Are you looking for a mattress that can provide a cooling sensation while you are sleeping?
If yes, then you need to learn more about cooling mattresses and how they work. Several cooling technologies provide relief from the heated surface in different ways. So, to help you out, we have explained everything you need to know about this best cooling mattress in India.
- Also Read: Interesting Mattress Facts
Hence, you need to study the information and choose the best mattress you think will be most appropriate for you.
- What To Look Before Buying Cooling Mattress?
- Benefits Of Buying Cooling Mattress
- Top 5 Best Cooling Mattress In India
What To Look Before Buying Cooling Mattress?
- Budget Planning: Firstly, you need to decide your budget range and then choose a product that will be affordable compared to your set budget.
- Type Of Mattress:
- Natural Latex Mattress: Natural latex mattresses are great in providing a cooling sensation and maintaining the health of your skin.
- Cool Gel Foam: Memory foam reinforced with cooling gel technology will be able to reduce the surface temperature effectively.
- Memory Foam: Memory foam can maintain the temperature but only due to ventilation and air circulation.
- Innerspring: Like the hybrid mattresses, the innerspring mattress will also reduce air circulation as the products are tightly packed with high-density materials and the spring layer.
- Hybrid Mattress: A hybrid mattress fuses the advantage of two mattresses together. In other words, it takes the advanced feature of gel-infused memory foam, combines it with mixed memory foam, and helps the body to regulate body temperature. Thus, keeping the body cool.
- Waterbed: These mattresses have water inside the outer layers, which helps in reducing the temperature and keeping the surface cool.
- Temperature Regulation: You have to check how the mattress can control the temperature in accordance with the ambient temperature.
For example, suppose you want the mattress to be used in both the winter and summer seasons. In that case, you will need a product having temperature regulation technology.
Also Read: Best Mattress For Summer In India 2022
- Key Cooling Materials:
- Coils & Springs: Usually, coils and springs are made using steel material for better support. However, because their layers contain several air spaces, it allows the air to pass freely, thus allowing the comfort layers to cool fast.
- Natural Latex: Latex has cooling properties due to its natural composition and will reduce the surface heat to a great extent.
- Cooling Gel: This is a special compound that is inserted into the memory foam. They absorb the surface and body heat and cool down the bed.
- Aloe-vera: Aloe vera is usually integrated into the top layer and helps cool the surface and provide anti-microbial properties.
- Memory Foam: Memory foam can reduce the surface temperature if it has a low density and more air pockets.
- Pressure Relief: You also have to check whether the mattress is capable enough to reduce the pressure from your trigger points. After all, that is one of the main requirements of almost all sleepers looking for a new mattress.
- Firmness Level: Based on your purpose, you need to decide what should be the firmness level of the mattress.
For example, if you want to sleep and cuddle on the bed, you will have to choose a product having a firmness level between 4 to 5.5. However, if you are looking for firm mattresses, make sure that the value is more than 6.
- Edge Support: You should check whether the chosen mattresses come with proper edge support or not. Usually, in most cases, edge supports are present in the spring mattresses to ensure that the coils do not lose their elasticity or apply force on the side walls.
Benefits Of Buying Cooling Mattress
- Helps in lowering the surface temperature of the mattress
- Best for sleeping comfortably in the summer seasons
- Absorbs the body heat to reduce sweating
- Provides a cooling sensation for helping you sleep comfortably
Top 5 Best Cooling Mattress In India
1. SleepyCat Original- 3 Layered Orthopedic Gel Memory Foam Mattress
Often orthopaedic mattresses have denser materials, owing to the high level of firmness that the products need to have. And that’s why it can be a real challenge for maintaining the air circulation and ventilation, which is why you might feel the surfaces getting hotter with time.
Since it can make you feel uncomfortable, Sleepycat has introduced an orthopaedic mattress with cool gel memory foam. This product comes with a medium-scale firmness, ranging between 5.5 to 6.5. Hence, it will help reduce your back pain and support the spine’s structure in the best possible manner.
At the top level, you will have the washable zipper cover, which encloses all the inner layers in a tight packet. At any time, you can open the zipper and take out the cover for washing. This will help you a lot in maintaining hygiene and cleanliness with ease.
- Also Read: How to Clean a Mattress
Next, you will find the memory foam layer having 1” thickness. It is reinforced with cooling gel which will absorb your body temperature and provide a cooling sensation. That’s why you can sleep with ease. There is a 1” Aeroflow transition foam layer under the memory foam to maintain the mattress’s ventilation.
- Also Read: How Much Thickness Mattress Should Be
To provide maximum support to the mattress and your body’s posture, there is a thick 4” layer of High-Density base foam. It is quite firm and hence, will provide the exact support you need. Also, the HD foam will help stabilise the mattress and reduce the sagging rate of the memory and the transition foam layer. In addition, there is a breezy inner cover that regulates the air circulation at the base of the mattress.
- To Read Full Review Of SleepyCat Mattress
- Has anti-skid layer for preventing slipping
- Air circulation is possible on both sides
- Has zero partner disturbance feature
- It cannot use it in a dual way
2. Sleepyhead Sense – 3 Zoned Orthopedic PCM Cooling Foam Mattress
Cooling gel is not that much efficient in helping you sleep comfortably throughout your lifetime. That’s why Sleepyhead has come with an excellent solution for this problem- the PCM feature. It’s a cooling liquid sprayed on top of the foam layer that will help keep you cool and prevent profuse sweating.
On the top, you will have a breathable fabric with a quilted design that will help you sleep on a comfortable surface. It’s quite soft and regulates the airflow so that you don’t have to suffer from excessive sweating or hotness.
Under this breathable fabric, you will find the PCM foam, where the liquid is sprayed evenly on the surface. Since the cooling technology is present close to the top surface, you will always feel the coldness of the surface which will ultimately help you sleep comfortably.
- Also Read: Best Cooling Mattress In India 2022
In addition, the foam mattress comes with a highly responsive layer capable of releasing pressure from main points that trigger back pain. Also, it will reduce the motion transfer, thanks to its high responsiveness.
Apart from this, the mattress has a base layer made from 3-zoned orthopaedic foam. It is divided into three parts which will target your body in different ways, depending on the requirement of your bones and muscles.
Also, different sized grooves are present in this foam layer which will maintain the air circulation in the best possible manner. In addition, the overall mattress has a firmness of 7.5, which will help maintain your body posture and provide proper support to your bones.
- To Read Full Sleepyhead Mattress Review
- It Will last for a longer time due to the high-density base layer
- Zippered cover for ensuring cleanliness and hygiene
- Active ventilation grooves in the zonal layer
- Has no active hypoallergenic feature
3. Flo Ergo Gel Memory Foam Soft Mattress
Flo has done a wonderful job by designing a cooling mattress that will help you sleep properly with no sweating or hot flushes and reduce the pain in both the muscles and bones. In this mattress, you will find a cashmere zippered cover on the top. It is reinforced with Aloe vera gel, which will help reduce the chances of getting allergies and other skin problems.
You will find a 100% cotton inner cover underneath this outer surface. Hence, when you open the zippered cover for washing, this cotton fabric will help protect the inner layers present in the product. With the help of the gel-infused cooling memory foam layer, you won’t have to deal with the hotbed surface and the absence of comfort.
The cooling gel material will help absorb the body heat so that you can sleep even when the room temperature is way above the normal range. Also, it plays another unique role by improving blood circulation and relieving the pressure from your trigger points, thanks to the memory foam layer.
There is a highly responsive foam at the base designed by the company itself to ensure that the above layers can get the stability and support they need to reduce sagging and depression. Also, this layer will provide maximum body support and maintain the spine’s posture.
- To Read Complete Review of Flo Mattress
- It can be reversed to sleep on a dual surface
- Has a skin-friendly outer layer for reducing allergies
- Long-lasting microgel cooling capsules in the memory foam
- Cooling is possible only on the medium-soft side
4. Dreamzee Vilasa™ Natural Latex Organic Mattress
If you want to sleep on a natural mattress that doesn’t pose the same risks as the ones made from synthetic materials, this will be the ideal product in the market. Dreamzee has ensured to launch a product that will meet the requirements of most sleepers without any compromise with the quality and performance.
Moreover, this product comes with a unique construction that you won’t find anywhere else. That’s why it is perfect for upgrading your existing mattress to a new one. Firstly, the top cover has a 100% organic fabric material that is soft and provides a high level of air circulation. That’s why the surfaces will remain cool and won’t disturb you much when you are in deep slumber.
Furthermore, the fabric’s organic nature will help prevent any skin allergy, like rashes, itching, and so on. The second layer consists of a 100% cotton fabric which is also organic and hasn’t been treated in the factories with chemicals. It also has a high number of air pockets which will help maintain the air circulation within the mattress.
Its core layer is formed from 100% natural and certified latex, the thickest section of the entire product. It will provide comfort to the sleepers and help reduce pain in your back muscles and effectively lull you into sleep.
This is one of the main reasons that make the mattress the best choice for back pain patients. This mattress will help you wake up without any soreness or stiffness in the body. It also has a temperature controlling technology that will keep the mattress cold during the summer season and warm in the winters.
- Has a high level of air circulation
- No chemicals have been used in processing the latex
- Organic covers both on the top surface and below the latex layer
- Lack of bounciness due to the only latex layer
5. Springtek Natural Latex Mattress
Nowadays, most mattresses are manufactured from synthetic foam and other materials. However, Springtek has launched its line of natural mattresses, of which the latex mattress is most sought-after in the market. It has a very simple construction, with the core layer being made from organic latex.
This particular raw material is obtained from the rubber trees, processed in the factories without any additive or chemical components. No synthetic polymer is used for hardening the latex and giving it a solid shape with a higher density. That’s why the mattress is best for those who would like to sleep on something derived from nature.
Since natural latex is used, it won’t cause any allergy, regardless of your skin type. This is because the enzymes present in the synthetic latex are absent in the natural and organic latex, which is why it is hypoallergenic. Even though it has only one material forming the entire mattress core, it will provide you with the same comfort and relaxation as other mattresses where multiple materials are there.
- Also Read: Natural Latex Vs Synthetic Latex
As the latex density in this mattress is about 85, it will help support your body weight in the best possible manner. Hence, you won’t have to deal with aching muscles, sharp and shooting pain in the bones, or stiffness in your body. Furthermore, if you are worried about having dust mites in the mattress, do not fret much as this product is resistant to the mites.
To Read Complete Review of Springtek Mattress
- Cotton zippered cover for maintaining air circulation
- Has a durable lifetime, thanks to the latex layer
- The average density of the latex for providing maximum back support
- Lacking the comfort that other latex mattresses provide
Since you are aware of the top five cooling mattresses, we hope you won’t have any problem choosing the right product. Furthermore, the guide we have explained above will also help you get your hands on the right product.
If you ask for our recommendation, we suggest the Sleepyhead Sense 3-zonal orthopaedic mattress since it contains the PCM cooling technology, which is way more effective than the cooling gel memory foam layers.
Our second choice will be the Flo Ergo cooling gel memory foam mattress, as it has aloe vera and microgel capsules.