Are you suffering from any orthopaedic pain?
Do you want to get relief from the constant aches in your spine and the surrounding muscles?
If yes, then it’s time to get a new mattress that will help alleviate the pain and maintain the proper posture of your body. Such a mattress is an orthopaedic mattress specially manufactured for people suffering from mild to chronic bone problems. They are firm and offer wonderful support to the body that helps in counterbalancing the weight and easing the pain. Also, sometimes, the orthopaedic mattresses can improve mobility in the bones, thereby giving you some relief and relaxation.
This article below will talk about some of the major facts about the orthopaedic mattress, starting from its benefits to choosing the best product from the market. By the time you are done reading this entire article, you will have the clarity needed to choose the best orthopaedic mattress without any mistake.
What Is An Orthopedic Mattress?
An orthopaedic mattress is mainly used when someone needs to ease the pain in bones and improve their mobility for a better life. These are constructed with denser materials that add firmness to the overall product, supporting your entire body and maintaining the postures. Besides, having an orthopaedic mattress is a must if you want to keep the bones and muscles active and reduce stiffness and soreness. Some products are there that can even relieve the pressure from the muscles and ease the tensed knots.
Why Use An Orthopedic Mattress In India?
- Suppose you are suffering from an orthopaedic problem in the spine or hip. In that case, you need to use this particular type of mattress since it can reduce the pain and yet maintain mobility.
- Suppose you have suffered an injury and your bone was subjected to the trauma. In that case, the orthopaedic mattress will alleviate the aches and help in faster recovery.
- Active sportsperson and athletes need to have the orthopaedic mattress since it will reduce soreness and stiffness from the body that mainly happens due to physical exertion.
What Are The Benefits Of An Orthopedic Mattress?
- With the orthopaedic mattress, you will get rid of any physical pain, which is why it is highly recommended for people suffering from an existing bone problem.
- Sometimes, the pain is too much to be reduced completely. But an orthopaedic mattress will be able to release the pressure from your bones and muscles, thereby offering you a unique form of relaxation.
- You don’t have to worry about getting your sleep disturbed due to the transfer of motion. These mattresses are firm and have high density. They won’t get suppressed easily unless pressure is directly applied to them. That’s why you can sleep easily, even if someone is constantly twisting and turning by your side.
- The orthopaedic mattresses help in maintaining the postures during sleep. That’s why you don’t have to worry about sleeping on your back throughout the night.
- They have the right value of firmness needed by your body to ease the pain. Moreover, you don’t have to use a mattress protector or a pad to increase the firmness of the mattress.
- It is very important to have a mattress that can offer amazing lumbar support. Thus, you can easily continue with your work life without feeling any discomfort in the lower back. Also, you can easily bend down and then come back to a straight position within seconds.
- Another amazing benefit of orthopaedic mattresses is that they are available in different varieties that suit a wide range of requirements.
What Are The Cons Of An Orthopedic Mattress?
- Orthopaedic mattresses can be pretty costly, which is why not everyone can afford such a bedding accessory.
- It is not recommended for kids and children because the firmness is high, and they won’t feel comfortable.
- Orthopaedic mattresses do not have an exceptional airflow and breathing system, so the temperature in between the layers is high.
- They are extremely heavy and difficult to manoeuvre, especially when you rotate or flip the bedding accessory.
How To Choose The Best Orthopedic Mattress?
- Mattress Type– The first thing that needs to be considered while buying an orthopaedic mattress is its type. This is dependent on the material being used as the core of the chosen product.
- Memory foam– Memory foam is an excellent material that can support your body’s framework and relieve the pressure from the back muscles. Moreover, some memory foam orthopaedic mattresses are gel-based that can regulate temperature easily.
- Innerspring mattresses– An innerspring mattress has a main core layer formed from either Bonnell or a pocket spring coil layer. These mattresses have a little bounciness which adds more comfort to the sleepers.
- Hybrid mattresses– A hybrid mattress is where you will find two different types of materials being used in proper combination. If you want to experience both comforts and get support from a mattress, always go with the hybrid ones.
- Latex mattresses– One of the most excellent orthopaedic mattresses is the latex mattress. Latex has a higher density and hence can support your spine and counterbalance your body weight. Thus, you won’t have to deal with the intense pain anymore.
- Firmness level– You must check the firmness level of the orthopaedic mattress to ensure that you can get proper relief without any hassle. Usually, the firmness varies from 5.5 to 8, depending on the construction, material type, and material densities.
- Pressure relief– Orthopaedic problems aren’t just related to the stiffness in your bones. For example, suppose you are feeling an intense and sharp pain in the muscles. In that case, you can go with the orthopaedic mattresses but only after verifying whether they can release the pressure from your muscles or not.
- Edge support– If you are buying sporing mattresses, do make sure that the products come with proper edge support. This will reduce the chances of sagging the mattress from the edges.
- Materials– You also need to check the materials that are being used in the manufacturing of the orthopaedic mattress. Besides, the materials must be of high quality and should have an early response time.
- Motion Isolation– As the orthopaedic mattresses are denser and firmer, you won’t have to suffer from motion transfer which is why you can have a peaceful slumber without any disturbance. Just make sure that the chosen mattress does come with this special feature.
- Temperature Regulation– Always ensure that the chosen mattress has well-established ventilation channels that will help maintain the temperature of the surface and provide you with a comfortable and peaceful sleep.
- Budget– Lastly, you have to check whether the chosen product is within your budget range or not. Usually, orthopaedic mattresses are costly, so you must be very certain about your budget range.
What’s The Best Sleeping Position For Back Or Joint Pain?
Usually, sleepers should sleep on their back to ensure that their spine is properly aligned and the mattress supports its posture.
In the above article, we have described everything you need to know about an orthopaedic mattress. Now, your job will be to sift through multiple products and compare them based on the instructions mentioned above. This will help you to conclude with ease.