Boston mattress has been supplying mattresses and catering to different kinds of sleepers for over four decades now. The company is of high repute, which portrays the high quality of their mattresses. As a result, they don’t have a limited product collection for general sleepers. Rather, Boston has made sure to manufacture products that can meet different requirements of varied sleepers.
They have given options to choose from the hard or soft mattress as per your convenience. You can also choose between varying thicknesses. In addition, a customization option is available for the Boston mattresses, which is a wonderful feature. So, if you are interested in learning more, we have presented a well-explained Boston mattress review.
It will explain the mattress types, firmness levels, construction materials, types, performance attributes, etc.
1. Pros And Cons Of Boston Mattress
- Multiple options for thickness are available, starting with 4” to 10”.
- The mattresses are covered with knitted fabric for better hygiene, air circulation, and ventilation.
- Zero partner disturbance technology is included in most mattresses from Boston.
- Boston offers no trial period for the mattresses.
- The return request needs to be raised only within 24 hours from the date of delivery.
- The warranty period is counted from the invoice date and not from the delivery date.
2. Boston Mattress Types
- Bonnell spring mattress: One of the most common mattress types from Boston is the Bonnell spring type. These springs are made from high tensile stainless steel coil. On either side, you will have high cushion padded foam, an insulator, and a shock-absorbing felt for preventing the springs come in contact with the upholstery.
- Pocket spring mattress: The pocket springs are enclosed in individual pockets. Hence, they are compressed separately according to the amount of compression force incident on the surface. Furthermore, since the springs aren’t connected, the depressive and reshaping action of the springs isn’t relayed to the surrounding areas. Hence, no motion transfer is possible in the pocket spring mattresses.
- Natural latex mattress: Boston mattress made from latex is hypoallergenic. Therefore, the products won’t cause any skin irritation. Also, latex is softer since it is derived from natural sources. Hence, you might get a musky scent of forest which is irresistible and soothing.
- Memory foam mattress: Memory foam mattresses are the epitome of plushness and cosiness. The memory foam layer can mold according to the body structure coming in contact with the bed’s surface. This will help in alleviating pain from your bones, joints, and also muscles. Moreover, sleeping on memory foam mattresses means having the most comfortable sleep of your life.
- HR foam mattress: The HR foam mattress is perfect for those who like to sleep on hard surfaces. The HR foam has a high level of firmness with reduced bounciness. It will help in maintaining the S-shape of the spine. Moreover, it is perfect for both back sleepers and side sleepers.
- Orthopaedic mattress: The orthopaedic mattresses are made mainly from hard foam layers to support body weight and maintain body posture. The orthopaedic latex mattress is a bit softer and also eco-friendly. Due to the presence of latex, you won’t have to worry about skin allergies. Another ortho mattress is from the classis series and is made from a pocket spring layer.
3. Firmness And Feel
The Boston mattresses have a different level of firmness based on the construction layers. With so many products, you need to be careful about choosing the right firmness for you. For example, the Dual Comfort mattresses have one face firmer while the opposite one is softer. It is mainly for those sleepers who like to enjoy both the cuddliness of the mattress and alleviate their back pain at the same time.
Spring mattresses, both pocket and Bonnell, have medium-level firmness. It will help in releasing the pressure from the trigger points, helping your bones and muscles relax. As for the HR foam, the firmness level is high. The same can be considered for orthopaedic mattresses constructed to maintain body posture and support joints.
The memory foam, PU foam, and bouncy foam layers have soft to medium firmness levels. They are mainly introduced to add comfort and poshness to the Boston mattresses.
4. Mattress Construction
- Cover: The cover of the Boston mattress is made from knitted fabric. It allows proper ventilation of air which further helps in temperature regulation and hygiene maintenance.
- Material: The primary materials used by Boston for constructing their different mattress products are:
- Pocketed springs
- Bonnel springs
- Memory foam
- Natural latex
- Rebonded foam
- PU foam
- Shock-absorbing foam
- Viscous foam layer
- HR foam
- Cushion padding insulator
- Thick padded felt material
- Comfort layers: Memory foam acts as the main comfort layer in the Boston mattresses. It can mould according to your body shape, thereby providing the maximum level of cosiness. The material also helps in relaxation by reducing the tensed knots in your muscles.
- Support layers: The mattresses have different support layers based on the type of product you are choosing. These layers have multiple functions like:
- Providing back support to your spine
- Handling the weight of the sleepers and preventing sagging
- Absorbing shocks and jerks
- Preventing springs from destroying the upholsteries
- Providing a hard base for the mattress
- Acts as the main source of firmness
- Mattress height and weight: Boston mattresses are heavyweight due to the presence of multiple layers in construction. This is why you need to handle them carefully so that no crack or tear can form in the inner layers. As for the height, different products come with different thickness options.
- Boston Classis memory foam mattress has thickness options of 6”, 8”, and 10”.
- Boston Hotel Comfort HR foam mattress is available with 4” thickness.
- Boston Organic Pocket Spring mattress has thickness options of 6” and 8”.
5. Mattress Size And Demensions
6. Boston Mattress Performances
|Temperature Regulation||Possible due to mesh layers, air pockets, and light outer cover|
|Motion Transfer||Motion won’t get transferred to other parts of the mattresses|
|Edge support||Varies from medium to high level depending on the inner layers|
|Durability||Mattresses are highly durable with better longevity|
|Noise & odour||No noise will come out of the mattresses along with the smell|
- Temperature regulation: No patented technology is present in the products for regulating the temperature. However, the mattresses can regulate the temperature due to different construction layers like plastic mesh, and air pocketed spring coils, meshed foam layers, and natural latex. These materials help in controlling the surface temperature and keep it cool throughout the year.
- Motion transfer: Usually, motion transfer is blocked in the pocket spring mattresses. Since these have the main core layer made from individual spring coils enclosed within separate pockets, the pressure exerted on the springs won’t be relayed to the surrounding areas. But Boston has ensured optimal performance of their products. That’s why even the foam and latex mattresses come with a no-partner disturbance feature. Here, the pressure exerted won’t spread over to other parts radially. Hence, you won’t be woken up due to your partner’s constant movement.
- Edge support: The edge support in the mattresses is well-defined. Along the four edges, special construction is present to reduce sagging and depression. For example, in the Boston mattress Classis Bonnell Spring, M-shaped coils are present along the edges to absorb the shock and maintain the thickness.
- Durability: One of the best things about the Boston mattresses is their high durability. Multiple layers are used for the construction of every product. It makes the mattresses resilient and strong enough to withstand the weight of the sleepers. Also, to maintain the durability and increase the lifetime, you can turn the mattresses to distribute the weight across the surface. Thus, it will equalize the sagging of the layers, thereby improving the mattress longevity.
- Noise & Odour: Usually, no mattress makes noise unless it is made from a spring layer only. However, all the Boston mattress made from Bonnell springs are protected with shock-absorbing felt on both sides. Hence, no noise will be made, no matter how much you or your partner moves on the bed.
As for odour, Boston has used airy pocket construction methods. It means that one of the layers will have meshed or air pocket structure. It improves air circulation, which further prevents any bad smell from coming out of the mattresses.
7. Boston Mattress Policies
- Shipping: Shipping is free in all parts of India. Once you place the order, delivery will be done within 1 to 3 weeks based on the distance of the delivery point from the manufacturing warehouse.
- Trial period: Boston offers no trial period for their mattresses, no matter what series you are choosing. Hence, you have to be very sure about the choice you are making. This is because if you chose the wrong product, it might not get replaced, or worse, you might not be given a refund.
- Returns: If you receive a defective, damaged, or mismatched product, you can contact customer service. The maximum time for contact the customer care for return is 24 hours from receiving the product. Once the complaint is assessed, free replacement of the same product will be done within 2 to 3 weeks. However, customized mattresses aren’t applicable for refunds and returns.
- Warranty: All the three series- Classic, Hotel Comfort, and Organic- come with 5 years of warranty. However, it’s limited, which means you cannot extend it further. Warranty policies are applicable for any manufacturing defect like opened edge support, pointed springs, cracks on the upper face and others. If the product is damaged due to improper usage, it won’t be covered under warranty. Luckily, Boston provides a warranty against the sagging of the mattress layers on some terms and conditions. Also, suppose the mattress thickness depresses more than 20%. In that case, the company won’t take the responsibility to repair the damage or replace the product.
9. Who Should Buy A Boston Mattress, And Is That Worth It?
After reviewing all the products and their performances, we have recommendations on who can buy the Boston mattresses.
- If you are suffering from back pain for a long time now, get the orthopaedic mattress. You will have two options: Boston Classis Dual Comfort orthopaedic mattress and Boston Organic Natural Latex orthopaedic mattress.
- Suppose you want to have an all-organic mattress. In that case, Boston is giving you five different product options, made from high-quality latex like the Boston Organic Natural Latex mattress and the Boston Organic Bonnel Spring mattress.
- Some people are very light sleepers. And hence, the slightest movement of the mattress can wake them up. For them, Boston has introduced several pocket spring mattresses. You will have several options starting with the Boston Hotel Comfort pocket spring mattress to the Boston Classic pocket spring mattress.
- If you want an extra firm mattress, go with the Boston HR foam mattress or the Boston Classis Bounce Back foam mattress.
- For the first time, Boston has come up with a latex mattress for baby cribs and cots. It’s hypoallergenic and super soft for your baby’s delicate body and smooth skin.
How long should a Boston mattress last?
Now, the Boston mattresses are durable enough to last for more than five years. However, if you follow all the manufacturer’s instructions, the products could last for even more time. It completely depends on how you are using it. So, do follow the instructions if you want the mattress to become a fruitful investment.
Are Boston mattresses worth the money?
Yes, indeed, the Boston mattresses are worth the money. First of all, they offer free shipping, which means no added money. Second, they have a variety of mattress stocks, starting from natural latex to orthopaedic. Finally, they also offer customized options for those looking for mattresses of different size. Finally, if you are confused about the product choice, you can help from their “Sleep Scientist” experts. So, all in all, you wouldn’t regret spending the money after buying the Boston mattress.
Do Boston mattresses offer a mattress for back pain?
Usually, all mattresses are constructed for alleviating back pain. But, the Boston mattress orthopaedic mattress is solely made for people suffering chronic backbone issues. The product is also suitable for those suffering from a recent back injury. On the other hand, if you suffer from back pain due to sitting for long hours, the pocket spring Boston mattress is ideal. It comes with a feature that can apply a perfect amount of pressure on the trigger points. Such action further reduces the everyday backaches.
Do Boston mattresses offer custom size?
Yes, luckily, you can order a customized Boston mattress. For this, you need to take your bed’s measurements first. If you don’t know how to take the measurements, you can refer to several tutorials present online. It would help if you took both the length and breadth measurements. After this:
1. Select the custom size option at the time of ordering.
2. Enter the required size.
3. Don’t forget to choose a proper thickness.
Usually, the larger the bed, the more should be the mattress thickness.
Does a new Boston mattress smell bad?
Suppose you are worried about getting an unpleasant odour from using a new Boston mattress. In that case, there is nothing to fret over. The new mattress is freshly manufactured. Therefore, no bacteria or mould will be present in between the inner layers. In addition, the top cover is installed newly, which means it would never smell bad.