Is your mattress lumpy?
Do you wake up even more tired in the morning?
Is your mattress full of mould?
Chances are, you do not have the right mattress. If you feel like your mattress cannot fulfil your needs anymore, you have come to the right place.
There are different kinds of best latex mattresses in India, available in the market. While all of them are made to make your sleep better, you must understand what you need the most personally. This article is to throw light on Latex mattresses that have been beneficial to a lot of people. It also serves as a guide to buying the best latex mattress.
What Is Latex Mattress
Latex is a natural product that is made up of sap which is harvested from rubber trees. Latex mattresses are made with a combination of latex foam made from spring latex or reflex latex. It is a product made to provide a supportive sleep surface that is also durable.
The material used in Latex foam is completely pure, but in some cases, natural filing is added to fill some gaps. People who buy latex mattresses have often found their benefit over durability. It is extremely sustainable and thus gives you a great return on your money.
Types Latex Mattress
There are different types of mattresses available for people with different types of lifestyles. Most people have different body needs, and thus there are multiple types of latex mattresses to choose from:
- 100% natural latex – This is the most expensive type of latex mattress. It is made from 100% of natural latex rubber. The money is so worth the experience. It provides great comfort and is a wonderful product to invest in. Many people who tend to live most organically have found great benefits in these mattresses.
- Natural latex – It is a blend of 85% of natural latex and 12% of synthetic latex. In natural latex, there is a chance for it to wear out quickly. This is because of the inconsistencies in them, which are fulfilled by synthetic latex.
- Pure latex – This is the most commonly used mattress. It is a blend of 20% of natural latex and 80% of synthetic latex. It gives the mattress more durability and also has the qualities of natural latex.
Benefits of Latex Mattress
There are great benefits of latex mattresses which is why they are so popular. Some of them are listed below:
- Comfort: Latex mattresses provide a great level of comfort. They are medium-firm because of the material but are extremely soft. As a result, they have a soft touch and a medium responsive rate. Think of it as the surface of a pencil rubber. Now imagine it ten times softer. This is how a latex mattress feels against your body.
- Unconditional support: These mattresses provide the best support to people who are suffering from back pain. While memory foam sinks to a suitable position, the medium-elastic latex is different. It supports your back with its medium-firm density and provides pressure onto the troubled areas.
- Durable: The material comes from the sap of rubber trees. Thus you can be sure that the mattress will last for a long time.
- Mould resistant: The great thing about latex mattresses is that they are mould-resistant. This is because they are specially designed to fight mould or fungus, which naturally causes foam. Unfortunately, this is why memory foam is not that durable. Nonetheless, if you do not take good care of anything, they tend to get ruined. However, with proper care and maintenance, the life of your latex mattress will be long and happy.
Average Lifespan Of A Latex Mattress
One of the best things about Latex mattresses is the life of span of each mattress. With proper care and maintenance, natural latex can live up to 10 to 20 years.
This is a lot longer than normal mattress foam.
What do you need to know about sleeping on a latex mattress?
Before you choose your latex mattress, make sure you have this information about sleeping on it:
- Check if it improves blood flow.
- See if it gives you the appropriate amount of support in your back or otherwise.
- Make sure you get the material right. If you want 100% natural latex, it will cost you a good amount but worth it.
Why do you choose a latex mattress?
Listed are multiple reasons why you should switch to latex mattresses today:
- Dust and mites resistant
- Low maintenance- Apart from occasional cleaning, it is self-maintained.
- There are multiple orthopaedic uses as per latex mattresses. Most doctors recommend it to people with weak body points.
Pros and cons
- Mould resistant
- Fungi resistant
- Low maintenance
- Firm responsiveness
- Good looking
- It sometimes can get firm and uncomfortable. 10% of the owners have complained so.
- With natural foam, the bed, over time, tends to compress and imprint the person sleeping.
- 10% of the owners have complained that it can get hot while sleeping on latex foams.
When NOT To Choose a Latex Mattress?
If you categorize yourself with any of the points below, then do not opt for a latex mattress:
- Suppose you live in a place where you have high moisture in the air. It can damage the mattress.
- Suppose you cannot get used to the firmness of the mattress. It will be difficult to sleep because it will be uncomfortable for you.
- Suppose you cannot afford the amount. Latex mattresses, especially 100% pure, can cost a lot.
- If you sweat a lot, the moisture will ruin the foam.
Is a latex mattress better than memory foam?
Memory foam mattresses are soft but unresponsive. Latex mattresses provide firm support and are softer.
How thick should a latex mattress be?
A good latex mattress should be between 6-13 inches thick. If you weigh more than 150 pounds, you should opt for at least more than 10 inches.
Is a latex mattress good for back pain?
The firmness pushes the pressure points of the boy; hence is great for back pain.
Is a latex mattress hot to sleep on?
More often than not, it does not make a difference. But 10% of the owners have mentioned that it feels hot to sleep on.
Does a latex mattress get softer over time?
The firmness remains the same because of the material itself. But it can get compressed over time.
Are natural latex mattresses hot?
Due to the inconsistency in the material, they are better at regulating the airflow. As a result, it is more circulating and breathable. Hence it does not make you sleep hot.
Is foam rubber the same as latex?
No, latex is the sap that is derived from rubber trees. It is not the same as rubber foams. Rubber foams are made out of synthetic rubber or polyurethane.