Are you suffering from neck pain due to your pillow?
Is the pillow failing in reducing soreness from the neck and shoulder muscles?
If yes, then you are at the right place. Pillows are made from different materials, and one such material is memory foam. These pillows can not only reduce the pain but also maintain your spine alignment in the cervical region. So you need to have the best memory foam pillow in India.
Here we have described seven top products that will help you choose a product perfect for your requirements.
- Also Read: Best Foam Mattress in India 2021
- Top 7 Best Memory Foam Pillow In India 2021
- Benefits Of Memory Foam Pillow
- Things to Consider Before Buying Memory Foam Pillow
Top 7 Best Memory Foam Pillow In India 2021
1. The White Willow Memory Foam Pillow
- 4” pillow thickness
- Made for different sleepers
- Has cooling gel foam technology
Suppose you are concerned about not getting proper sleep after being drenched in sweat due to the pillow. In that case, you can get this amazing White Willow memory foam pillow. The memory foam has cooling gel technology, which will absorb the surface heat, leaving you with a cold pillow surface that will pull you into sleep with ease.
In addition, it has a medium firmness level, ranging between 5 to 6.5, which is good for your neck and the cervical bones. No volatile organic compounds are present in the pillow, which might cause skin infections or any other Heath issue.
Thanks to the memory foam, the pillow will support the alignment of the cervical vertebrae no matter in which position you are sleeping. Moreover, the pillow construction is unique, which you wouldn’t find anywhere in the market.
The outer cover is made from luxury fabric that has a higher absorption rate as compared to cotton. In addition, it’s hypoallergenic and loaded with anti-microbial properties. This will keep the pillow hygienic, and you won’t have to worry about your health.
Next to the outer cover is present the Jersey fabric inner protective cover which prevents any damage to the pillow’s core- the memory foam.
The memory foam used in the pillow construction has a higher density which results in medium firmness. It will help relieve tension from the pressure points in the cervical region, thereby helping you sleep better without a stiff and sore neck.
- It can be used as a head pillow and back pillow
- Helps in maintaining the alignment of the spine
- Absorbs the body heat to cool the temperature
- Doesn’t have washable covers
2. MY ARMOR Orthopedic Memory Foam Pillow
- King-sized pillow
- 5” thickness of the pillow
- Has orthopaedic properties
Suppose you are suffering from diseases like spondylosis or radicular issues. In that case, you can always get the My Armor memory foam pillow which is made solely for sleepers having orthopaedic problems. It will not only help in alleviating the pain but also ensure that your vertebrae are aligned properly.
In addition, it has a 5” thickness which will help you in sleeping comfortably, with the head being at a higher level than the entire body. That’s why you won’t be facing any dizziness, which sleepers usually have to endure in case the pillow is thin, and the head is a lower level than the body.
There are two covers around the memory foam layer. The first layer can be removed for washing and is made from cotton. As the cotton fabric is thin and has several air pores, it will maintain the ventilation properly. Hence, you won’t have to worry about waking up in the middle of the night due to excessive sweating. The inner fabric layer is mainly added for protecting the memory foam.
The memory foam has no filler material, which is why you can enjoy all the advantages of the foam type. To increase the firmness level, the foam has a high density, which will help in relieving pressure from the trigger points in your neck.
In addition, the foam has a lower response time of only five seconds. Hence, you won’t have to worry about a sore neck. The pillow will return to its shape almost immediately after the compressive forces are removed.
- Quickly regains the original shape
- Prevent the sagging of the pillow after repeated use
- Has washable outer cover
- You can’t use it for supporting the back
3. SleepyCat 1-Piece Air Gel Memory Foam Pillow
- Has a zipped removable cover
- Equipped with air gel memory foam layer
- Has 1 year of warranty
Sleepycat has been known for its innovative products with unique and advanced technologies. That’s why having the memory foam pillow from this brand will be a good idea. There is an outer cover that has a zipper. Hence, you won’t have to worry about the hygiene of the pillow. In addition, the outer layer has infused aloe vera, which will prevent any skin infection.
In addition, the aloe vera will prevent any microbial infections, which is why the pillow is good for kids and sleepers having sensitive skin. Finally, the cover has an underside 3D mesh design which will allow air to pass through the entire pillow. Hence, you won’t have to suffer from excessive sweating during the summer seasons.
Right next to the outer aloe vera cover is present an inner cover. It’s prepared from the Jersey fabric, which is known for its durability and softness. That’s the reason why the pillow is ideal for snuggling and having a comfortable sleep at night. The inner core layer is made from memory foam having air gel technology.
It means that the foam has numerous air pockets, maintaining the ventilation within the core layer. Also, the cooling gel technology will keep the surface colder than the room temperature, allowing you to sleep comfortably. Due to the inner air pockets, the firmness is reduced by a small level which will help you to snuggle into the pillow and sleep peacefully for the rest of the night.
- Equipped with a washable cover for better hygiene maintenance
- Has gel memory foam for cooling down the surface
- Has increased softness with the right amount of firmness to protect your neck
- Has high response time to the withdrawal of the depressive force
4. MOJOREST Memory Foam Pillow
- Has a removable cover
- Has a king size
- Made from polyester
Suppose you are looking for a foam pillow that having a high response time. In that case, no other product will be better than the Mojorest memory foam pillow. Since it’s a large pillow with king-size dimensions, you won’t have to worry about space shortage while sleeping.
In addition, the 5” thickness of the product will help relieve soreness from the neck and the shoulders during sleep. It’s a perfect pillow for those working continuously while seated at the same position and keeping the neck straight.
You can remove the outer cover of the pillow by washing it now and then. Hence, you can keep the pillows clean and hygienic. In addition, the top cover is made from a highly breathable fabric which will allow the air to pass through perfectly.
Hence, there won’t be too much sweating if you are sleeping in the same position on the pillow for a prolonged time. Right next to the outer cover is high-density memory foam. Even though the foam’s density is high, there are several air pockets in between the fibres.
Thanks to these fibres, the response time of the material is lessened to only a few seconds, 3 to 5 seconds to be more specific. Hence, once you remove your head from the pillow, the depression caused due to the weight of your head won’t last longer than 5 seconds.
The pillow surface will automatically become flat, which is why the product has a minimal sagging rate. Thanks to the hypoallergenic materials used in the pillow construction, even sleepers having sensitive skin can sleep on it.
- Helps in relaxing the muscles around the neck and shoulders
- Thanks to the ventilation, no bad smell will be emanated by the pillow
- It Will help in maintaining the alignment of your cervical spine and the head
- Has a polyester inner cover which has a low breathability rate
5. Prova Contour Memory Foam Pillow
- Made from cotton top fabric
- You can wash it in the machine
- Has a curved surface
Pillows generally have flat surfaces, which can be a problem for some sleepers. So, for then, we have picked the Contour memory foam pillow from Proliva, which has a curved surface. One edge is thicker than the opposite edge, and hence, the surface has a sloping structure.
You can use the pillow as per your requirement. For example, suppose you want to relieve pressure from the trigger points present in the cervical area. In that case, you will have to sleep on the edge with increased thickness. But if you want just comfort and little relief from the soreness, the other edge with less thickness will be a perfect option.
The upper part of the pillow is made from highly breathable cotton fabric, thanks to the pores present between the knitted fabric fibres. It also has hypoallergenic properties that will help keep your skin safe from allergies, rashes, and any such adverse reaction that is harmful to your health.
As for the memory foam, its density is reduced with the introduction of innumerable air pockets. These pockets will allow the proper air movement within the foam later, thereby keeping it safe from mould and bacterial growth. In addition, the memory foam layer has less response time, about five seconds. This particular feature has reduced the sagging of the pillow, no matter on which edge you are sleeping.
- Suitable for different types of sleepers
- Can reduce varied pain related to head, neck, and shoulders
- You can wash the cover to keep the pillow clean
- Not suitable for people having spondylosis or neurological pain
6. Sleepsia Memory Foam Pillow
- Has micro gel technology
- Comes with a washable outer cover
- Is lightweight
Suppose you want a standard shaped memory foam pillow to ease the tensed knots in your muscles or relieve the pressure from the bones. In that case, the Sleepasia foam pillow is the best choice. The pillow’s design is unique, with the two longer edges having raised humps and depression at the middle.
Such a structure will help maintain the alignment of your cervical vertebrae without causing any more pain or stiffness. That’s why the product is perfect for patients suffering from orthopaedic and neurological problems in the cervical and shoulder area.
The high-density memory foam comes with air pockets that are filled with micro gel molecules. These gels will absorb the surface heat, thereby keeping it cool and hygienic for your skin. With the pillow, you won’t have to worry about either skin problems or uncomfortable sleep.
Once you hit the bed and rest your head on the pillow, it will lull you into sleep within no time. In addition, you can wash the outer cover from time to time so that it can stay clean all the time. Make sure to follow the instruction presented by the manufacturer about removing the outer cover and then washing it without damaging the pillow.
- Has a high-density memory foam for increased firmness
- Can relieve chronic pain from the neck and shoulders
- Eases the tensed knots in the muscles for better movement
- Do not have any inner cover that can protect the memory foam
7. SOLARA Memory Foam Pillow
- Is chemical and lead-free
- You can wash it in the machine
- Has a standard, rectangular shape
If you want to choose a pillow that will be your saviour, you need to look for the Solara memory foam mattress. It will help keep your neck and shoulder bones safe from strains and injuries and play a very important role in keeping the vertebral alignment proper and in shape.
This will reduce the chances of suffering from both orthopaedic and neurological diseases. The pillow is covered with a breathable cotton fabric which it can remove for washing. In addition, due to several air pockets in the cotton cover, it will maintain the ventilation level properly.
Finally, right underneath the top cover, you have the micro gel padding. The gel will absorb the body heat, thereby keeping your skin cold with no chance of excess sweating. Coming to the memory foam layer, it is made from polyurethane which is a synthetic polymer.
However, the company has made several tweaks in the construction of the memory foam, the main being bamboo and charcoal materials. Both bamboo and charcoal will help in purifying the air within the memory foam. Hence, you won’t have to worry about getting unpleasant odours or the pungent smell of the synthetic foam material.
- It is organic and will keep your skin safe from allergies
- Will be able to reduce the surface temperature even during summer days
- Relieves the pressure from tensed knots in your body
- Comes with less warranty period
Benefits Of Memory Foam Pillow
- A memory foam pillow will help in relieving pressure from the tensed muscles in the neck and shoulder region
- It will help in keeping the alignment of the cervical vertebrae safe and in shape.
- It will remove any soreness or stiffness from the muscles.
- Gel-infused memory foam pillows will help in keeping the surface temperature lower than the room temperature
- It is perfect for people suffering from orthopaedic problems in the cervical region
Things to Consider Before Buying Memory Foam Pillow
- Thickness: The first thing you need to consider is the thickness of the pillow. If you are buying a thicker pillow, it will help in reducing the pain in the neck and other parts. A flatter pillow, on the other hand, is better for cuddling.
- Hypoallergenic: You must look for memory foam pillows where the outer cover has hypoallergenic properties and wouldn’t cause any adverse reaction with your skin.
- Size: The size of the pillow should be proper so that whenever you will roll to your side, your head remains rested against the pillow.
- Construction: Lastly, check what type of materials have been used to construct the memory foam pillow. It will help you in deciding whether the product is an ideal fit or not.
Memory foam pillows have been in demand for a long time, so we have described the top seven products in the market. But you need to pick out only the best product from the market, which is why we have presented our recommendations here.
First, we recommend the White Willow Memory Foam Pillow since it has cooling gel memory foam enclosed by two protective covers. Our second recommendation will be the Solara memory foam, where a separate gel cooling pad and bamboo with charcoal have been infused in the memory foam.
Do memory foam pillows help neck pain?
Yes, the memory foam pillows are quite efficient in decreasing neck pain due to soreness, improper posture pain, stiffness, and others.
What is the best pillow for side sleepers with neck pain?
If you are a side sleeper and want to alleviate the pain in your neck, the best pillow will be the White Willow memory foam pillow.
What type of pillow is best for neck and shoulder pain?
If you are experiencing lots of pain in the neck and shoulder region, you should choose the memory foam pillow.