Urban Ladder is India’s best mattress brands, known for its huge collection of interior decor and furnishing products. Starting from furniture elements to accessories, you will get a huge range of products to set your home’s interiors perfectly. One of the product categories that has drawn a lot of attention in recent years is the Urban Ladder mattress.
Are you curious to know why these mattresses have become so popular in the Indian market?
If yes, then you won’t have to look any further. The following Urban Ladder mattress review will shed light on their mattress collections, the materials used to construct the products, and the performance attributes.
So, without making any delay, let’s get started!
- 1. Pros And Cons Of Urban Ladder Mattresses
- 2. Urban Ladder Mattress Types
- 3. Firmness And Feel
- 4. Urban Ladder Mattress Pricing Table
- 5. Mattress Construction
- 6. Urban Ladder Mattress Performance
- 7. Urban Ladder Mattress Policies
- 8. Mattress Care Instructions
- 9. Who Should Buy An Urban Ladder Mattress, And Is That Worth It?
- 10. FAQs
1. Pros And Cons Of Urban Ladder Mattresses
- Mattresses have high durability, which increases their longevity
- Both coir and latex mattresses are available, which are eco-friendly
- A special temperature control feature is available in some of the mattresses
- No chance of customizing the size of the mattress
- Urban Ladder mattresses don’t have a trial period
2. Urban Ladder Mattress Types
Foam mattresses are made from general PU foam. They have a medium firmness level but don’t provide the same level of plushness and luxury compared to memory foam mattresses.
2.2.Memory Foam Mattress
The comfiest mattress you will find at Urban Ladder is the memory foam mattresses. Memory foam can change its surface shape as per the body contact of the sleeper. This helps in providing the proper amount of pressure on the trigger points distributed across your body.
Coir mattress is also made from natural material as the coir obtained is from the husk of a coconut. These are then processed and curled further to maintain the medium firmness level of the mattresses. It makes the mattresses hypoallergenic. Hence, you won’t have to suffer from allergies, skin rashes, and other problems.
In the latex mattress, the main core material used is latex which is obtained from natural sources. Hence, the hygiene of the products is maintained at the optimal level. You will get the Essential latex mattress where only one layer of the material is present. If you want to try a combination of materials, you can choose from other products where the latex layer is paired with coir, foam, or spring layers.
Another collection of mattresses you will find at Urban Ladder is that of spring material. Both Bonnel and Pocket spring products are present. The Bonnel springs are connected, while in the pocket spring mattresses, an individual packet surrounds each coil.
Orthopaedic mattresses are meant for people suffering from back pain related to bones. These mattresses are firmer to provide proper support when the sleeper is lying on the back. Also, these mattresses play a very important role in maintaining body posture.
3. Firmness And Feel
The mattresses have varying firmness on a scale of 1 to 10. The Theramedic collection is the firmest as they are made for people suffering from orthopaedic problems. They usually have firmness ranging between 6 to 8.5. Memory foam mattresses come with a lower degree of firmness, usually ranging between 4 and 6. The spring mattresses have firmness ranging at an intermediate level based on the upper layer of the products.
4. Urban Ladder Mattress Pricing Table
4.1 Foam Mattress
5. Mattress Construction
- Cover: You will find the mattresses covered with either knitted fabric or plain cotton fabric as per the product you are picking up for yourself.
- Comfort layers: In terms of the comfort layers, you will have memory foam and soft PU foam. Both these materials are extremely soft and cosy, which will lull you into a dreamy sleep the moment your body hits the bed.
- Support layers: The Urban Ladder mattresses are equipped with a hard foam layer to provide proper support to the back and other body parts. No matter what the main core material is, the hard foam forms the base. Felt is also added to the spring mattress so that the spring coils can’t penetrate the foam layer.
- Mattress height and weight: The Urban Ladder mattresses are heavyweight due to the presence of a hard foam layer at the base. Moreover, in the spring mattresses, the coils are made from stainless steel, which further adds to the weight of the products. Hence, if you want to change the direction, make sure you are doing it carefully. Uncareful handling can cause cracks and tears in the foam and coir layers.
As for the height, the thickness will vary from product to product. For example, the Theramedic memory foam mattress with temperature control has a height of 5” while the Cloud pocket spring mattress with HD foam has a thickness of 8”. Similarly, the Dreamlite Bonnel spring mattress comes with two options of thickness- 6” and 8”. But the Aer latex mattress has only one option available of 6”.
6. Urban Ladder Mattress Performance
|Temperature regulation||Available only for certain products|
|Motion transfer||No motion will be transferred due to partner’s movement|
|Edge support||Present in the multilayered mattresses|
|Durability||Come with high durability|
|Noise & odor||No noise will be made during turning and tossing and no smell will come out of the products|
- Temperature regulation: Urban Ladder has introduced a special class of mattresses with a temperature regulation feature. These products will help you keep your skin cool throughout the night so that your sleep isn’t disturbed due to excessive sweating. Another advantage of this temperature regulation feature is that the air ventilation is maintained well. Hence, proper convection air currents will flow throughout the mattress in between the layers, which will also help maintain hygiene.
- Motion transfer: One of the most amazing features of the Urban Ladder mattresses is that they come with a zero partner disturbance feature. It will prevent the compressive forces from getting relayed to other parts from the point of application of the force. Hence, even if the person sleeping beside you is moving around a lot, your sleep won’t get disturbed; well, not unless there is any physical contact between you two.
- Edge support: Edge support is not present in all the mattresses. Urban Ladder has included the feature in only those mattresses where multilayer construction is available. In all the spring mattresses and foam products, you will have a higher level of edge support. This reduces the depression of the products, which increase their longevity further.
- Durability: Urban Ladder has maintained its reputation of being one of India’s finest interior décor online shops when it comes to durability. The mattresses are highly durable, which is why they last longer times. Following factors account for the durability of the Urban Ladder mattresses:
- Multiple layers construction which prevents sagging easily
- Easy and breathable outer cover for proper air ventilation
- Air pockets in between the layers to prevent mould growth
- Higher resilience against compressive forces due to the sleepers’ weight
- Noise & Odour: One of the best things about the Urban Ladder mattress is that the products don’t make a single sound. Even if you buy the coir or the spring mattress, no noise will be produced when you toss or turn on the bed. If you jump on the mattress, the squeak sounds will come from the bed furniture and not the mattress.
As Urban Ladder mattresses have enough air pockets and free space between the layers, there is no chance of mould developing and spreading across the mattress. Hence, you won’t get a bad smell unless the mattress has sagged. However, sometimes, you might get a musky note from the outer cover. This is mainly due to a lack of cleaning, so you need to dust the surface frequently. You can even add naphthalene balls for keeping the silverfish away.
7. Urban Ladder Mattress Policies
- Shipping: Shipping is done throughout the country without any extra charges. However, at the time of placing an order, you need to enter the pin code to check whether the product is in stock for the area or not. It will show the availability information once you enter the pin code of the delivery address.
- Trial period: The Urban Ladder mattresses do not come with any trial period option. As a result, you won’t freely use the product and return it once you are not comfortable getting a 100% refund. That is why while buying the product, make sure you are choosing the best product to avoid any return hassles since they might not replace your product.
- Returns: They can do returns only under certain conditions for the mattresses. They are:
- If you are receiving a damaged product
- If the received product is not the same as the one you ordered
- If there is a manufacturing defect
- If the bad smell is coming out of a new mattress
The return request needs to be raised within 24 hours of delivery at the minimum. Once the request is processed, the mattress will be reviewed and assessed to check whether it is covered under warranty terms or not. If yes, you will get a refund or a replacement.
- Warranty: The warranty terms differ with different products. The minimal term for warranty set by Urban Ladder is about 4 years, and it can extend up to 10 years based on the product you have chosen. Before you buy the products, make sure you read everything about the warranty policies, including the defects and damages covered under the term.
According to Urban Ladder policies, if the mattresses have any manufacturing defect like loosened stitches, sagged new mattress, torn fabric in a new mattress, and others, you can benefit. It will cover such defects under the warranty terms.
But, if we consider the damage due to the wrong usage, Urban Ladder won’t be responsible for covering them under their warranty policies.
8. Mattress Care Instructions
9. Who Should Buy An Urban Ladder Mattress, And Is That Worth It?
Urban Ladder is one of the most popular platforms for buying home décor elements like furniture, beddings, décor items, and so on. That’s why investing your hard-earned money in their mattresses is worthy.
As for the mattress suitability to different sleepers, it will depend on what your requirements are. For example:
- If you are looking for a memory foam mattress, go with the Theramedic memory foam mattress, Theramedic coir and foam mattress, Cloud pocket spring memory foam mattress, and others.
- If you are looking for a single-layered mattress made from only one material, choose the Essential category like the Essential foam mattress, Essential coir mattress, and others.
- Some sleepers like to sleep on bouncy beds. For them, the pocket and Bonnell spring mattresses are the ideal choices.
- Orthopaedic mattresses belong to the Theramedic collection. These products come with different material constructions like coir, memory foam, normal foam, pocket Urban Ladder mattress springs, latex, etc.
- You will also get mattresses with special temperature control technology, which will help keep you cool throughout the night without causing sweat.
How long does an Urban Ladder mattress last?
The Urban Ladder mattresses are made from premium quality mattresses. Since each product has multiple layers, sagging or depression wouldn’t occur that fast. Also, you find the cracks and tears developing in the fabric or the inner layers. However, the longevity of mattresses depends on their usage. Suppose you are following the manual properly and handling the product with care. In that case, the Urban Ladder mattresses can last for ten years without any damage.
Do Urban Ladder mattresses offer a mattress for back pain?
Yes, Urban Ladder offers mattresses for back pain. You will have multiple products in terms of orthopaedic products like the Theramedic coir and foam mattress, the Aer latex memory foam mattress, Cloud pocket spring mattress with memory foam Eurotop, and others. As per your convenience, you have to select the ideal product. Just make sure that the firmness level is high since orthopaedic mattresses need to support your body weight, for which you need a firm surface to sleep on.
Do Urban Ladder mattresses offer custom size?
No, unfortunately, Urban Ladder doesn’t offer the option of customization for their mattresses. They have options for different options as per the type of mattress you are buying. Hence, you must be careful while choosing the proper mattress size.
Does a new Urban Ladder mattress smell bad?
No, usually, an Urban Ladder mattress wouldn’t smell when you are taking it out of the box just delivered. But if the mattress is smelling bad, you must immediately raise a return request. The pungent and bad odour usually comes when there is mould growth in between layers. However, if you are buying the coir mattress, it might smell like forest and wood. But that’s normal because coir is a natural material collected from the bark of an oak tree.