Are you suffering from any cervical problems?
Do you usually have a stiff neck with a frozen shoulder?
Suppose it’s a yes to both these questions. In that case, you should have a special mattress that can effectively reduce the aches and soreness from the bones and muscles, respectively.
However, finding such mattresses is not an easy task. That’s why we have introduced you to the best five mattresses that will provide you with the ultimate form of relief from back and neck pain.
- Check Out: Mattress Buying Guide
- What To Look Before Buying Mattress For Back And Neck Pain?
- Benefits Of Buying Mattress For Back And Neck Pain
- Top 5 Best Mattress For Back And Neck Pain In India
What To Look Before Buying Mattress For Back And Neck Pain?
- You should check what the firmness of the mattress you are buying is. It should have a firmness level between 5 and 7.5.
- Also, you must check the comfort and support layers and make sure that the materials can provide you instant relief from aches and soreness.
- You should make sure that the top layer is breathable and doesn’t cause allergic reactions.
Benefits Of Buying Mattress For Back And Neck Pain
- These mattresses will help in maintaining the posture and alignment of the spine in the cervical region.
- If you have frozen shoulders, the orthopaedic mattress will help in relieving the pressure.
- You should get an open-cell structure mattress to reduce back and neck pain if you are a side sleeper.
Top 5 Best Mattress For Back And Neck Pain In India
1. Sleepyhead Original
- Has medium firmness
- 10 years of warranty
- Comes with foam construction
Suppose you are looking for a mattress that can support your cervical region seamlessly while providing comfort simultaneously. In that case, this is the best product you can have. The outer cover is made from a breathable fabric that will maintain natural ventilation on the top layers of the mattress.
Furthermore, you will be able to wash the cover to ensure that it remains clean throughout. This is one of the major benefits of this particular mattress. To add more comfort to the sleepers, a thin layer of simple PU foam is added with roughly a firmness of about 3.5.
After this PU layer, you will find a memory foam that is highly responsive and can easily return to its original form with each. Hence, when you sleep on the mattress, its top layer will conform to the applied heat and pressure.
Check Out: Best Cooling Mattress For Hot Sleepers
As a result, you will get relief from knotted muscles, sore back, and an aching neck region. Furthermore, since this memory foam has more thickness, its sagging rate is much less than the top PU layer.
Check Out: Mattress Thickness Guide
For supporting this layer, the manufacturer has added HR foam as a base layer. It will help reduce the memory foam’s sagging rate and add stability to the overall product.
To Read Full Sleepyhead Original Mattress Review
- Will provide the right amount of bounce
- Comes with a washable outer cover
- Is highly stable
- Heavyweight and hard to move
2. SleepyCat Original
- 10 years of warranty
- It is a gel-based mattress
- Comes with medium firmness
If you are tired of sleeping on a hot mattress surface and want some relief, we think this is the best mattress you can have from the market. Firstly, it has medium firmness, with its value ranging between 5 to 6.5. Hence, you will get instant relief from pain and aches in your neck and shoulder region.
Also, the mattress is quite comfortable to sleep on, which is why any sleeper can have a peaceful slumber on it. At the top, there is a zipper cover that can remove for frequent washing. Hence, you won’t have to worry about the cleanliness of the mattress.
The second layer has a 1” thick gel-based memory foam layer. It has micro gel molecules infused in the air pockets that will absorb the heat from the mattress’s surface as well as your body.
Thus, you can easily sleep in comfort without having to wake up in the middle of the night due to excessive sweating. After this, you will find a 1” Aeroflow transition layer that will help maintain proper airflow in between the mattress layers. Hence, it will reduce moulding and sagging to a huge extent.
Check Out: Reasons Why Good Night Sleep Is Important?
To support your body weight and maintain the alignment of your neck vertebrae, the mattress is loaded with a high-density foam having 4” thickness. Also, air circulation has been approved from the underside, and there is a breezy inner cover and an anti-skid base.
- Helps in reducing cervical problems related to bones
- Prevents allergies with temperature regulation
- Perfect for all kinds of sleeper
- It cannot be flipped to sleep on the other side
3. Duroflex Back Magic
- Has a 5” thickness
- Made from coir material
- Firmness value between 6 to 7.5
Not all mattresses are capable enough to relieve back pain and support the alignment of your cervical region. That’s why Duroflex has introduced this amazing mattress that comes with a special orthopaedic layer that will target specific areas of your body and work on them to reduce the pain.
At the top, you will have a knitted fabric that will act as a PU foam quilt. Hence, you will be able to sleep on a soft surface for the entire night. In addition, it has high breathability, which will help keep the surface temperature within a proper limit. Hence, there will be no hot surface.
The second layer has a doctor recommended orthopaedic material, which will apply an appropriate amount of pressure on the trigger points, thereby reducing the pain and giving you relief from the aches.
Next, in the 3rd, 5th, and 7th layers, you will have high-density coir with extra coiled fibres that add a slight bounce to the overall mattress. Finally, in the fourth layer, an HR foam is highly responsive and will add a great bounce that you need to sleep comfortably on the bed.
To support the coir layers, you will have a rebonded foam at the 6th layer. It is much harder than other layers, which will help in stabilizing the mattress overall. In addition, there is a Jacquard woven fabric on the underside that will further increase the air regulation from the bottom.
- It is firm enough to ensure that soreness is not anymore
- Helps in air passage properly through the mattress layers
- It is comfortable for elderlies and working professionals
- It is extremely heavy and difficult to move
4. The Sleep Company SmartGRID Ortho
- Has a thickness of about 6”
- Is firm with a value of 6 to 7
- Has pocketed coil construction
This is one of the best mattresses that will help you get rid of every kind of back pain in the neck and shoulder region. Here, you will find a specialized Smart Grid technology with a 1-inch thickness that will provide you with both comfort and relief from the pain.
In addition, this layer will apply the right amount of pressure to different zones in your body as the open cell structure will conform to your body’s shape in accordance with heat and pressure. Thus, you won’t have to deal with any pain and aches the next morning.
There is a 3” soft transition layer located right below the SmartGRID layer to increase the bounce of the overall mattress and provide comfort to sleepers. Hence, you won’t have to deal with any stiffness.
Furthermore, the combination of these two layers will prevent the transfer of motion and regulate the heat of the bed’s surface. So, you won’t have to worry about sweating profusely in the middle of the night.
There is a special support layer made from the HR foam. Thanks to this material, the mattress has a higher bounce for ensuring that your spine’s posture in both the lumbar and cervical portions is properly aligned.
All around the mattress, you will find a breathable and soft fabric cover that can prevent allergies and work on reducing discomfort and redness in your skin. Moreover, proper ventilation will reduce the chances of mould and other such growth efficiently.
- Has appropriate firmness for supporting the bodyweight
- Maintains the curvature of the cervical layer
- Cotton fabric cover that is extremely safe for the skin
- Has higher sagging rate due to open-cell structure
5. Amore New Active Green Tea
- Comes with 5 years of warranty
- 6 inches of thickness
- Plush feel due to medium firmness
If you are looking for a mattress having natural touches, this will be the best mattress you can get from the market. First of all, it has a medium firmness range, with values varying between 5 to 6.5. So, you will be able to enjoy the ultimate form of comfort and relaxation by sleeping on this mattress.
Moreover, once your body hits the bed, you will feel the tensed muscle knots are getting released quickly, thereby providing you relaxation from soreness. Also, as the bones will have a proper alignment, especially the cervical vertebrae, you don’t have to worry about stiff bones or strained cervical muscles.
Check Out: 15 Interesting Mattress Facts
If we talk about the construction, the top and bottom surfaces of the product are made from knitted fabric. Hence, not only is this mattress amazing and highly comfortable to sleep on but also it will help in maintaining the ventilation and ensuring that you can lie down on it without worrying about bedsores, allergies, and mould.
The second layer is made from highly responsive memory foam. Hence, it can easily conform to your body shape and structure based on the weight and heat applied. Once you withdraw all the forces, your mattress will return to its original shape once again.
However, it is the green tea foam that is the main attraction of the mattress. Green tea is beneficial for the skin as it has antimicrobial and antifungal properties that will help fight against skin infections, mould growth, and so on. Also, you won’t have to worry much about breathing problems too.
- It is organic in nature and skin-friendly
- Can prevent the growth of microbes and moulds
- Helps in maintaining the airflow through the mattress layers
- It can smell a little musky due to the addition of green tea
In the above article, we have described the 5 best mattresses that will help you to reduce back and neck pain. However, choosing a particular product from this lot is not an easy task.
So, suppose you ask for our recommendation. In that case, we will go with the SmartGRID ortho mattress from The Sleep Company since its smart grid texture will help target the knotted muscles and aching bones with perfection.
Our second choice will be the Amore New active green tea mattress, which is completely organic and reduces the chances of getting allergies.