Are you worried about not getting proper sleep during the summer season?
If yes, then you need to get a mattress that comes with cooling gel technology. This cooling gel is a skin-friendly compound infused in memory foam or added as a separate layer in the mattress. It will help you sleep comfortably since the gel molecules will absorb the body heat or the surface, keeping you cool during your sleep.
So, all you have to do is choose the best mattress for summer in India from the five products we have explained below.
- Things to Consider Before Buying Mattress For This Summer
- Benefits Of Cooling Gel Mattress
- Top 5 Best Mattress For Summer In India
Things to Consider Before Buying Mattress For This Summer
- First, you need to check whether the memory foam has infused gel molecules or a separate cooling gel layer in the mattress.
- Always choose a gel-based mattress that has breathable fabric for maintaining air circulation.
- Check the sagging rate because it will lose its cooling effect if the gel layer is compressed too much.
- Also, do not forget to check the firmness level. If you have backaches, a higher firmness level is required in the mattress and vice versa.
Benefits Of Cooling Gel Mattress
- The gel compound will absorb your body heat and hence, regulate the surface temperature with ease.
- You would get a longer sleep cycle.
- The gel beads/liquid regulates the internal airflow well, making the mattress comfortable.
- Notice less pain in your shoulder and back muscles while sleeping.
Top 5 Best Mattress For Summer In India
1. SleepyCat Plus Orthopedic Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Has 8” thickness
- Comes with medium firmness
- Has gel-infused technology
If you want to sleep on a cool bed after returning from your tiring work, SleepyCat has brought you their best mattress. It is not only an orthopaedic mattress but also can easily regulate the surface temperature, providing you with both comfort and relief from backaches.
Due to its dual functionality, the product has become quite popular, especially in areas where the summers are uncomfortable due to constant high temperatures. The top of the mattress is covered with a high GSM fabric, having enhanced breathability.
It will help you sleep comfortably without worrying about feeling hot or sweating profusely in the middle of the night. On top of all these features, the smart cover comes with a zipper that will allow you to wash the fabric now and then at your convenience.
Under the cover, the second layer of the mattress is formed by a 2” gel-based memory foam which will absorb your body heat, thereby keeping you cool for long hours. That’s the reason we have chosen this product for those who are looking for a summer-specific mattress.
To provide support to the above layers, there is a 6” high-density hard foam layer. It has less bounciness which will support your body weight perfectly.
In addition, the foam will also put the proper pressure amount on the trigger points present in your back muscles. Underneath the mattress is an anti-skid layer that will prevent it from slipping from its position.
- Has a zipped cover for maintaining the hygiene
- Can absorb your body heat with ease
- It won’t slip from its position
- It is a bit heavy as compared to other orthopaedic mattresses
2. Flo Ergo Gel Memory Foam + Proprietary Responsive Foam Mattress
- Has 6” thickness
- Has a 10-year warranty period
- Perfect for double-sized beds
Flo is one of the topmost mattress brands in India, which has introduced an amazing memory foam for all those sleepers who want to sleep comfortably during the summer season. Unlike other mattresses, this product comes with dual cover layers, each having unique properties.
The outer cover has an aloe-vera infused gel technology that will keep the surface cool and soothe your skin and prevent allergies. In addition, as it comes with zipper technology, you can remove the outer cover and then wash it for maintaining the mattress’s hygiene.
The inner cover is made from 100% cotton fabric where the fibres are long threaded and hence have improved the breathability rate. It will protect the inner foam layers in case you want to wash the outer cover.
Next to this layer is memory foam. It is a gel-infused foam where the micro heat-absorbing cooling gel is infused between the fibre gaps. As a result, it will be able to absorb your body heat without any hassle.
Another purpose of this memory foam layer is that it will be able to apply the right pressure to the trigger points in your back muscles, thereby providing you relief from the soreness. The last layer is composed of Flo-responsive foam that supports the sleeping individual’s body comfortably. You would not feel any ache in your back the next day.
- Has a 3D-mesh fabric covering the edges for better air circulation
- Will keep the surface cool, no matter how hot the day is
- Helps in relieving pressure from the trigger points
- Has a higher sagging rate
3. SleepX Ortho Cool Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Comes with a 6” thickness
- Has gel technology memory foam
- Comes with a 5-year warranty period
A mattress important for the summer season should have two main characteristics- proper air circulation and improved cooling technology. Luckily, this mattress from SleepX has both these properties.
It is a pure orthopaedic mattress to get relief from the back pain and the aching muscles. In addition, if you were recently in an accident where you had hurt your back, this mattress will help you recover quickly.
The top layer is made from a breathable fabric that will maintain the proper air circulation throughout the mattress’s thickness. Under this cover layer, there is a next-generation memory foam layer with cooling gel technology.
It would absorb your body heat better and you would sleep restfully all through the night. The third layer of the mattress is a High Resilience foam that has more bounciness than the memory foam.
Due to its bounciness, the mattress will be able to protect your spine and offer the necessary support for maintaining the spine’s alignment. On top of this, the HR foam layer also provides high stability to the above memory foam layer.
To increase the firmness of the mattress, there is a hard foam at the bottom of the mattress with high density. It occupies the maximum thickness of the product, thereby ensuring that the upper foam layers do not sag earlier than expected.
- Has a knitted edge cover with breathable fabric
- Can cool down the mattress surface with ease
- HR and HD foam combination will help in easing the back pain and injuries
- Not suitable for the side sleepers
4. Doctor Dreams Green Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- 6” mattress height
- Has 10-year warranty period
- Perfect for queen-size beds
This mattress is indeed a dream product for everyone who wants to sleep on plush bedding with no concern about skin’s health, excessive sweating, and soreness in the entire body. The overall firmness of the bed varies between 4.5 to 6, which will provide you with both comfort and relief from any muscular or bone aches.
One of the best things about the mattress is that its construction is based on foams having almost similar firmness, which is why you can easily cuddle on the bed. On the top, there is a Tencel fabric which is made from wood pulp. Since it has a high GSM of 300, the breathability rate of the cover has been increased by ten folds.
Also, in addition, the cover is super soft and has antimicrobial properties, which will prevent skin allergies in case you have upper sensitive skin. Under this layer is a simple cotton knitted cover that will protect the inner foam layers from dust and debris accumulation. Hence, you won’t have to worry about mildew or moulds growing inside the mattress.
There is a separate cooling gel layer that will help in absorbing your body heat. Hence, you can easily sleep on a cool surface during the summer season. Under this gel layer, you will have a memory foam layer.
Since memory foam is known for its action on the body, you won’t have to wake up the next day with a sore and stiff back. To provide more comfort, a PU foam layer is added at the base, which is the thickest layer of the mattress.
- Has a natural and organic outer fabric
- Will keep your skin safe from allergies
- Improved cooling action due to a separate gel layer
- Won’t be able to provide proper support to the sleepers due to lower firmness range
5. Coirfit SLEEP SPA NATURA Convoluted Cool Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Has a 6” thickness
- Has aloe-infused outer fabric
- Comes with a 15-year warranty period
Our last mattress choice, which will help you in sleeping comfortably, is from Coirfit. It is one of the unique mattresses that you will find in the Indian market. In addition, the mattress has become popular for its unique construction also.
Starting from the top layer, the cover is made from an aloe-infused quilted fabric. The top layer will provide a plush feeling to the sleepers due to the softness of the quilt, but also the aloe component will prevent any skin allergy. Hence, the mattress has a high level of hygiene, so even children can sleep on it.
The second layer is made from cooling gel-infused memory foam. It will help in absorbing your body heat, thereby keeping you cool throughout the sleep time. As a result, you won’t have to wake up in the middle of the night due to excessive sweating.
In the third layer, you will find a convoluted swirl memory foam which acts as a transition layer. It will absorb the force of impact and the momentum and help reduce the sagging rate of the below layers.
The fourth layer is made from zonal HR foam, which will target different zones in your body and release the pressure from the knotted muscles. It will also support your body weight and maintain the spine’s posture without any hassle.
Next, an anti-skid layer will help maintain the mattress’s position on the bed surface. Lastly, there is a removable zipper external cover that will help you clean the fabric and maintain hygiene.
- Aloe infused fabric will keep your skin safe from infections
- Has a medium-soft firmness for all kinds of sleepers
- It won’t move from its position, no matter how slippery the lower bed surface is
- Has a higher sagging rate of the memory foam
We have discussed the top mattresses that are ideal for the summer season. To ensure that the surface stays cool throughout the day, we have chosen only those mattresses having a cooling gel technology because only air circulation won’t maintain the surface temperature.
If you ask for our recommendation, we will suggest the SleepX ortho gel memory foam mattress first because it is ideal for reducing back pain, whether it is the aches in the spine or the back muscles.
And secondly, we will recommend the Coirfit Sleep Spa Natura convoluted cool gel memory foam mattress because it comes with medium firmness and has an aloe-infused outer cover.
Do gel mattresses make you cold?
Yes, the gel mattresses will absorb your body heat, thereby helping in lowering your body temperature during the summer season.
How long do gel mattresses last?
The longevity of the gel mattresses depends on the materials used in the overall mattress construction and the sagging rate of the memory foam where the gel is infused.
Do gel mattresses sag?
Yes, the gel mattresses do sag. But the sagging rate will vary from one product to the other.
Is gel better than memory foam?
If you want to sleep on a cool mattress, it’s better to get a product having gel-infused memory foam technology.
Is a gel mattress good for back pain?
If the gel mattress has a hard foam layer or HR foam, you can consider the mattress to ease back pain.