Are you suffering from bed sores but can’t find a proper solution?
If yes, then you need to look for the best pressure-relieving mattress. This type of bedding product will decrease pain caused due to immobilisation as well as the bed sores. Since not many people know this mattress type, we have explained everything you need to know.
Check Out: Mattress Buying Guide
- What is Pressure Relief Mattress?
- Why is it important to prevent and heal pressure sores?
- How does a Pressure Relief work in mattresses?
- Which type of mattress is great for pressure relief?
- Reasons to choose pressure relief mattress
- Construction of pressure relief mattress
- What to look at before buying a pressure relief mattress?
What is Pressure Relief Mattress?
The pressure relief technology describes the mattress’s numerous air pockets, which can be deflated and inflated as per the body requirements. Furthermore, these mattresses are amazing in preventing bed sores when bed ridden or cannot move a lot.
Why is it important to prevent and heal pressure sores?
Bed sores are not only infectious but also very much painful. Hence, you need to ensure that you are sleeping on a mattress that can effectively reduce the sores and maintain proper ventilation.
How does a Pressure Relief work in mattresses?
A pressure-relieving mattress provides a counterforce on your muscles and other body parts that are sore due to increased pressure and immobility. Also, these mattresses allow proper air circulation between the surface and your body to reduce the bed sores over time.
Which type of mattress is great for pressure relief?
There are several types of pressure mattresses:
- Gel mattresses will work amazingly in reducing pressure sores as well as providing you relief from the heat.
- Memory foam and HR foam are perfect for reducing the pressure from the knots. These mattresses can conform according to your body shape.
- Low air loss is a special kind of mattress that helps in reducing the sores in their skin.
- Air bladder alternating pressure mattresses consist of several airbags. If one bag is deflating, the adjacent one will inflate.
Reasons to choose pressure relief mattress
- A pressure-relieving mattress will help you reduce the pressure from the muscles and make them more active for the rest of the day.
- It will alleviate the soreness from your back muscles and prevent your suffering due to the aches.
- With the help of the pressure relief mattress, you can easily have a wonderful sleep at night without having to worry about dealing with the pain the next morning.
Construction of pressure relief mattress
A pressure relief mattress generally comprises materials that are amazing in reducing the pressure from the knotted muscles. Hence, the usual construction of such products is as follows:
- A top cover that is highly breathable so that it can maintain air circulation.
- A comfort layer that can release pressure from the muscles and provide the ultimate comfort during sleep.
- A support layer that will help in maintaining your sleep postures.
What to look at before buying a pressure relief mattress?
- First of all, you need to decide the mattress’s thickness. The chosen product should be thick enough to withstand the total weight of the sleepers from above. Hence, you can go with a higher thickness value but not the lower one.
- You also have to check the materials with which the pressure-relieving mattress is constructed. For example, when comparing memory foam and pocket spring layers, the former material will be better than the latter.
- The mattress should allow the sleepers to move freely on the bed but not at the cost of motion transfer throughout the surface. Hence, choosing a product with motion transfer isolation will be best.
- Another most important factor you need to consider is the special filling materials like a water layer or a gel-infused foam layer.
- For a pressure-relieving mattress, you should check the firmness value. Usually, such mattresses need to have a firmness range between 5 and 6.5. Hence, if you are going with a soft mattress, your body aches will increase. And if you choose a firmer or an extra firmer mattress, you won’t be able to wake up the next morning due to increased pain and stiffness in the bones.
In this article, we have described everything you need to know about a pressure relief mattress. However, when you buy this product, you have to make sure that quality is optimum and will fulfil your requirements.
So, go through what we have discussed above, at least once, to understand what needs to be done to get the best mattress from the market. Then, we can understand why you are hesitating. But unless you leap of faith, you wouldn’t know how beneficial this particular mattress category is for your health and lifestyle.