately.
6. Springtek Dreamer Orthopaedic Memory Mattress
Springtek Dreamer Orthopaedic mattress is a low budget mattress for back pain relief and which designed with memory foam and HR foam for dual comfort. This dual comfort mattress gives you contouring support from neck to lower back. This springtek mattress is comfortable for all kinds of sleepers: side sleepers, back sleepers, and stomach sleepers.
The knitted Zipper breathable moisture-wicking fabric, the top layer, protects the mattress from microbes and keeps your mattress clean. The micro-cell structure of breezy inner fabric used as the second layer from the top provides airflow to the mattress and provides you with cool sleep.
The Three different combinations of transition foam, body adaptable memory foam, and high resilience foam gives you multi-zoned support. So, it is considered the perfect mattress for an adult and children.
Moreover, this memory foam mattress helps not to transfer the motion. So, your bedmate won’t get disturbed while you are moving. The firmness of the top side of the mattress is medium, and the firmness of the backside is firm. The zip-off washable outer cover is made with an upholstery-grade knit for longer life.
Springtek provides 11 years of warranty for this particular mattress, and the warranty may vary for each mattress in springtek. The company has provided a trial period of free 30 nights. Springtek mattresses are manufactured by Ashoka foam multiplast limited and started selling products in 2010.
As per the reviews of the customer, the support given by the seller after the purchase of the springtek product is great. Below are detailed explanations about the sizes available in single, double, queen, king mattresses for your bed. To read the complete Springtek mattress review.
- The mattress has retained its shape.
- It prevents the tosses and turns of the partner.
- It produces moderate heat during summer, but Air Conditioners may help.
7. Durfi Mattress Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress
Durfi mattress is perfectly suitable and made for Indian back with chiropractors. Doctors also recommended that these mattresses are perfectly designed for those who are having back pain or slipped disc.
It is a memory foam mattress with a combination of three layers to provide support for your back and relieves pressure on the painful joints. It is equipped with one-inch cotton candy memory foam, which gives a cooler sleeping surface. The resilient comfort layer is equipped with advanced airflow technology that helps to keep the mattress cool by letting the air inside the mattress.
The anti-microbial fabric at the top gives you a clean and fresh sleep surface. It is suitable for all body weights. This double-sized mattress is suitable for one adult and one kid. Four types of mattresses are available depending on the size. They are single, double, king, and queen. It comes with a removable outer cover for easy wash.
The company has given a warranty for ten years. Durfi gives enough time for a 30-night free trial to check whether the mattress is suitable for you. Durfi mattress is manufactured by Durfi retail private limited. Detailed explanations are given below about the sizes available in single, double, queen, king mattresses for your bed. If the sizes given below are not suitable for you, then durfi is here to customize the mattress as per your size requirement. To read the complete Durfi mattress review.
- Suitable for back pain or slip disc.
- No heating issues.
- The weight of the mattress is heavy.
Other Best Mattress For Back Pain In India 2023
The product can be used on both sides, medium-soft on one side and medium-firm on the other side. The heavier person uses the soft side and the lighter person uses a medium-firm. This product comes with a manufacturer’s warranty of 10 years.
There are 4 layers :
- Top layer – The comes with breathable fabric and gives more air circulation at all times
- Coolfit cool foam – It uses Proprietary technology that to keep cool
- Next-generation memory foam – It’s a high-density of that contours body
- High resilience support form – It gives the firm foundation.
- It can used as both sides. one side is soft and other side less soft.
- Comfortable and best mattress for back pain.
- Extreme customer satisfaction.
- It is not suitable for hard mattress.
Dreamzee is the best mattress for back pain in India which is designed to support, and maintain spin position and to increase blood circulation. This product can be used on the dual side. The top is soft and the bottom is medium firm. It regulates weight evenly and heals your body.
- The top layer – This is made of High GSM quilted fabric which gives better comfort to the body and gives sound sleep
- The cushion layer – There is formed on 2-inch cool memory foam which cradles of your maintain and temperature throughout the night. There is reduces with bounciness and distributes human weight evenly to feel lighter.
- Support layer – The high resilience to support gives good air circulation.
- Product quality & softness is excellent.
- Mattress is so flexible.
- Temperature sensitive memory foam for better spine alignment. Soft fur fabric for crazy feel.
- No other colour varients.
The Boston gives comfortable sleep and handles and satisfy customers which are budget-friendly. The orthopaedic is the spine, joint and whole body, it is focused on disorders or deformities to the spine and joint.
The product can be flipped and rotated on both sides to increase the lifespan of the spring bed can be rotated every 6 months. This is made of rebonded and shock absorbing soft.
The mattress comes with a manufacturer warranty of 5 years. The layers are:
- Top layer – This is made of quilted fabric cover which gives cushioning effect and gives body support.
- Air ventilation – It gives better hygiene with proper air ventilation.
- Firm rebonded care – It helps to give complete to the body by evenly separating weight and gives to the spine and joint.
- Dual Comfort: One Side is Hard & One Side is Soft.
- Cushioning Foam & Exclusive Air Ventilation Foam Technology.
- Recommended to combat problems like Back Ache & Joint Pain.
Royal rest is designed for orthopaedic problems, it helps to support spin and muscular discomfort. There is comes with dual foam, soft side on one side and medium-firm on another side.
This product comes with a manufacturer’s warranty of 5 years. It’s a dual comfort, orthopaedic, reversible, sag resistant, zero partner disturbance.
- Top layer – It’s a soft fabric that can be removed easily and are breathable.
- Plush memory foam – It is reliefs for pressure and main body temperature
- Orthopedic base layer – This is the spine and maintains weight evenly. It prevents from sinkage and bounciness
- Interior fabric liner and fire retardant barrier – This circulates air and maintain the cool effect.
- Dual Comfort: One side is hard Foam & other side is soft Foam.
- Premium Quilted Knitted Fabric.
- Cushioning and comfortness is good.
Buyers Guide For Best Mattress For Back Pain In India 2023
Sleep is very important to lead a happy and healthy life. The rejuvenating morning is dependent on the amount of sleep you had last night.
Finding the best good mattress is like a blessing that makes the sleep more comfortable and relaxing. If you want to get relief from your back pain, then the best quality mattress can only help you.
You will find a wide variety of offerings in the market, but you have to choose the best from that and gift yourself the plush sleep.
- Firmness Level– Firmness is the quality that determines the strength of a character. It is the most important factor that you should consider first. You don’t want to sleep on a surface that is either too hard or too soft, as solidity determines your sleep quality. It is highly recommended to buy a mattress that has a medium-firm level of firmness.
- Mattress Type- Various types of mattress promises to give the best but does not. So before buying any mattress, check whether it is best for orthopedics containing proprietary responsive foam. The HR foam type mattress with High GSM Breathable Fabric is also very helpful for customers.
- Mattress Comfort- Comfort is highly demandable in terms of mattresses. The best mattress provides the best comfort to the customers, and they can enjoy luxurious sleep. It would be best if you bought a mattress that has medium to firm comfort with support constituents.
- Pressure Relief & Motion Transfer- The mattress with pressure relief and motion transfer technology is the best and is worth it. A pressure Relief mattress has the maximum level of adjustability and adapts according to the body’s shape, size, and weight. It provides outstanding support and comfort to the customers by adapting their sleeping methods. It also provides ultimate pressure relief by distributing the whole body pressure.
- Zoned Support- Zoned Memory foam helps to keep your spine, hips, and shoulders aligned and supported in every possible position. So Mattresses providing zoned support is highly beneficial.
- Quality Materials- You should always prioritize quality over quantity. Good quality mattresses have a good density with proper firmness. You can determine the quality of a mattress by checking the thickness and weight of the mattress. Do not just go and buy any mattress that can hamper your sleep but always check the quality products and then invest your money.
How Back-Pain affects sleep?
Back pain makes it challenging to experience high-quality sleep. Back Pain also makes it difficult to find a comfortable sleeping position creating a lot of sleep delay. Some schooling says that back pain can hamper your sleep as back pain becomes most effective during the night.
This also does not allow you to sleep as you will not find a comfortable sleeping position, and due to the lack of restorative sleep, the pain gets more effective. This leads to an increase in back pain and keeps you awake for the whole night.
Types of Back Pain
1. Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain mainly occurs due to muscle injury, sprain, or strains in muscle or can occur due to poor body mechanics.
This is a common factor you will find who is highly aged or persons who work out in the gym can also have back pain while lifting heavy objects.
You can deal with the back pain by providing yourself a good medication and a good best where you can have the best sleep.
2. Upper and Mid Back Pain
Upper and middle back pain is another quite common symptom found in aged people. If the discs that support your spine and poor posture are not healthy, you can face this pain.
There are also many causes like Soft-tissue Injury, muscle tightness, or injury to the muscles, ligaments, etc. Pressure on the spinal nerves forms certain problems, and due to that, you might face severe back pain.
Upper and back pain need proper care, or else you cannot sleep at night. So finding the best mattress for your back pain is highly recommended.
Can Sleeping Position affect Back Pain?
Sleeping position can also affect your back pain. Choosing a well-made innerspring or foam mattress is very important for your back.
It can create pressure points at the back of the head, the scapula, the coccyx, and the heels. The pain depends on the mattress’s stiffness, and it gets worse if the mattress doesn’t support the curve of your backbone.
- Side Sleepers- According to research, if you sleep on a bad quality mattress on one side, it can give you more pain and suffering. To avoid this, you can enjoy medium firmness mattresses or memory foam mattresses.
- Also Read: Best Mattress For Side Sleepers India
- Back Sleepers- The optimal sleeping position is on your back. The back sleeping position eventually distributes your body pressure and also helps to minimize your pressure points. People with back sleeping can opt for the innerspring of medium-firm technology mattresses.
- Also Read: Best Mattress For Stomach Sleepers India
- Stomach Sleepers- Sleeping upside or giving pressure to your stomach is the worst sleeping position as it can give abnormal pressure to your neck. This type of sleeper should always go for latex mattresses.
Can a Mattress Cause Back Pain?
Mattress can be highly accountable for back pain. If you continuously sleep on a bad quality mattress, you will be responsible for back pain. The back pain mainly occurs because a lack of support from a mattress is provided to the muscles, making the muscle stiff and hard.
A bad sleeping posture can cause tight muscles and prevent you from keeping the spine in alignment, all of which will contribute to lower back pain and upper back pain.
Before choosing the mattress, you should think about your sleeping positions and then decide the desirable ones. You should also consider foam mattresses or innerspring mattresses that can help in your back pain.
Also Read: How Often to Change Your Mattress
Which Type of Mattress is Best for Back Pain?
Having the right mattress can help people who already suffer from back problems. A mattress with good quality can offer you more good and productive sleep for persons who already suffer from back pain. Some of the types of mattresses are given below:
1. Memory Foam Mattress- This is best for people who side sleepers and have back pain.
2. Gel Mattresses- These are best for people who cannot sleep due to excess absorption of body heat.
3. Innerspring- This is ideal for those who like firmness and like to sleep with their back.
4. Latex Mattresses- are best for side, back, and stomach sleepers as they provide a medium to firm amount of firmness to the body.
How to get relief on a Budget
- Consider Buying a Mattress Online- Online market is now the vastest market where you can avail of anything anywhere. It also allows tallying the product’s specifications. In Online Market, you will find a sea of mattresses from where you can buy the mattress that fulfills your requirements and is also affordable in price.
- Use Mattress Toppers- Mattress topper is a removable layer that sits on the top of a mattress to provide cushioning and support. These are highly recommendable to get relief as this is very affordable in price and comes in a huge variety. You will find a mattress topper with various fillings such as memory foam, gel, hollow-fiber, micro-fiber, feathers, and latex.
Find the Best Mattress For Back Pain in India 2023?
7 Best Mattress For Back Pain In India 2023
- Wakefit Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress
- Sleepyhead Original – 3 Layered Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress
- SleepyCat Plus Orthopedic Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- SleepX Ortho Mattress
- Duroflex Back Magic Mattress
- Springtek Dreamer Orthopaedic Memory Mattress
- Durfi Mattress Orthopedic Memory Foam