Duroflex and Kurlon are the two top brands of mattresses in India. So, are you confused about which brand to choose?
Can’t you decide which brand will be the best for you and will fulfil all your requirements?
If yes, then you are at the right place because we will talk about Duroflex VS Kurlon. We will make a comparative study, which will help you understand what grounds the brands are different from each other and similar to each other.
Hence, you will have the much-needed clarification to decide whether you need the Duroflex mattresses or the products from Kurlon.
1. Similarities And Differences: Duroflex Vs Kurlon?
- Both Kurlon and Duroflex mattresses have latex and coir mattresses and general memory foam and spring mattresses.
- HR foam is used as the base support for most products of both Duroflex and Kurlon.
- Both these brands offer a full warranty of 10 years.
- Kurlon has a trial period of 365 days, while Duroflex offers a 100-day trial period.
- Kurlon mattresses are highly durable as compared to Duroflex mattresses.
- Duroflex mattresses come with this feature in terms of edge support but its absence in the Kurlon mattresses.
2. Firmness And Feel Differences
For both Kurlon and Duroflex, you will get mattresses having firmness ranging from soft to extra firm.
- Kurlon has several soft mattresses having around 3 to 4 firmness levels, while Duroflex is a little firmer, where the plush and soft mattresses have firmness ranging between 3.5 and 4.5.
- Kurlon has a firmness range for medium-firm mattresses varying from 4.5 to 6.5, making the products cosier and luxurious. As for Duroflex, the firmness value ranges between 5 to 7, so the medium-firm mattresses can provide better support to the backbone.
- In the case of the firm mattresses, Kurlon tops the list because the brand has products with a maximum firmness level of 8.5. On the other hand, Duroflex has a maximum firmness level of 8.
3. Mattress Construction Differences
There aren’t many differences when it comes to the mattress construction of Kurlon and Duroflex.
- For the top cover, Kurlon mattresses have breathable fabric, which you can’t remove. But in Duroflex, some products have a breathable top cover with a removable zipper, while some have quilted knitted fabric.
- For comfort layers, memory foam and soft PU foam are used for the Kurlon mattress construction. In the Duroflex mattress, memory foam, the latex layer, transition foam layers, and PU foam are used.
- Considering the support layers, hard foam with high density, rebonded foam, and HR foam is used for Kurlon and Duroflex.
Also Read: HR Foam Vs PU Foam
4. Performance differences: Duroflex Vs Kurlon
|Temperature regulation||Normal ventilation||Normal ventilation|
|Motion transfer||Possible only by pocket springs||Possible only by pocket springs|
|Edge support||Yes in some products||No|
|Noise & Odour||No||No|
- Temperature regulation: For Kurlon and Duroflex, the temperature regulation is made by the breathable fabric cover present at the top and the air pockets between the fibres of the internal layer materials.
- Motion transfer: Motion transfer can be prevented only by the pocket spring mattresses of both brands as the spring coils function independently, and their responsiveness is not dependent on the surrounding coils.
- Edge support: Edge support is not present for all the mattresses of both Kurlon and Duroflex. Pocket spring mattresses from Duroflex do have edge support in the form of an enclosure to last longer. But for Kurlon, no edge support is present.
- Durability: If we compare both brands based on durability, Kurlon has higher durability as compared to Duroflex. This is why their mattresses last for the longest time. Surveys have proved that Kurlon mattresses can last for even 12 to 15 years without showing any signs of damage or sagging.
- Noise & odour: Usually, the mattresses from Duroflex and Kurlon do not give off any odour unless there is any bacterial or fungal growth in between the layers. As for the noise, foam, latex, and coir mattresses do not make noise. But when it comes to the spring mattresses, they can make a little noise, mainly the Bonnell spring mattresses.
- Mattress policies:
- Trial period: The Duroflex brand offers a 100-day trial period, while Kurlon offers a 365-day trial period. However, Kurlon provides the trial period benefits for the first 110 days only after which the facilities will change, and they will impose several limitations.
- Returns: You will be able to return the mattress within the trial period of Duroflex in any condition, and you will get a 100% refund. On the other hand, Kurlon will give you a 100% refund within the first 110 days of the trial period from the delivery date.
- Warranty: Both Duroflex and Kurlon mattresses offer the maximum durability level of up to 10 years. However, the warranty period for each product differs like for some products, and you will have five years of warranty, while for some, you might have 7 or 8 years of warranty.
5. Duroflex Vs Kurlon – Which Is Better?
From the comparative study that we did above, it’s clear that Kurlon is better than Duroflex on several terms. For example, Kurlon tops the list if we consider durability because their products are made from high-quality materials, which the Duroflex can’t match. Similarly, Duroflex offers several mattresses that can be used both ways as the firmness of the two opposing surfaces is different to suit the sleepers’ needs. Kurlon, on the other hand, provides a higher warranty, and for some of their products, you can extend the warranty.
6. Who should buy Duroflex? And who should buy Kurlon?
There is no hard and fast rule which describes who should buy the Kurlon mattress or the Duroflex mattress. But yes, based on the differences, we can give you a little hint.
- If you are looking for pure coir or latex, or foam mattresses with no other add-on material, Kurlon mattresses will be better.
- For affordable mattresses, Duroflex will be better as compared to the Kurlon brand.
- If you want custom sized mattresses, Duroflex will be better because Kurlon doesn’t offer custom sizes.
- Lastly, if you are looking for more durable products, Kurlon is the better answer.
Are Duroflex mattresses affordable?
Yes, Duroflex mattresses are highly affordable. The price range varies from INR 5000 and can go up to INR 30000 based on the type of mattress you choose and the construction of the products.
Do Duroflex mattresses offer custom sizes?
Yes, the Duroflex brand offers custom sizes for all their mattresses, which help customers have a mattress that can fit into their bed in the best way.
Do Duroflex mattresses offer a mattress for back pain?
Yes, there are mattresses from Duroflex which are good for alleviating back pain. For example, the Back Magic orthopaedic coir mattress, Balance orthopaedic memory foam mattress, LiveIn orthopaedic memory foam mattress, Strength memory foam coir orthopaedic mattress, and the Posture Perfect pocket spring orthopaedic mattress.
How long should a Kurlon mattress last?
A Kurlon mattress usually lasts for 3 to 5 years without any hassle. But suppose you want to increase its lifetime. In that case, you need to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and be careful while handling the product.
Does a new Kurlon mattress smell bad?
No, a new Kurlon mattress doesn’t smell bad. As the inner layers are made from high-quality material, there wouldn’t be any decaying of the materials, which could have caused the mattress to give off unpleasant odours.