Sleeping on the stomach super comfortable choice for most of us. The body, especially the back, feels extremely relaxed when you sleep on the stomach. Not all mattresses are suitable for stomach sleepers; the best mattresses for stomach sleepers should have the perfect blend of memory foam and breathability. This article will discuss the Best Mattress for Stomach Sleepers in India.
- Top 7 Best Mattress For Stomach Sleepers India 2022
- 1. Wakefit Dual Comfort Mattress
- 2. Sleepyhead Flip – Dual Sided High-Density Foam Mattress
- 3. SleepX Ortho Mattress
- 4. SleepyCat Original Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress
- 5. Sleepwell Starlite Mega Extra Firm Bonded Foam Mattress
- 6. SleepX Brill PU Foam Mattress
- 7. Insleep Orthopedic Soft Memory Foam Mattress
- Buyers Guide: Best Mattress For Stomach Sleepers
- What is a Stomach Sleeper?
- What stomach sleepers should look for in the best mattress
- Benefits of Sleeping on Your Side
- Choosing the Best Mattress for Common Sleeping Position
- Other Considerations for Stomach Sleepers:
- 1. How much the mattress firmness should be:
- 2. Which type of mattress best for the side sleepers back pain:
Top 7 Best Mattress For Stomach Sleepers India 2022
|Queen||[72″x60″] [72″x66″][75″x60″] |
|King|| [72″x70″] [72″x72″][75″x70″][75″x72″]|
|Size||Price On WakeFit Store||Price On Amazon|
The mattress is important for good and restful sleep with maintaining the correct posture to avoid the backache problem. Are you searching for a budget-friendly mattress, then Wake fit Dual Comfort Mattress – Hard & Soft, Single Bed Size (72x30x6) is for you? The splendid feature of this mattress makes this product more choosable.
This mattress can be used on both sides. Generally, there are two types of sleepers. Some sleepers prefer firm support while some smooth. Here the grey side provides the firm support, and the white side is for the soft cloudy like comfort.
- Sleep comfort – It provides a restful sleep solution as the mattress can be used on both sides. It satisfies the needs of both types of sleepers. The grey side of the mattress provides firm support to the sleepers and white for the cloudy soft mattress for sleeping.
- Used cover material – These mattresses are made with premium quality material, high GSM, which means the top of the mattress will be thicker and fluffy for the restful sleep. The higher GSM means, the thicker because the filling is dense. And the use of spun polyester fabric, this all provide comfortable sleep.
- Mattress material – Use of soft and resilient form, the resilience foam is a polyurethane that uses high-quality chemicals that provide the foam more bounce and elasticity and increase the durability of the mattress. But these mattresses are quite expensive.
- Dimensions – The correct dimensions and the length of the mattress make it perfect for comfortable sleep. The material used, stitching, and density of the foam mentioned in the product are all correct. This all offers a restful sleep after a tiring schedule.
- good quality materials
- two-sided mattress
- comfortable sleep
- fixed covers
- Quite expensive
|Size||Price On Sleepyhead Store||Price On Amazon|
Another budget-friendly mattress is the Sleepyhead Flip mattresses. These mattresses also come up with a dual side that satisfies both the firm’s preferred sleeper and the soft cloudy type mattress.
The high density of the mattress allows the mattress to be more durable with having high elasticity. The person who prefers to use the bouncier mattress can enjoy this.
These mattresses don’t have any heating issues, unlike other mattresses. These come with fixed, non-removable covers, which acts as a protector for your mattress. And it helps to keep your mattress from dust mites.
- Durability – The high-density mattresses provide durability and good bounce to your mattress. The fixed mattress cover prevents the entering of dust mites into the mattress.
- No need for a protector – The fixed non-removable cover features keep the mattress protected, and it solves the issue of mattress wearing and tearing.
- Dual side foam mattress – The dual side means (grey and white) mattresses. The grey side of the mattress that is the firm one that provides maximum support to the body and improves the alignment of the joints and spine. And the other side is the white side the enables you to enjoy the cloudy like soft mattress.
- Gives correct alignment to the body
- Easy installation of the mattress
- Twin side of a mattress
- These mattresses are not-foldable
|Size||Price On SleepX Store||Price On Amazon Store|
|Queen||₹8,036(72″x60″x5″)||Price Not Available|
SleepX ortho is the best pick for every sleeper. The use of premium quality material enhances sleep quality, and the sleepers experience more comfortable sleep.
The extra features of this mattress include. The orthopedic memory foam feature helps the sleepers adjust to the shape of the spine easily, ensuring that your back is comfortable.
These mattresses are the best choice for the back sleepers. Without restful sleep, our body doesn’t feel fresh, and the whole day will be tired. For good sleep, a good quality mattress is required.
These mattresses help fight against dust mites, allergens, and microbial ingrowths as these mattresses come with one of its neem fresche technology.
- Orthopedic – The orthopedic mattress technology helps to support the joints and all over the body by maintaining the correct alignment/posture throughout the night. This main focus on the deformities of the spine and joints and helps to maintain the correct posture.
- Fight against germs – This mattress comes with the neem fresche technology, which protects the mattress from the dust mites, allergens, and microbial ingrowth. So, this increases the durability and helps to improve the hygiene and freshness of the mattresses.
- Air circulation – The use of air mesh fabric increases the air circulation of the mattress. The air mesh fabric is also known as sandwich fabric, which helps to provide elasticity to the mattress and prevents the mattress’s wearing and tearing.
- Good air circulation
- Mattresses have neem fresche technology
- Use of premium quality material
- Use of air mesh fabric
- These are not for the people who use a soft mattress
|Size||Price On SleepyCat Store||Price On Amazon|
Sleep mattresses are the best for providing restful sleep after a whole day hectic schedule. This mattress has orthopedic memory foam and is suitable for everyone.
The sleepy cat mattress is a 6-inch long orthopedic mattress in which the 1 inch of gel memory foam and the rest of the 5 inches of high-density foam helps to provide support to the spine and joints of the body during the sleep, and the use of zipped cover helps to easily removable for spot cleaning. This feature increases the hygiene of the mattress.
These mattresses don’t have any harmful chemicals. The closer look of the mattress includes:
anti-skid base, breezy inner cover, high-density foam, gel memory foam, and premium zipped cover use.
- The anti-skid base helps position the mattress to the right place and prevents the mattress from unnecessary shifting.
- The breezy inner cover, these inner netted cover, helps to maintain the foam and thus increases the durability and prevents the problem of the mattress’s wear and tear, and it improves the airflow throughout the mattresses.
- High-density foam
- The high-density foam provides enough strength and durability to the mattress and helps the sleepers to have a comfortable sleep experience throughout the night.
- Gel memory foam helps distribute your body weight evenly throughout the mattress and avoid the bulking on the one side and the mattress’s loosening on the other side. And it helps to reduce the amount of body temperature that is caused by the mattress foam.
- The ultra-premium outer cover is made up of high GSM (gram per square meter fabric). It is handcrafted, and the zipped cover enables the removal of covering during any spot cleaning.
- Easily washable covers – The smart zipped covers are easily removable for any spot cleaning, and these mattresses use ultra-premium cover, which is handcrafted and made up of high GSM. The knitted fabric adds more flexibility and durability to the mattress and allows a restful sleep experience.
- Orthopedic memory foam – This orthopedic memory foam feature supports the spine and joint alignment of the body during the sleep, and the therapeutic gel memory helps to distribute your body weight evenly throughout the mattress and helps to reduce the amount of body temperature which is caused by memory foam and keeps you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
- Non-toxic – These mattresses are made of non-toxic material and come with vacuum packed for maximum hygiene.
- Washable fabric
- Orthopedic memory foam
- Anti-skid base
- Some people suffer from back pain
|Size||Price On Sleepwell Store||Price On Amazon|
|Single||Product Not Available||Price Not Available|
|Double||Product Not Available||₹6,045(75″x48″x4″)|
|Queen||Product Not Available||₹7,550(72″x60″x4″)|
|King||Product Not Available||₹9,341(78″x72″x4″)|
These mattresses are made up of PAF and HD rebound mattress. The use of rebounded foam helps to absorb high sound and has high shock absorption properties; these are the combination of multiple foam density, which are rebounded under mechanical pressure into a new block of high-density rebounded material used into desired length and width.
These mattresses have soft PU foam that provides elasticity to the mattress, and the top knitted fabric keeps the mattress free from any wear and tear. To improve the airflow throughout the mattress, they used the air mesh fabric, which is also known as sandwich fabric.
The air mesh fabric is generally a netted fabric that helps improve mattress durability. These mattresses are comfortable, and this mattress is not too hard nor too soft. This is suitable for one who doesn’t have any health or mattress related issue.
- Air mesh fabric – The air mesh fabric also knows as sandwich fabric, provides mattress more elasticity. It also helps to avoid the wear and tear of the mattress, and hence it adds more durability to the mattress.
- Rebounded foam – The rebounded foam absorbs the sound and shock more efficiently.
- Use of air mesh fabric
- Soft PU foam
- Not for the soft mattress preferred sleepers
|Size||Price On SleepX Store||Price On Amazon|
|Single||Product Not Available||₹5,767(72″x36″x5″)|
|Queen||Product Not Available||₹10,243(78″x60″x5″)|
|King||Product Not Available||₹11,240(75″x72″x5″)|
This mattress is made up of a multi-layer to provide luxurious comfort. And these layers are knitted top fabric, PU foam, and the anti-skid fabric.
The PU foam, also is known as the polyurethane foam that adds softness and support to the spine. And keeps you restful throughout the night. It helps to have a comfortable sleep.
The use of anti-skid fabric allows the mattress to be positioned properly and avoid the mattress shifting.
This mattress gives a premium look because of the top knitted fabric.
The neem fresche technology provides better hygiene and fights against the dirt mites, and it also increases the durability of the mattress.
- Air mesh fabric – The air meshed fabric can be used on both sides of the mattress to improve the mattress’s airflow. These netted fabrics provide elasticity and durability to the mattress. And it also avoids the general wear and tear of the mattress.
- Anti-skid fabric – The anti-skid fabric maintains the position of fabric without letting them shifting unnecessary.
- PU foam – The Polyurethane increases the mattress elasticity and makes them softer and more comfortable for a restful sleep
- Use of neem fresche technology
- Premium quality fabric
- Extremely soft foam and not suitable for the firm sleepers
|Size||Price On INSLEEP Store||Price On Amazon|
|Double||Size Not Available||₹9,020(72″x48″x6″)|
|Queen||Size Not Available||₹11,000(72″x60″x6″)|
|King||Size Not Available||₹12,299(72″x72″x5″)|
These mattresses are made up of high GSM knitted fabrics that help the sleepers to have a comfortable and restful sleep. It properly ventilates the air throughout the mattress, and thus it helps to maintain the body temperature. These are pure high resilient bacteria-free foam bases. The closer view of the mattress which includes:
Anti-bacterial knitted fabric, open-cell memory foam,100% high resilient support foam, and the antibacterial knitted fabric layer again.
- Good support to your body – The contouring cushion helps to support the back, hips, and it relives pressure where it needs. The mattress evenly distributes your body weight throughout the mattress.
- Thickness – These mattresses are available in different thicknesses according to individual preferences. The thickness of the mattress is very important for good sleep and also to maintain the correct posture.
- Zero partner disturbance – Frequent turning or tossing on the bed cause bad sleep. But the in sleep Orthopedic Soft Memory Foam Mattress provides comfortable sleep without any disturbance.
- Comfortable sleep
- Orthopedic soft memory mattress
- The care instructions of the mattress are very complicated.
Buyers Guide: Best Mattress For Stomach Sleepers
What is a Stomach Sleeper?
A person who feels super comfortable sleeping on his stomach is known as the stomach sleeper; the entire night, they end up sleeping facedown and on their tummy. This is the best position to relax your arms and legs. The stomach sleeper rests their body and gives less pressure to the spinal cords.
Risks to Stomach Sleeping
The stomach sleeping position is a less preferred option when you look for a healthy sleeping position. Stomach sleepers are the unhealthiest person because the excessive pressure on the vital body organs can increase the risk of a strained neck, and the spinal cord also gets affected. In addition to it, the gravity pulls our body weight down, and the spine gets affected badly by this.
Other Sleeping Positions
Here is the most common sleeping position, which is comfortable and the healthiest choice.
Side Sleeping – It is the most common sleeping position where the individual prefers to sleep on their left or right side. The body remains relaxed throughout the night, and the pressure on the vital organ is also less.
Back Sleeping – This is a healthy sleeping position where the spill chord comes in contact with the sleeping surface, and your body feels relaxed.
Combination Sleeping – If you regularly toss and turn between back sleeping and side sleeping, you are a combinational sleeper. You can enjoy the best benefits of both the sleep position. You can avail of comfort and support while taking a nap.
Also Read: Best Mattress For Sleeping In India
Also Read: Best Mattress For Heavy People India
Also Read: Best Mattress For Side Sleepers India
What stomach sleepers should look for in the best mattress
Here are the factors in which each stomach sleeper should look into a mattress before making the final choice.
- Pressure Relief – When you sleep, it cleats a zone and due to the pressure created by the body. The stomach sleepers have their shoulders and hip regions contour on the surface. A wrong mattress can cause pain to stomach sleepers if the pressure points are not relieved properly.
- Pain Points – The biggest demerit of stomach sleeper is that the pressure points might affect the vital organs. If the sleep is not peaceful, it can affect the hip, back, and lungs. To avoid prolonged pain, it is best to use a normal firm mattress and relax your body while you nap.
- Contour – The stomach sleeper needs to look for a medium-firm mattress to contour the body well. If the contouring is not done properly, the sleep position can be disturbed, leading to pain in the shoulders and neck.
- Spine Alignment – While lying on the stomach, the spinal cord does not get much pressure. Due to the gravitational pull, the spine gets a natural “S,” and the wrong mattress can lead to spinal alignment dislocation.
- Firmness – The firmness of the mattress impacts the sleep pattern. For the stomach sleepers, the mattress should be medium soft and should also contour the body. If the contour is not done, it can lead to back, should, and neck ache even if you sleep on your stomach.
- Mattress Type – Every mattress is unique and has a special effect on your body contour. Many mattresses provide different firmness levels, and you can choose the best based on your body type and weight.
- Foam – The foam mattress hugs the body curve and relaxes the pressure point; it is an ideal choice for those who want motion isolation.
- Innerspring – This type of mattress provides robust edge support and also naturally cools your body while you sleep. The airflow is better, and the comfort level is high.
- Hybrid – It is the perfect blend of foam and innerspring mattress; you can experience relied pressure, and the coil supports body posture. But motion isolation is limited, and the noise is also high.
- Support – A good mattress should provide support tot neck, body, shoulder, and hip; hence a memory foam mattress is ideal for a supportive mattress for a stomach sleeper.
- Cooling Properties – Invest in the best mattress for stomach sleeper made using natural coil, level the use of chemicals, and the more comfortable sleep you will get. Opt for an eco-friendly medium-firm mattress t experience the best airflow while you sleep. You can choose from options like a plant-based foam mattress, gel memory mattress, infusions, and coils.
- Body Weight – The firmness of the mattress should be selected based on the weight of the body. Weight compresses the mattress; soft mattress can sag and breakdown. For the average build, a medium-firm mattress is best.
- Mattress Type – Based on the comfort factor, invest in the mattresses, which is not too firm and contours with the body. The memory foam mattresses are usually ideal for stomach sleepers. It contours with the body and relaxes the pressure point.
- Sleep Trials, Warranties, and Return Policies –
- While buying the mattress, make sure to consider important factors like the sleep trials, warranties, and return policies. Also, double-check for the details of matters manufacturers and testimonials of the customer.
- With a sleep trial, you can try out the matters at home for a fixed time duration. This will add value to your buying decision. Before making the final buy, check for the additional warranty of the mattress.
- Price – The biggest deciding factor before buying a mattress is the price. Make sure to invest in the best mattress for a stomach sleeper, which does not pinch a big hole in your pocket.
Benefits of Sleeping on Your Side
Sleeping on the back is the healthiest choice and is also called as the best sleeping position to stay healthy and relaxed during sleep.
Challenges as a Side Sleeper
Here are the challenges faced by side sleeper
- Pressure Points Cause Pain – The major disadvantage of the side sleeper is that the pressure is in the small area. The body is prone to experience discomfort if you are not careful with the sleeping position. The pressure point on the delicate part may lead to prolonged pain.
- Hip/Shoulder Pain – The shoulder and hip areas are the most affected when you sleep on the side; sleep on the side puts maximum pressure on the hip and can ruin your entire day due to excessive pain.
- Neck Pain – While sleeping on the side, the neck gets maximum pressure, and it can become stiff due to the last movement.
- Back Pain – Due to inappropriate side sleeping, back pain occurs. An extremely soft mattress can lead to lower back pain. Someone’s firm mattress can skin if the overall weight is more.
Side Sleeping Positions
Here is the most common sleeping position
- Fetal: The position resembles a baby; you curl up your knees till the chest and sleep like a small baby.
- Thinker: This position is similar to fetal, but you wrap your arm next to the legs and keep one hand under the chin area.
- Log: Under this position, you sleep on either side with your arm closed to the body.
- Yearned: Under this position, the arms are stretched out while you sleep.
- The Pillow Hugger: the initial hugs the pillow while sleeping on the side.
- Sprinter: this Sprinter position looks similar to that of the fetal position, but you keep on left bent and another straight.
- Tree: The infidel sleeps with side and stomach blended and lifts one leg towards the side. This is an unhealthy form of sleeping.
Choosing the Best Mattress for Common Sleeping Position
When it comes to side sleeping, it is loved by more people because it is super comfortable and relaxing. The side sleeping helps to improve the spine’s alignment or maintain the joints’ correct posture the entire night while you sleep. Using the wrong mattress can lead to a serious issue.
For heavier side sleeper individuals, it is advisable not to use the too-soft mattress; your body will end up sinking inside the mattress, so that you may prefer the use of the firm mattress or medium-firm mattress.
Selecting Your Firmness Level
The improper firmness may lead to restless sleep; hence it is important to check out the right firmness level. Else you may end of with spine or joint alignment issue. The firmness of a mattress is calculated based on a scale of 1 to 10.
The least value of the firmness scale is suitable for people with lesser weight and vice versa. These days, the selling of the mattress firmness range of 3 to 8 is increased in the market these days.
It is best for side sleepers to stick to the medium firmness; you are assured of getting comfortable sleep. These mattresses are neither too soft nor too firm for the body but super comfortable for your body.
Selecting Your Mattress Type
We have already discussed side sleeping and side sleeping, how much the firmness of the mattress range from, and how it should be chosen for a comfortable sleep. There are various types of mattress, and some of them are:
Latex mattresses are highly durable that helps sleepers to enjoy a comfortable sleep. This mattress comes with added elasticity that gives a good bounce to your mattress. In addition to it, these sturdy mattresses are eco-friendly as the natural latex is harvested from the rubber trees. If you prefer to go green, this is the ideal pick. It should have at least one layer of natural or synthetically processed latex that gives added elasticity to your mattress.
The foam mattress is popularly named as the memory foam mattress; it uses your body heat to soften and mold the mattress by taking body shape. You can experience the best comfort and durability with this mattress.
3. Hybrid mattress
The hybrid mattresses are the perfect blend of memory foam, latex, or gel or innerspring system. That provides comfortable sleep throughout the night. The sleepers can experience peaceful sleep and the firm or sturdy sleep.
The innerspring mattress makes use of a sturdy steel coil for the best kind of support. These are made using core, the foundation, and the best comfort layer:
- Core: The greater number of springs gives thicker coils, giving much-needed support to the bed.
- Foundation: This is the primary structure for the bed and supports the coils and the core. This is usually the bottom part of the mattress and made up of wool.
- Comfort layer: to make up a comfort layer, some sort of cushioning or filling must be used to make the innerspring mattress super comfortable for a relaxed sleep.
5. Air- bed
The adjustable mattress or air bed mattress allows the air chambers to be blown through the mattress that allows the sleepers to adjust and customize the air according to their preferences.
This can be controlled manually or through remotes controlled. Some air bed mattresses are loaded with dual-zone technology that allows both the sleepers to customize their sleep comfort.
Other Considerations for Stomach Sleepers:
Here are the additional pointers to be taken care of while finalizing the best mattress for the side sleeping.
1. Any allergy or health issue:
2.What type of temperature you prefer will sleep
3.Pressure relieving point
Match Your Pillows & Bedding:
While buying the pillow as a slide sleeper, ensure to invest in the pillow with the correct loft and height. The pillow should match the length of your shoulder and the gap of your neck. It is best to club it along with the mattress type; else, you may end up with neck pain and restless sleep the next morning.
1. How much the mattress firmness should be:
The mattress should be selected based on your comfort level. The mattress’s firmness is usually calculated based on 1 to 10. The firmness range will provide enough support to your spine and help maintain the correct posture throughout the night.
The firmness of the mattress can be selected according to the individual body weight. The lighter individuals invest in the soft mattress, or the higher individuals can go for a medium or firmer mattress.
2. Which type of mattress best for the side sleepers back pain:
For proper spine alignment and stick to the right body posture, the foam and hybrid mattress helps the side sleepers from relieving the back pain. The high-density foam supports your joins, and the combination of mattress in the hybrid mattress makes it perfect for chronic pain.
Types of pillows for side sleepers:
Side sleeping generates a gap between the neck and the head. So, the correct pillow must be used that can have a medium to soft loft, and the thickness must be enough to support the sleeper’s neck and head properly. Thicker pillows allow to properly fill the gap and helps to maintain the proper neck alignment.
The mattress mentioned above is the best choice if you want to enjoy peaceful sleep without affecting your sleeping style. These seven options are the best mattress in India, which fits in everyone’s budget. Indian brands are best when it comes to quality products and timely services.