Are you tired of working on your guesses about the best mattress fit?
Is your mind giving blank answers to which mattress should you choose?
If yes, then do not worry any further!
We understand the need to have the best mattresses in India. After all, it is only the best mattress that will fit within your requirement quota with no hassle. But the main problem comes when you see tons of options on the table.
So, to help you out, we have listed down the top 10 mattresses in India that have gained lots of appreciation. In addition, we have explained a complete buying guide for the mattress, based on the conditions sleepers usually consider. Hence, without wasting any further time, let’s get started!
- 10 Best Mattress In India 2022 From Top Brands
- 1. The Sleep Company SmartGRID Luxe Mattress
- 2. Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
- 3. Sleepyhead 3 Layered Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress
- 4. SleepX Rebonded Foam Dual Comfort Mattress
- 5. Wake-Up Pocket Spring Mattress
- 6. Duroflex Back Magic Mattress
- 7. SleepyCat Plus Orthopedic Mattress
- 8. Springtek Amaze Eco Foam Mattress
- 9. Flo Ergo Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- 10. Sleepwell Starlite Discover Foam Mattress
- Mattress Buying Guide India
- 1. How To Choose A Mattress In India?
- 2. Mattress Shopping Tips
- 3. How and When to Replace Your Mattress?
- 4. Consider Mattress Construction
- 5. Consider Mattress Performance Factors
- 6. Consider Mattress Policies
- 7. Things to Consider Before Buying Any Mattress
- 8. Things To Look While Choose Mattress Under Your Budget
- 9. Comparison Guide
- 10. Mattress Myths
- Best Mattress In India: FAQs
10 Best Mattress In India 2022 From Top Brands
1. The Sleep Company SmartGRID Luxe Mattress
If you are looking for a thick mattress for your king-sized bed, the SmartGRID Luxe mattress is the best fit. It’s manufactured by The Sleep Company, one of India’s best mattress companies. Also, as it comes with a 10-year long warranty period, you won’t have to worry about refunds and returns.
Judging the mattress on firmness level, it’s plush and soft. You can rate it as 4 to 5.5 on the firmness scale out of 10. That’s why the product is ideal for sleepers who wish to cuddle on the bed and sleep soundlessly. In addition, it has a foam construction, which has added bounciness to the product.
Each layer present in the mattress is meant for a different purpose. This type of structural arrangement has made the product ideal for relaxation and comfort. Starting with the top layer, you have the quilted cotton cover with high viscosity. It adds to the softness of the mattress along with making it breathable.
Next is the main layer of SmartGRID. It’s a patented technology that puts the right amount of pressure on different trigger points in your body. Finally, a thin layer for soft transition foam is added below the SmartGRID layer. Its main function is to add bounciness to the product.
The fourth layer is a high-density foam that acts as the support layer. It is what provides durability to the product. Lastly, a stretchable cover is present, which further enhances airflow and temperature regulation.
- No profuse sweating during sleep
- Cooler mattress surface temperature
- Varied firmness level as per the body shape
- No partner disturbance flow feature available
2. Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
- Trial period: 100 Nights
- Warranty: 10 Years
- Firmness: Medium
- Material: Mattress: Next-Gen Memory Foam, 7 Pressure Zone Foam, High Resilience Foam
- Sizes Available: Single, Diwan,Queen, King, Custom.
- MRP Price: ₹12,344
- Regular Price: ₹9,876
- Offer Price : ₹8,147 (For Queen Size from Wakefit store)
When it comes to orthopaedic mattresses for relieving back pain, the Wakefit Orthopedic Memory Foam mattress is the best fit. It will help in releasing the pressure from the back muscles surrounding the spine. Hence, you won’t have to worry about soreness the next morning.
Besides, the memory foam in the mattress will help in maintaining the S-shaped curvature of the spine. Suppose you are suffering from any previous spine injury, neurological pain, or chronic back disease. In that case, this product will help in alleviating the symptoms by ten folds. In addition, you will have three options for thickness- 5”, 6”, and 8”. Hence, you can choose the perfect product as per your body’s requirements.
Since the mattress is orthopaedic and built for reducing back pains, it is medium firm. You can rate the product as 5 or 6 on the firmness scale. It means you will feel the softness of the memory foam and get proper body support from the hard foam layer. The entire mattress is covered with a GSM knitted fabric of premium quality.
Moreover, you can remove the top cover for washing it frequently, thanks to the zipper. If we consider the layers, the first one is made from memory foam. It will bend in surface shape as per your body coming in contact with the bedding. A special 7-zonal pressure foam forms the middle layer.
- It can use both sides for sleeping
- The balanced bounciness of the mattress
- Helps in perfecting the spinal alignment
- No outer waterproof covering present
3. Sleepyhead 3 Layered Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress
Only a few mattresses are there in the Indian market that can suit 90% of sleepers body structures. Fortunately, we have found one- the Sleepyhead 3 layered ortho memory foam mattress. As it can support different body shapes and types in the right amount, you will get relief from back pain.
Yes, it wouldn’t happen instantly because your body needs to adapt to the foam layers. But over time, Sleepyhead mattress will help in reducing the pain, preventing soreness and alleviating chronic aches. In addition, the layers are arranged in a way where you will have the perfect bounciness. So it’s neither too bouncy nor too hard, which is ideal for back pains.
On the contrary to the presence of 3 layers, the mattress is lighter. As a result, there is no fear of sagging or depressions. At the top, there is a breathable fabric made from knitted material. It allows proper ventilation throughout the mattress surface, thereby keeping the surface cooler.
Check Out: Best Cooling Mattress In India 2022
Second, you have the comfort foam. It’s a soft foam layer that reduces the hardness and provides more poshness. The third layer has responsive memory foam. It will change its shape as per your body structure. This will help in maintaining the back posture while sleeping.
Lastly, you have the support layer made with high-density foam. It will balance the softness, providing medium-range firmness. In addition, the use of HR foam has also made the product stable.
- Comes with a washable outer fabric
- The right number of air pockets for proper ventilation
- Helps in reducing the stiffness from the lumbosacral region
- Chances of tears in the HR foam are high
4. SleepX Rebonded Foam Dual Comfort Mattress
It’s hard to get a mattress having a pure rebonded foam layer. Even though the rebonded foam is in high demand due to its advantages, not many brands use the material. That’s why we have included the SleepX rebonded foam comfort mattress. It has a pure rebonded foam layer which makes the mattress super bouncy.
Coming to the firmness rating, it’s slightly different from other products. Here, you will have two different firmness levels. The top surface is firmer and a bit hard for those having back pain. On the other hand, the lower face comes with grade 4 firmness which makes it softer.
Due to dual firmness, one can use the mattress as per the body requirement. Moreover, the 5” thickness makes it easier for reversing the product without damaging it. So, you won’t have to compromise with your partner regarding the feel of the mattress.
It comes with a special Neem Fresche technology for better hygiene and surface freshness. The technology makes the mattress hypoallergenic. So, you won’t have to deal with any sort of skin allergies, at least. In addition, all the inner layers are covered with an air mesh quilted fabric. It improves air circulation throughout the mattress.
The medium-soft foam layer helps in providing a plush feel to the sleepers. Also, it has a higher bounciness level for cuddling. On the contrary, the lower foam layer is hard. It comes with medium firmness for supporting your body posture.
Also Read: Sleepx Ortho Mattress Review
- Improved ventilation channels for the entire mattress
- Hypoallergenic outer quilted fabric
- It can use it on both faces
- No memory foam included intermediately
5. Wake-Up Pocket Spring Mattress
Often, we feel tired even after the regular 7 to 8 hours of sleep due to improper oxygen flow to the cells during sleep. If you want to get permanent relief from the constant tiredness, your current mattress needs an immediate replacement. And the Wake-Up pocket spring product is the ideal choice!
It comes with a special design spring layer. Each spring coil has its pocket. They respond to the incident pressure individually. For example, if you press down the mattress with your palm, the springs coming in contact will get compressed. It won’t relay the force to the surrounding coils like in the Bonnell Spring mattress.
The outer covering is made from quilted fabric with knitted cotton. It makes the mattress breathable.
Also, your skin won’t react adversely to the fabric, no matter how sensitive you are. A high resilience soft foam has been inserted right below the top cover. It adds bounciness and softness to the overall product.
Check Out: High Resilience Foam Vs Memory Foam
Several springs form the main core layer, with the only difference being that each coil has its pocket. In addition, a piece of felt fabric is inserted both at the top and below to reduce the direct effect of compressive forces on the springs.
Thanks to the felt, the product has become more durable and long-lasting. Also, the springs won’t lose their elasticity sooner as the felts will absorb most of the momentum.
- No disturbance due to movements
- Higher resistive force to the compression force
- Comes with developed edge support
- Noise can be a nuisance sometimes
6. Duroflex Back Magic Mattress
If you are looking for an eco-friendly mattress, the Duroflex Back Magic will be the best choice. It comes with a breathable PU foam quilt at the top, and coir forms the core layer. A total of eight layers is present in the mattress. And yet, its thickness is only 5”, which makes it highly usable.
Check Out: How Much Thickness Mattress Should Be?
Right below the PU foam quilt is the main ortho layer. Doctors recommend it, and after much research, the material has been included. It has five different pressure zones. These zones are capable of releasing the pressure from your body perfectly, making you feel highly energized.
The 3rd, 5th, and 7th layers are made from high-density coir. Here, the fibres are curled and tightly bound. It helps in keeping the mattress rigid and stable. In addition, the coir layers are eco-friendly and won’t cause any allergy.
HR foam is used at the fourth level and comes with an extra bouncy effect that helps in making you feel cosy. Besides, the addition of the rebonded foam at the sixth level also adds softness to the product.
Despite the coir being highly dense, they come with lots of air pockets. This improves the airflow within the mattress layers. As a result, the surface always remains cool despite sleeping on it for hours.
On the firmness meter, you can rate it as extra firm. This is why doctors recommend the product for patients suffering from a spine injury or nerve problem.
Check Out: Best Firm Mattress In India 2022
- Jacquard fabric is present for extra protection
- Always keeps the mattress cool with proper ventilation
- Highly durable, thanks to HR foam
- Can sag a little too early than expected
7. SleepyCat Plus Orthopedic Mattress
Even though most mattresses claim to have natural ventilation pockets, at some point, you will feel hot. That’s why SleepyCat has ensured to make their ortho mattress one of the best. In addition, they have included a special micro gel-based memory foam layer to keep the surface cool throughout the day.
The SleepyCat Plus orthopaedic mattress has quite an interesting construction. At the top, you have the zipped cover. You can open it any time to wash the fabric. This will keep the allergens and microbes away. Also, you can dust the inner layers and keep them odour-free by opening the top layer.
Right next to this is present the gel-based memory foam. Here, a microgel is inserted in between the empty pockets of the foam material. Hence, the liquid helps in keeping the surface cool.
Check Out: Memory Foam Vs Gel Memory Foam
Third, we have the high-density hard foam layer. It helps in keeping all the layers in place and add more firmness to the product. Also, it is the thickest layer that provides maximum support to the body.
At the base, you have an anti-skid layer. When you place the mattress on the bed, it won’t slip, even if no boundary is present in the furniture. Also, a breezy inner cover wraps all the layers. It maintains proper airflow that keeps the odour away from the mattress.
The depression will take your body’s shape to contact as the product has a memory foam layer. That’s why you must get the mattress if you want to maintain your spine’s alignment.
- The surface stays cool even during the daytime
- Medium level firmness for alleviating bone pain
- No noise will be produced during the twist and turn
- It can’t use dual faces
8. Springtek Amaze Eco Foam Mattress
Almost 55% of sleepers have high skin sensitivity. This is why they cannot buy any random mattress. It is because most mattresses come with foam or spring layers which aren’t eco-friendly. That’s why our list has the Springtek Amaze Eco foam mattress.
Not only the mattress is gentle and soothing for the skin, but it also maintains your health. This is because the top layer has an air mesh structure which allows easy air circulation across all the layers. In addition, the knitted fabric has anti-microbial properties. Hence, no bacteria, fungi, or mould can grow and breed on the upper surface of the mattress.
The second layer is made from high-density foam. Due to this layer, the mattress is on the medium firmness level. As a user, you can mark the product with Grade 5.5 on a firmness scale of 10. Besides, the high-density foam reduces the motion flow to a great extent.
Hence, you won’t feel when your partner is turning or twisting on the bed. Your sleep will remain undisturbed and peaceful. The main core layer of the product is eco-friendly foam. Due to multiple air pockets, ventilation is at its top. The proper air circulation keeps humidity and heats away from the inner layers.
Naturally, no microbe or mould can grow inside the mattress foam layers. Perhaps that’s why the mattress has a high level of durability and longevity. Besides, both the foam layers are so thick that no tear or crack will form.
- Comes with medium firmness
- Acts as both orthopaedic and comfort mattress
- No allergen can accumulate over or in between the layers
- The memory foam feature is absent from the mattress
9. Flo Ergo Gel Memory Foam Mattress
We have all heard about ergonomic furniture units. But, having an ergonomic mattress is unheard of. Well, at least until Flo Ergo Gel memory foam mattress came into existence. It is a bedding mattress constructed with the thought of providing the ultimate and optimal comfort and plushness.
At the top, the cover is made from a cashmere fabric. Cashmere is considered one of the premium quality fabrics, so its price is too high. Moreover, aloe vera gel has been influenced within the cover material. Aloe vera acts as an anti-microbial agent along with a coolant.
It will soothe your skin and prevent allergies regardless of how sensitive you are. Right below the zipped cashmere layer is a cotton fabric. The main purpose of including the inner cover is to help you wash the outer cashmere fabric. So, your mattress will always remain clean and look fresh.
To support the body weight, two different foam layers have been included. The High Resilience foam supports the body and maintains the sleepers’ posture. It also reduces back pain to a great extent. In addition, the HR foam is the primary source of bounciness.
Check Out: Top Sleeping Positions for Back Pain Relief
The other layer is made from a responsive foam layer. Along with supporting your weight, it also responses to your body posture. So, the moment your body comes in contact, the surface will form a depression as per the contact shape. The Flo responsive foam layer takes a long time to regain its structure. But, it allows the sleepers to have a comfortable slumber throughout the night.
- Regains flat structure 5 times slower
- Helps in reducing soreness from muscles
- Promotes a peaceful but deep slumber
- Absence of high-quality edge support
10. Sleepwell Starlite Discover Foam Mattress
Sometimes, memory foam mattresses aren’t good for your health. Even doctors also suggest trying other products not having the memory foam to reduce the discomfort. If you are looking for a different type of foam construction mattress, the Sleepwell Starlite Discover is the best fit.
Yes, indeed, it comes with a small height of 4”. But the inner construction is quite amazing in that it suits almost 90% of sleepers. First of all, you have a knitted fabric quilt at the top. Second, it has a mesh design. Thanks to the mesh pockets, air can circulate freely and maintain ventilation.
Next is the soft PU foam layer, which acts as a quilt. It adds a little bit of softness to the product. That’s why the firmness level can be rated as 5 to 6.5 based on the type of sleeper you are. Finally, the main core layer is made from hard foam.
This hard foam has a higher density and is also allergen-free. Hence, no microbes, mould, or fungi can grow in between the layers. As a result, the mattress’s durability will automatically increase ten folds.
No matter how tired you are, the mattress will lull you into a deep sleep. Then, the next morning, you will wake up with refreshment and higher energy levels. That’s because the hard PU foam will reduce soreness from your muscles and release tension from the trigger points.
- Well-defined and prominent edge support
- Anti-termite mattress construction
- Hypoallergenic foam materials included
- Softness level is pretty low
Mattress Buying Guide India
Mattresses are a crucial part of our bedding. Without having the best mattress, you cannot expect to sleep properly and peacefully. Furthermore, a wrong choice can make you feel sore and your back stiff like a rod. It can also affect your body posture and the spine’s alignment.
Hence, it’s imperative to choose the mattress that fits into your requirement list with near perfection. In the upcoming section, we have explained the details of the facts you should consider for mattress purchasing. After all, deciding in haste has never helped anyone, especially when it’s a mattress.
1. How To Choose A Mattress In India?
Step 1: First of all, measure your bed. Make sure the measurements are taken from the inner side where the mattress will fit in. You cannot use the dimensions, which include the outer edges also.
Step 2: Once you have the measurements, look for the products with the same dimensions or close to them. If possible, search for customized mattresses where you can alter the dimensions.
Step 3: Filter out the mattresses based on their types. The four main categories are king, queen, double, and single. Based on what bed type you have, you need to apply the filters.
Step 4: Next, you have to consider the material type. Some products are made with varied foam layers, while some have rubberized coir. In some mattresses, you will also find eco-friendly latex material. Spring mattress is another category that can be divided further- Bonnell and Pocket springs.
Step 5: Look for mattress special features in the mattress that you would like to enjoy. For example, if you have sensitive skin, look for hypoallergenic mattresses. If you do not want disturbances due to your partner’s movements, search for pocket spring mattresses.
Step 6: Do consider the mattress budget before you finally select the mattress. It should be affordable, but you should make no compromise with the quality. After all, the mattress will affect your sleep and health.
Step 7: Study the mattress firmness. Every mattress can be rated on a scale of 10 based on how firm it is. Soft mattresses usually have a firmness rating of 3 to 5, while the extra firm products have marks above 7 or 7.5.
Step 8: Check whether the mattress can regulate the surface temperature or not. In usual cases, mattresses have air pockets in between the layers, which allow air circulation. While in some special mattresses, liquid gel foam layers are introduced for regulating temperature.
2. Mattress Shopping Tips
- Make sure you are getting the right sized mattress, based on standard dimensions or the custom ones.
- Look for core materials that will be perfect for your health.
- Do not forget to ask about the firmness level.
- Check whether or not you can wash the top cover.
- Lastly, plan the type of mattress you need for yourself before making the final choice.
3. How and When to Replace Your Mattress?
- First, you need to check whether the mattress has sagged or not. If yes, it’s time to replace the product.
- In some cases, the mattress might give off a bad odour. The stench can be so bad that it makes you throw up instantly. If that’s the case with you, it means mould is growing in between the layers. And sleeping on such a mattress is not good for your health.
- If you feel sorer the next day with no indication of reduced back pain, your mattress might not be the correct one. So, get an ortho mattress or one with a higher firmness level.
- When the mattress is sagging gradually, it’s compressing the air pockets. Hence at the time of sleeping, you might sweat profusely without any reason. If you have encountered such a problem for several nights, replace the product asap.
- If your product life exceeds seven years, then it’s time to change it.
- If you get disturbed during your sleep, get more tossing and turning
- When your mattress has sagged.
- When you have an ortho problem
- When you feel to upgrade your mattress
The factors in choosing the mattress’s size are how many members sleep over the mattress, body weight and condition, comfortness, sleep position, and usage type.
- Cover: When the mattress construction is considered, the first layer is the cover. Following are the features you need to look for:
- Equipped with air mesh or numerous pores
- No reaction to sensitive skin
- Smooth and silky
- Anti-scratch and anti-dust
- Removable, if possible
- Comfort Layers: Comfort layers are mainly added to make the mattress feel softer. Be it the PU soft foam quilt or the gel-infused memory foam, and the layer must have proper thickness. If you buy a soft mattress, the comfort layers will be either multiple or thicker in height.
But in the firm or extra firm mattress, the comfort layers usually consist of one material. Also, it is the comfort layer where microgels are infused within the pores. The infusion helps in regulating the temperature of the mattress.
- Support Layer: For the support layers, you will have multiple materials used in the mattress. Below is a brief list you should know:
- High resilience foam
- PU hard foam with high density
- Rubberized coir material
- Densely curled coir
- Bonnell spring layer
- Pocketed spring layer
- Rebonded foam
The main purpose of the support layer is to reduce pain in the back. In addition, these materials are firm and can counteract your body’s weight. Hence, they play a major role in posture and alignment maintenance.
- Mattress Height And Weight: The overall mattress height is expressed in inches. It is measured from the top to the bottom layer. The most frequent thickness options available in the market are 4”, 5”, 6”, 7”, 8”, and 10”.
The thickness choice will depend on the total compressive weight of the sleepers. For example, let’s say you are choosing a 5” mattress. Usually, this height can handle a total weight of up to 80kg. But the combined bodyweight of you and your husband is more than 80kgs.
Under such cases, the mattress will start sagging much sooner than expected. Moreover, if we are talking about spring mattresses, the coils will lose their elasticity.
That’s why it is essential to choose the optimal thickness which will be ideal for you.
5. Consider Mattress Performance Factors
- Durability: When we consider the mattress’s performance, the first factor is durability. Whatever product you are buying should be durable and long-lasting. It shouldn’t sag under the constant compression forces from above. The edges must resist the weight and not bulge out. Also, no moulds should grow in between the inner layers of the mattress product.
- Motion Isolation: Motion isolation is an ability using which the mattress can prevent the flow of force/pressure to the surrounding areas. It means that if you suppress a part of the mattress with your palm, the force should compress only that part of the inner layers. The surrounding areas must not get compressed.
- Pressure Relief: Some mattresses come with a special 5-zonal or 7-zonal ortho layer. These zonal layers are meant to relieve pressure from your trigger points when your body comes in contact.
- Cooling Property: Air mesh, air pockets in between the layers, and cooling micro gel technology are the three main ways a mattress can keep its surface cool. The first two technologies- air mesh top fabric and air pockets between layers- maintain the ventilation but not 100% efficiency. But, the micro gen infused foam layers are ideal for maintaining the surface temperature.
- Edge Support: Edge support is said to be the resistive ability of the mattress to counterbalance the compressive forces incident from above. So if you don’t want the mattress to sag earlier than expected, get a product with higher edge support.
- Odour & Noise: Lastly, make sure that the mattress is not making any noise by turning and tossing around. Also, check the construction details to know whether there is any flaw that might lead to mould growth between the layers. If the latter is true, you should obliterate the mattress immediately, regardless of whether it’s topping the list based on other factors.
6. Consider Mattress Policies
- Shipping: Usually, most brands provide free shipping to any pin code within India. But sometimes, you will see after entering your pin code and you are shown a shipping fee. It only occurs when your city or area don’t have a distributor of the concerned brand.
- Trial period: A mattress’s trial period is defined as the total duration for which you can use the mattress for testing. After that, you can sleep on it to understand whether it’s perfect for you and other fellow sleepers or not. If you aren’t satisfied with the quality, firmness or performance, you can return it. Returning the mattress within the trial period will earn you a 100% refund. Failure to do so will bring the mattress under warranty policies.
- Returns: Returns can only be made when you receive:
- A defective mattress right out of the box
- The product is not matching with what you have ordered
You must check the return policies to know about the maximum period to return the product.
- Warranty: Warranty differs with the brands as well as the products from a particular brand. In addition, not every damage or defect is covered under the warranty policies. So, before you raise a complaint based on the mattress’s warranty, check whether the company policies back up the defect or not.
7. Things to Consider Before Buying Any Mattress
7.1. Types of Mattresses
- Inner Spring
The material used in innerspring is a steel coil support system. They are interconnected coils made of polyfoam and give extra durability. They are supported by a metal spring that gives comfort and firmness; these types are generally preferred by backside and tummy sleepers.
How much the coil numbers increase in the matters Urban ladder Dreamlite comforts provides comforts to the people. Titanium or steel, which relief pressure, wraps the coils. The bottom layer is made of wool which supports the coil. The lifespan of the mattress is 5-6 years.
The factor that is to be considered before buying innerspring are
- Coil type
- Coil gauge
- Coil count
- Memory Foam/Latex
It uses latex as one of its layers extracted from the sap of the rubber tree or polyfoam base layer. It’s organic that uses sap as the base and then mixed with other natural products and baked to get foam.
The natural latex form gives a comfortable sleep and supportive surface to sleep; it helps align your spine for better and rests your body. The average lifespan of this type of 8-9 years.
It has impressive conforming that gives relief from pain. This is more comfortable for the side sleeper.
The factor that is being considered before buying memory foam/latex mattresses
- Latex processing method
- Indentation load deflection
Viscoelastic is used by foam. It has a slow-moving property when it wraps around your better sleep and gives a very comfortable sleep. The polyfoam is at least used as one layer, and the other layers are formed of high-density polyfoam that gives better sleep.
The foam reduces the turning and rolling during sleep. It spreads the weight evenly, the relief from pain, and heals injuries. The average lifespan of these seven years.
The factor that is being considered before buying foam
- The type of foam used
- 2. Foam density
- 3. Indentation load deflection
As the name implies, it combines two or more support systems, the most used combination is foam with innerspring. These types have a higher conforming ability that gives more pressure and gives pain relief.
It is packed with memory foam, and pocketed coil support gives both bounciness and an unmistakable enveloping embrace. It uses pocketed coil technology that reduces body transfer.
The foam layer decreases the heat and provides pressure relief and comfortable sleep. The lifespan product is six years. The factor that is being considered before buying Hybrid mattresses
- The density of the mattresses
- Coil count
- Indentation load deflection
It is suitable for all types of sleep and gives a more comfortable sleep. They are made of a thin foam comfort layer, and the chambers are filled with air and padded with foam. You can adjust the firmness on each side for the comforts of the sleeper.
It reduces back pain since it adjusts the firmness according to size, shape, and weight. The lifespan material has eight years. ITrencht is suitable for all body types. It can vary the air pressure according to the comfortness.
The factor that is being considered before buying Hybrid mattresses
- Customization range
The material used in the gel is a synthetic material that provides comfortable sleep and is suitable for heavy sleepers. It helps to dissipate heat from the body and provides better air circulation and controlled temperature.
There are two types of gels. The one is thermally conducted, which keeps you cool by absorbing the body heat. The other is phase-changing material. It helps regulate the heat throughout your sleep.
The gels give extra density, which gives more comfortness and durability. The main disadvantage of gel is heat retention.
The important material in this water, the water-filled on the rectangle-shaped chamber with upholstery materials. Two types of chambers have been used in a water bed. One is free-flow, and the other is a waveless chamber.
The free flow has no restriction to flow in the bed, and it flows from one end to another. In the other waveless chamber, the chamber’s fiber restricts water flow, hence creating a wavy movement. You can choose either type that is suitable for you.
7. 2. Size
The main factor that needs to be decided is the size of the mattress. The market’s available sizes are single, double, queen, king, twin XL, and California King.
- California King – The size varies from 72*84 inches, suitable for the whole family along with pets
- King size – The size various from 72*72 to 78*78 inches, suitable for two adults and two children
- Queen – The size various from 72*60 to 78*66 inches, suitable for two adults and one child
- Double – The size various from 72*42 to 75*48 inches, suitable for medium size adults
- Single – The size varies from 72*30 to 75*36 inches, best suited for single cot users.
The 10 inches’ general height is varied from less than 5 inches to more than 15 inches. According to the body weight, the thickness varies. Lightweight people prefer shorter and while heavier people prefer thicker according to the comforts of the body.
The factors that decide firmness are the sleeper’s body weight and sleeper position. The people who sleep by their sides prefer softer, the people who sleep by their back or stomach prefer firm mattresses.
Also, lightweight people prefer soft while heavier people prefer a firm that avoids sinkage.
- Coir mattress: The important material used in coir is coconut coit, a natural extract and is eco-friendly. Durability and lifespan of the low, sagging occur after prolonged usage.
- Spring mattress: The springs and small coils are the main materials that are used in spring. They give zero partner disturbance, motion transfer, bounciness. The durability of the medium
- Foam mattress: polyfoam is used as the main material, which helps reduce back pain and reduces motion transfer. The durability is high.
- Memory foam mattress: These are made of an open-cell structure to reduce pressure and body pain. The durability is high, and it reduces the motion transfer.
- Latex mattress: The important material used to design latex is latex which is derived from the rubber tree; it is eco-friendly. The durability is medium.
- Rebonded mattress: it is made of a combination of different foam. They help to reduce your body pain and pressure points. The durability of the high.
- Airbed Mattress: The air is the main thing that is used in an airbed. They help to provide comforts, align according to the body shape. Best suited for bedridden people. Durability is medium.
- Reversible – you can use both sides according to your comfort. This helps to increase life.
- Zero partner disturbance: A good product provides a comfortable sleep that reduces partner disturbance when he turns around the mattress.
- Pillow top: This helps you provide additional cushion over the models and make it soft and give more comfort.
- Conforming ability: They should align with your spine. It helps to reduce the pressure points, and mostly the top layer decides the conforming ability.
7.6. Types of Sleeping Position
- Back sleepers – They require a medium-firm that reduces back and neck pain.
- Side sleepers – They require soft or medium-firm that reduces shoulder pain.
- Stomach sleepers – They require a firm to take care of their spine.
There are ideal for couples are memory foam and latex since they prefer bounciness and motion transfer, spring is suitable for children since all other contains chemicals and sagging effect.
Latex is mostly preferred for heavy persons since it must equally distribute the weight. For orthopaedic problems, foam, memory, and latex are suggested. Foam and memory foam are suggestable for pregnant women.
It the made of 2 main layers: the comfort layer and the support layer. The comfort layer helps you to keep comfortable and relaxed when you are on the mattress. The support layer helps to support the body completely.
Various materials decide durability and life. In coir, the support layer helps to provide even air circulation and helps you to feel free.
Bonnell spring helps to distribute your body weight evenly and reduces the motion transfer, and the pocket spring helps to reduce motion transfer, make you feel luxurious when you are on the mattress. The PU foam gives cushioning and is foldable.
The comfort layer in latex reduces the microorganisms and dust particles; the comfort layer in memory foam helps to retain body shape and maintains body position.
7.8. Other Things to Consider Before Buying Mattress
Things to Look While Choosing Mattress for back pain and neck pain sleepers
- The mattress needs to be firm or extra firm
- The hard foam layer needs to be the thickest
- Memory foam is preferred for the comfort layer
Things to Look While Choosing Mattress for hip pain sleepers
- The mattress must be medium-firm around the hop regions
- Zonal layers are ideal in case you want to relieve the pressure
- Memory foam is not suggested for alleviating hip pain
Things to Look While Choosing Mattress for Side Sleepers
- It should be compatible with the side sleeping position
- The mattress layers must support body weight
- Posture maintenance should be one of its features
Things to Look While Choosing Mattress For Heavy Weight Sleepers
- No flow of motion transfer should be there in the mattress
- The temperature must be under room temperature to avoid excessive sweating
- Must provide equal support to every part of the body
Things to Look While Choosing Mattress For Pregnant Ladies
- Firmness level must vary between 5 to 7
- It should support increasing weight from above
- Bounciness should be at its minimal level
Things to Look While Choosing Mattress For Older Adult Sleepers
- The mattress should be firm to reduce back pain
- The product must be able to maintain the proper spine alignment
- It should reduce stiffness from the joints
Things to Look While Choosing Mattress For Child
- Soft to medium-soft mattresses are best
- It should be hypoallergenic to avoid skin rashes and allergies
- The mattress shouldn’t make noise as children are light sleepers
Things to Look While Choosing Mattress For Couples
- No motion transfer feature must be present in the mattress
- Noise shouldn’t be there in case of your partner’s movement
- Both of you should have the same need for firmness
Things to Look While Choosing Mattress Size
- Custom sizing is better in case you have a custom-designed bed
- Check whether the mattress is suitable for your bed’s inner dimensions or not
- You can choose the mattresses according to the bed type- king, double, queen, and single
Things to Look While Choosing Mattress Firmness
- Check the support and comfort layers to know the source of firmness
- Usually, a mattress can be rated on a scale of 10 while judging the firmness
- To reduce back pain and muscle aches, a firmer mattress is required
Things to Look While Choosing Mattress Thickness
- The thickness must be appropriate with your bed’s size
- It should be enough to handle the total weight of all the sleepers
- Usually, the available thickness range available in the Indian market is from 4” to 10”.
Things to Look While Choosing Mattress By Types
- Mattresses can be classified based on the material- coir, latex, spring, foam.
- Latex and coir mattresses are eco-friendly and hypoallergenic.
- Spring mattresses are further sub-divided into two parts- Bonnell and Pocket.
Things to Look While Choosing Mattress By Brands
- Different brands come with different mattress collections made from varied materials.
- Some brands include patented technologies inside the mattress to make them unique.
- Usually, comfort and orthopaedic are the two main categories every mattress brand will have.
8. Things To Look While Choose Mattress Under Your Budget
- Mattress Price Under 3000
- Made from coir only
- Has a normal cotton or polyester cover
- 3” or 4” thickness
- Mattress Price Under 4000
- Thickness options for the mattress
- Size suitable for the bed type
- Whether or not the coir has additional foam protection
- Mattress Price Under 5000
- Brand popularity in the market
- Types of materials used for the construction
- Quality of the top cover
- Mattress Price Under 6000
- Type of foam used and it is quality
- Whether or not the top cover is hypoallergenic
- Thickness options of the mattress
- Mattress Price Under 10,000
- Availability of eco-friendly mattress
- Materials involved in constructing the ortho mattress
- Firmness level options for the mattresses chosen
- Mattress Price Under 15,000
- Whether you want a soft or hard mattress
- Must have no motion-transfer feature
- Must be able to regulate the temperature properly
- Mattress Price Under 20,000
- Type of mattress materials suitable for your health
- Quality of the build and the material layers
- Special features of the product
9. Comparison Guide
Foam Vs Latex Vs Coir Vs Spring Vs Hybrid
|Firmness||Soft to medium-firm||Soft to medium-firm||Medium to normal firm||Medium||Medium to extra|
|Back pain relief||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Motion transfer||Depends on the foam quality||No||Possible for rubberized dense coir||Possible for pocket springs||Yes|
|Air circulation||Can only happen if foam layers are not denser||Yes||Not possible for dense coir layer||Yes||Yes|
Soft Vs Hard Mattress
|Attributes||Soft mattress||Hard mattress|
|Firmness||3 to 5||5.5 to 8|
|Bounciness||High||Medium to Low|
10. Mattress Myths
- Often people think that mattresses last more than 15 years. However, it’s not true. Instead, a mattress has a warranty. And it will last perfectly based on how you are using it. The time might be four years or twenty years.
- Another myth that people believe in often is that mattresses are very costly. However, that’s not true. You can buy a product under INR 3000 or INR 5000 based on what you need.
- Mattresses cannot be returned once bought and delivered is a common belief. To be honest, it’s a completely insane thought. It’s because every company offers a trial period for you to test whether the product is perfect or not. You can return the mattress if it’s not suitable.
- Many think that mattresses need to be hard. But that’s not at all true. If you want to cuddle on the bed or sleep comfortably or dance and bounce around, you can buy a soft mattress.
- If you think flipping the mattress every two to three months will save it from sagging, you are wrong. Flipping or reversing the mattress is only possible if it can use it in both ways.
- People think that mattresses can handle any sleep position. However, that’s not at all true. If you like to sleep on your back, you need to choose a mattress different from the one specified for a side sleeper.
- “Mattresses will make you sweat profusely”! This is perhaps the most believed myth amongst the sleepers. In reality, mattresses nowadays come with self-cooling technologies. Hence, the surfaces remain cooler, and you won’t sweat mid-sleep.
Buying a mattress is truly one of the most difficult tasks. Not only you need to worry about the budget but also your health and comfort. That’s why we have discussed the top ten hand-picked mattresses having different features. In addition, we have explained everything you should know before purchasing the final product. Lastly, we have busted some mattress related myths which might have hindered you from keeping an open mind.