Do you know anything about Polyurethane (PU) Foam?
Have you any idea about its durability, features, and comfort level?
If not, then there is nothing to worry about! Here, we will offer you a basic idea about PU foam to get the best product in the market. In this article, we will shed light on different features of polyurethane (PU) foam so that you can decide whether it is perfect for you or not.
1. What is PU Foam?
Polyurethane Foam is one of the famous mattress materials due to its excess softness, plush feel, and higher durability. It is made from crude oil after processing the raw material in the factories. PU foam is the softest material you can find in the mattress compared to other foam types like memory foam or HR foam. This is why in many products, the top layer is made from this material such that sleepers can enjoy the plushness with ease.
2. Benefits Of PU Foam
- PU foam has a high durability rate, which is why their mattresses can last for a long time.
- It is extremely soft and will help you in sleeping and cuddling with the bed.
- It also has a higher breathability rate which allows proper air circulation through the foam material.
- PU foam can be combined with other items like aloe vera, cooling gel, and others for making the mattresses more beneficial.
- Lastly, the PU foams are cheap as compared to other materials.
3. Disadvantages Of PU Foam
- One of the biggest disadvantages of PU foam is that it won’t help you with your back pain, like aching spine bone or the muscles.
- Unlike memory foam, the PU material cannot apply pressure on the trigger points to reduce the muscles knots.
- As PU foam is a synthetic material, it can cause allergies to your skin if you have too much sensitive skin.
- Since it is made from crude oil, improper curation of the material can release a bad odour that is not good for your respiratory system.
- Also, PU foam needs an additional support layer because it has a higher sagging rate.
4. How To Decide Whether You Need A PU Foam Mattress Or Not?
- Durability– This product is widely used in many mattresses. However, the durability of the PU foam depends on the manufacturing process, which is why most mattress manufacturers ensure to use high-quality PU material. However, it has a high sagging rate as compared to other foam types.
- Motion Isolation– PU foam cannot eliminate motions made by another sleeper sleeping beside you. For example, if your partner is twisting and turning a lot, you will feel the movements that might disturb your sleep.
- Support– Polyurethane foam acts as a comfort layer due to its low value of firmness which ranges from 3 to 4.5. Since it is quite soft, an additional support layer is needed for ensuring that the mattress does not suffer from early sagging.
- Pain Pressure Relief– The PU Foam is very soft. So, when you sleep on a mattress having this material, you will feel the plushness. But it doesn’t offer adequate relief from pain in different areas of your body, especially the backaches, knotted muscles, and soreness in the joints.
- Conforming– PU foam has an almost negligible conforming rate, which is why the material cannot change its shape according to your body structure, be it due to the application of pressure or body heat.
- Temperature Neutrality– It offers a high amount of temperature neutrality. PU foam has a high breathable rate which maintains the ventilation through the foam layer. In addition, it also ensures that the internal temperature of the mattresses can get distributed evenly but without increasing the surface temperature.
- Movement– The PU Foam material is made from polymers, but it has less density; that’s why the stability of the material is very low. This is why in most mattresses, the PU foam is supported by other hard layers so that the mattress can become more stable.
The above article has provided you with the essential information you need to know for deciding whether you should choose a PU foam mattress or not. If you are looking for something that will allow you to snuggle on the mattress, the PU foam is the best material that you can choose.
Is the PU Foam is good for Human Body?
PU foam layer is good for providing comfort and cosiness to the sleepers. However, if you consider it to support your body or reduce the backaches, you will be disappointed.
Is the Foam Healthy?
Yes, PU is healthy for your body as long as it is covered with a breathable fabric to maintain ventilation and prevent the surface temperature from rising.
What are the Effects of the PU Foam?
PU foam does not affect your body other than it provides the maximum level of comfort to sleepers.
Is Polyurethane (PU) Foam Eco-friendly Product?
No, PU foam is not eco-friendly since it is made from crude oil.