Are you planning to get a new mattress that will help in alleviating your back pain?
If yes, the Wakefit natural latex mattress is the best choice. Wakefit is one of the most popular brands when it comes to bedding materials and furniture. Their mattresses are ISO certified and made from high-quality materials.
So, if you are eager to know more about this particular product, we have presented a full Wakefit latex mattress review to help you out with a clarification.
Here, you will learn about the pros and cons of the product, the layers included in the mattress and their benefits, along with the product’s performance.
Check out here, To Read Full Wakefit Mattress Review
- 1. Pros And Cons Of Wakefit Latex Mattress
- 2. Firmness And Feel
- 3. Mattress construction
- 4. Wakefit Latex Mattress Performance
- 5. Wakefit Latex Mattress Size and Dimensions
- 6. Wakefit Latex Mattress Pricing Table
- 7. Wakefit Latex Mattress Policies
- 8. Who should buy a Wakefit latex mattress, and is that worth it?
- 9. FAQs
1. Pros And Cons Of Wakefit Latex Mattress
- Latex allows natural cooling of the surface
- No growth of bacteria or mould in between the inner layers
- Has high durability and longevity
- Comes with a warranty period of 10 years
- Has a removable and washable outer cover design
- No anti-skid layer is present below
- Custom mattresses can’t be returned
2. Firmness And Feel
The Wakefit latex mattress has medium firmness, which will support your body weight and maintain your posture. The HR foam has a high level of firmness which is counterbalanced by the softness of the memory foam and the latex layer. That’s why the mattress has a firmness ranging from 4.5 to 6.5.
3. Mattress construction
The outer cover is made from cotton, which is a breathable fabric. In addition, it comes with a removable zipper. So, you can open the zipper, remove the top layer and clean it occasionally.
3.2 Comfort layers
In the comfort layer section, the following two materials are present:
- Memory foam is added, changing its shape according to the points where the force is applied. For example, press down the mattress with your palm and then after a few seconds, remove it. You will see the depression has formed the shape of your palm.
- The first comfort layer is the 7-zonal latex layer. It applies pressure along seven different zones of your back, thereby helping in reducing the tensed muscle knots and provide you with the optimal form of relief.
3.3 Support layer
The maximum thickness of the mattress is due to the high resilience foam present at the extreme bottom. HR foam is said to be the firmest among all other foam types. Due to the presence of this material, the latex mattress can provide support to the spine and the back muscles. Also, the mattress’s stability is due to the presence of the HR foam layer.
3.4 Mattress height and weight
The mattress weight will differ from one model to the other based on the following attributes:
- The thickness of the mattress
- Size of the product
Wakefit has kept two options for the mattress height- 6” and 8”. Based on your convenience, you can choose the most appropriate thickness which will be suitable as per the bodyweight of the sleepers.
4. Wakefit Latex Mattress Performance
|Cooling property||Present due to natural latex material|
|Motion transfer||Doesn’t transfer the force to the surrounding areas|
|Noise and odor||No|
- Cooling property: As the latex used in manufacturing the product t is natural and hasn’t been processed in the factory with chemicals, the material retains all its original properties. One such property is the natural cooling effect.
Latex has several air pockets in between. Due to this, the heat can be circulated evenly within the mattress, thanks to the continuous air circulation. Hence, the surface will remain cool even during hot, dry, or humid conditions.
- Motion transfer: If you are worried about waking up in the middle of the night due to your partner’s constant twisting and turning, don’t get concerned. The mattress layers can absorb the force from above without relaying it to the surrounding areas radially. Hence, you won’t be able to feel your partner’s movement on the bed.
- Edge support: For any mattress, edge support is defined as a feature by which the edges can resist the compression forces to prevent excess depression on the sides. If we consider the Wakefit latex mattress, there is no edge support added exclusively. But that doesn’t mean the sides will sink in due to the weight made on the surface. The mattress has a strong, sturdy built, maintaining the thickness evenly, both at the centre and the edges.
- Durability: One of the best features of the Wakefit latex mattress is its enhanced durability. Natural latex can stay in its original shape for a long time, even for 15 years. Thanks to this, the product doesn’t suffer from sagging sooner, provided you are using the mattress properly.
In addition, the base layer has a hard foam. It will support the bodyweight of the sleeper and will prevent depression. This is one of the main reasons for the high durability of the product. Also, there will be no growth of microbes in between the layers. It will enhance the lifetime as microbes can cause decay of the latex material from within.
- Noise and odour: Latex is one of the best raw materials for the construction of mattresses, especially the ones termed as “eco-friendly”. As the material has numerous air pockets inside, air currents can flow easily through the layers all across the product. This prevents the growth of bacteria and mould, which are the main sources of bad odour. If you are worried about the mattress making squeaking noises, do not worry anymore.
First of all, no spring is included in the construction of the product. Hence, there will be no recoiling sound that might disturb your peaceful slumber. In addition, the layers can absorb the compression forces, thereby reducing the noises further.
5. Wakefit Latex Mattress Size and Dimensions
6. Wakefit Latex Mattress Pricing Table
|Size||Price On WakeFit Store||Price On Amazon|
7. Wakefit Latex Mattress Policies
- Shipping: Once you enter all details regarding the mattress size and height, it will take you to the checkout page. On that page, you need to enter the address and the pin code. If the product is available for your area, you can continue with the buying process.
Wakefit does not charge a single penny for shipping the product to different cities. Deliveries are done to popular cities like Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, and others.
- Trial period: According to the makers of Wakefit mattresses, one cannot choose a product just by seeing it online, no matter how positive the reviews are. Our health depends a lot on the mattress we sleep on, especially the spine’s health and curvature. So, getting the right mattress is imperative. Wakefit offers a trial period of 100 days from the date of delivery.
Within these 100 days, you can sleep on the mattress and use it normally to check whether or not your body is feeling comfortable. If not, you can easily return the product.
- Returns: According to the terms and conditions of Wakefit company, you can return the latex mattress product within the trial period. For any refund, you have to provide your customer bank details, and if the defect is covered within the warranty policies, a 100% refund will bring made with the next five working days.
- Warranty: Wakefit provides a warranty of 10 years for the latex mattress. Within this warranty period, if you return the product, you will get refunds. However, it’s only possible if the damage is covered within the company’s warranty policies.
For example, it will cover defects, including manufacturing damage, wrong order of the product, depression of the mattress less than 1.5% of the thickness, and others within the warranty policies.
However, suppose the damage done to the mattress is due to your negligence or improper usage of the product. In that case, you won’t get a refund.
8. Who should buy a Wakefit latex mattress, and is that worth it?
Suppose you have any back pain, like arthritis, neurological problems, pinched nerves, sore muscles, etc. In that case, you can buy the Wakefit latex mattress easily. It is made from different layers, each having its contribution towards maintaining the spine’s curvature.
In addition, a latex mattress also provides enhanced body support that you won’t need the acupressure massage to reduce the backaches. The mattress comes with a 7-zonal pressure layer which applies the correct amount of pressure on the trigger points present along the spine.
Buying the Wakefit latex mattress is worth every penny you will spend. Not only latex is natural and eco-friendly material, but it also has hypoallergenic properties. Hence, no harm will come to your skin.
How many inches of latex mattress included?
Wakefit offers two options in terms of mattress thickness. The 8” mattress is ideal when one of the sleepers has body weight more than 80 kilograms. The 6” mattress can be bought if-
1. One sleeper has a bodyweight varying between 60 to 80 kilograms.
2. Both the sleepers have a body weightless of 80 kilograms.
How long does a Wakefit latex mattress last?
Wakefit promises that their mattress has high longevity. It eliminates the need of buying another new product within a few years, investing another lumpsum amount. However, we can’t express the actual longevity in terms of years or months. This particular attribute completely depends on how you are using the product. Proper use following the manual will not bring any damage to the product, that’s for sure.
Does Wakefit latex mattress have certifications?
All the Wakefit mattress, including the latex product, are ISO certified. With ISO certification, you can trust their product for being one of the best in its categories. The latex mattress comes with a premium build, having the best quality materials on the inner side.
Does Wakefit latex mattress provide custom size?
Yes, Wakefit does offer custom size for their latex mattress. Once you choose the Custom option, you will be asked to enter length and breadth in inches. For this, you must take proper measurements. If you are not a pro in this matter, there is a link on the page that you can click and watch the video. The entire process of measuring the bed for custom dimensions will be mentioned there. Make sure that you enter the length and breadth properly.