1. Similarities and differences: Wakefit Vs SleepyCat
- A 7-zonal support layer is present in both the Wakefit and Sleepycat mattresses. Thanks to this layer, the mattress surface can apply proper pressure on the trigger points to reduce stress and soreness.
- Latex and foam mattresses are the two main products from both these brands, which are ideal for those looking forward to cuddling in their bed.
- Mattresses are made with high-quality materials where the hygiene is maintained properly.
- SleepyCat has a special baby mattress that you can place in their cot. But the same can’t be said about the Wakefit mattress collection.
- In the case of the Wakefit mattress, the Dual Comfort and the Latex mattresses can be reversed. But SleepyCat mattresses cannot be used in either way.
- Bounciness is more in the case of the Wakefit mattresses as compared to the SleepyCat collections.
2. Firmness And Feel Differences
One of the main features of any mattress is its firmness level which defines whether it’s soft or not and by how much. We usually use a scale of ten to rate the mattress based on its firmness. Below we have categorized the mattresses based on how firm or soft they are.
- Dual Comfort mattress: One surface is softer with a firmness level of 4, while the opposite is firmer and can be rated as 5.5.
- Foam spring mattress: A softer mattress with a firmness rating of 4 to 5.
- Latex mattress: A little hard due to the presence of HR foam as the support layer with a firmness rating of 6.
- Ortho mattress: This is the firmest mattress as it needs to support the body posture in the best way. Hence, it comes with a firmness rating of 7 to 8.5.
Sleeping on the Wakefit mattresses will make you feel as if you are in heaven. The top layers are so comfortable and posh that They will lull you into sleep the moment your body will hit the bed. Moreover, as the mattresses are equipped with multiple air pockets, ventilation is maintained, keeping the surface cooler.
- Plus Mattress: It has a memory foam layer with enough thickness to impart a medium softness. Hence, it can be rated as 5 to 6 on the firmness scale.
- Original Mattress: This is an orthopaedic mattress firmer than all other products available under the SleepyCat brand flagship. It has a firmness rating of about 7 to 8.5.
- Latex mattress: Due to both latex and foam layers, the product has medium firmness with a rating of 6.
- Baby mattress: Babies are soft and delicate, and hence the mattress they will sleep on needs to be firmer. The SleepyCat baby mattress has a firmness rating of 5 to 7.
The top surface of all four mattresses is covered with a soft cover soothing against your skin. Hence, you won’t feel itchiness or discomfort while sleeping on the bed, thanks to the silky smoothness of the toy fabric layer.
3. Mattress Construction Differences
In Wakefit mattresses, the comfort layer is made from memory foam which will bend according to your body shape.
The 7-zonal foam layer is ideal for reducing the knots in the trigger points in your body. Hence, all four mattresses from Wakefit are ideal in alleviating soreness and stiffness from both the muscles and spine.
HR foam or High Resilience foam is mainly used as a support layer that adds stability to the mattresses and adds to the firmness level.
It is only in the Wakefit Latex mattress you will find the natural latex fibre, which is why the product is completely hygienic and ideal for your health.
In the SleepyCat mattresses, the memory foam is infused with a micro gel technology that makes it softer and cooler than the normal memory foam used in other mattresses.
In addition, high Resilience is present as the support layer since HR foams are mainly known for their high level of firmness that balances the bounciness of the memory foams.
In the Latex mattress, the material used is plant-based latex that maintains the hypoallergenic nature of the product, thereby proving to be helpful for your skin.
4. Wakefit Vs SleepyCat – Performance Differences
|Temperature regulation||Memory foam infused with gel technology||Ventilation due to air pockets|
|Motion Transfer||Cannot prevent||Can’t prevent|
|Durability||Less durable||Has high durability|
|Odor & Noise||No||No|
- Temperature regulation: In the case of the Wakefit mattress, the temperature is regulated naturally with the help of the air pockets present in between the layers. As for the SleepyCat mattresses, the memory foam top layer is infused with a special microgel technology that will automatically keep the surfaces cooler compared to the room temperature.
- Motion transfer: Preventing the motion transfer is impossible for both the SleepyCat and Wakefit mattresses because neither the brands have pocket spring layers nor their products come with the Zero Partner Disturbance technology.
- Edge support: Edge support is absent from the SleepyCat products. Hence, there is a chance that under heavy or excess pressure on the top surface, the mattresses might sag a bit over time. On the other hand, Wakefit mattresses come with proper edge support, which will resist the compressive forces incident on the surface.
- Durability: Wakefit mattresses are more durable as compared with the SleepyCat products. This is because, in all the Wakefit mattresses, you will have the HR foam layer as the support mattress. In addition, the memory foam layer is thicker than the SleepyCat products.
- Odour & Noise: First of all, it will generate no odour from both the Wakefit and SleepyCat mattresses since the materials with which the mattresses are manufactured are of high quality. Also, as it will maintain the air circulation, no microorganism can grow in between, resulting in a bad smell.
Spring layers are absent in the mattresses from both the concerned brands. As a result, no noise will be made when turning or twisting on the bed.
5. Mattress Policies
- Shipping: Shipping charges won’t be applied once you purchase the mattress from either Wakefit or SleepyCat.
- Trial period: Wakefit provides a 100-day trial period, while SleepyCat mattress comes with a 30-day trial period. Return the product within the trial period. You will get a 100% refund, no matter what the warranty policies say.
- Returns: You can return the mattress in case there is damage or defect in the product. However, considering the refunds, both companies have special policies for this particular matter. If the damage or the defect is not covered under the warranty period, you won’t get a 100% refund.
- Warranty: All the Wakefit mattresses come with a 10-years of Manufacturer’s warranty other than the Dual Comfort mattress, which has a 7-years warranty period. In addition, all four mattresses from the SleepyCat brand come with a 10-years warranty.
6. Wakefit Vs SleepyCat – Which Is Better?
It can’t be clearly said which particular brand is better since both have amazing features and certain flaws. For example, you can customize the Wakefit mattress, but it’s impossible for the SleepyCat products. On the other hand, SleepyCat manufactures its mattresses with a special cooling memory foam that isn’t present in the Wakefit mattress.
7. Who Should Buy Wakefit? Who Should Buy SleepyCat?
If you are looking for a memory foam mattress with special cooling technology, the SleepyCat is the best brand. Also, if you are seeking the perfect mattress for your baby cot, you can take a look at the SleepyCat Baby Mattress. As for the Wakefit mattresses, these products are ideal for those who want a 7-zonal pressure distribution layer present in their bedding.
How long does a SleepyCat mattress last?
It can’t be said for sure about the longevity of the SleepyCat mattresses. But yes, if you are using the products incorrectly, like rolling or folding them, the product isn’t going to last for long. Also, as the mattresses don’t come with waterproof inner layer materials, you need to dry the bed as soon as the water gets spilt. If the inner layers remain drenched with liquid for too long, the durability will be affected.
Do SleepyCat mattresses offer custom sizes?
Unfortunately, SleepyCat doesn’t provide the opportunity to order a mattress with a custom size as per your bed’s shape and size. You will have to stick with the sizing option available on their official website.
Do SleepCat mattresses offer a mattress for back pain?
Yes, in the SleepyCat mattress collection, you will find an orthopaedic mattress built only for those who want to reduce their back pain, maintain the spine’s shape and posture, and alleviate the muscles’ strains. In addition, it comes with a firmness level of 7 to 8.5, and hence, you won’t have to worry about dealing with more stiffness the next morning.
What is the difference between an Orthopedic memory foam mattress and a Dual Comfort mattress?
In the Dual Comfort mattress from Wakefit, you will have a 7-zonal pressure foam as the comfort layer and an HR foam support layer. The top surface is softer while the opposite one is firmer, so It can use it either way. On the other hand, the Orthopedic foam mattress has three layers made from memory foam, 7-zonal pressure foam, and HR foam. It can’t be reversed, and hence, make sure you are placing the product correctly on the bed.
Why are Wakefit’s mattresses affordable?
Wakefit has made sure to make its products affordable so that everyone can buy their products. However, even though the products are cheaper than other brands, no compromise has been made on the company’s part regarding the quality and health of the mattresses.
Does a new Wakefit mattress smell bad?
No, a new Wakefit mattress will never smell bad. The mattresses are made from foam layers, mainly with a lot of air pockets in between. This will ensure that the ventilation is maintained, thereby reducing the chances of bad smell coming from the product. However, if your newly bought Wakefit mattress gives off a bad odour, you can request a return. 9432250996