Are you looking for a mattress made from organic or natural materials?
Don’t you know how different organic mattresses are from others?
If it’s a yes for both the questions, then you have landed at the right place. Recently, there has been hype about having organic mattresses. But the problem is in lack of facts. Out of every hundred people, only thirty to forty will know everything about organic mattresses, which is why most people end up buying the wrong product.
Read More: Mattress Buying Guide India
So, to help them out, we have discussed here some of the most important facts you would like to know about this new mattress category. Besides, we have also explained a buying guide that will help you choose the best and the most appropriate product in no time.
What is an organic mattress?
First of all, let’s start with learning what an organic mattress is. These are like all other mattresses, with the only difference in the materials used to manufacture the products. For example, a regular mattress will have memory foam for easing pressure from the trigger points in your body.
But in an organic mattress, you will have natural latex as an alternative to the memory foam material. It features all the characteristics of synthetic foam, but it’s derived from natural sources. It is not the only difference between an organic and regular mattress. There are several other points of difference that we will explain later on in the article.
Special features of organic mattresses
To know more about the organic features, you need to learn about its features that have been discussed in the below section.
- Organic mattresses are hypoallergenic. It means that they won’t cause any allergy, no matter how sensitive your skin is.
- These products are made from materials obtained from nature. For example, natural latex is obtained from rubber plants instead of processed in factories.
- Organic mattresses do not give off any chemical or plastic-type odour that can be suffocating for some people. Rather, you will get a natural, musky smell of forests.
- Also, the mattresses are found in two forms- having a single natural core material or a combination of natural and synthetic materials.
Benefits of having an organic mattress
There are several benefits of organic mattresses that most of us don’t even know about. So, to make you a little more familiar with this mattress category, we have discussed here the major advantages you will get with this type of mattress.
- These are free of any harmful chemicals like acetylene, ethylene, Styrofoam, and so on. Hence, you don’t have to worry about suffering from the adverse effects of chemicals.
- The materials with which they are manufactured aren’t processed much in the factories. Therefore, they retain their original natural properties.
- You won’t have to suffer from the bad odour that usually comes off synthetic mattresses due to chemicals.
- Organic mattresses last for a longer time in comparison to the normal mattresses made from synthetic materials.
- Even though they are costly, it is worth spending the money because organic mattresses will maintain your health.
- There won’t be any change in the support you get from a regular mattress after sleeping on the organic mattresses. They also conform to your body, relieve the tension from muscles, and support your spine.
- These mattresses won’t harbour any microorganisms like bacteria and fungi. Also, you won’t have to worry about the mouldy mattress.
- The organic mattresses promote a peaceful and undisturbed sleep which is why you will feel refreshed after waking up the next morning.
How to choose the best organic mattress?
- Size– You need to get the right mattress size so that it can fit in your bed perfectly. Often people make mistakes by remembering whether they need a queen or king-size mattress. A queen-sized product can have multiple dimension options, which is why you must take measurements of your bed before finalizing the size.
- Thickness– The next factor to consider is the thickness of the product you have chosen. Usually, the organic mattresses come in thickness options of 5”, 6”, 8”, and 10”. A few products have more than 10” height also. However, it would help if you chose the height based on the total weight of the sleepers. For example, if you alone will sleep on the product, choose a mattress height that will counterbalance your eight.
- Certifications– It is very important to consider the certifications of an organic mattress. Certifications will reveal whether your chosen product is all-natural or not. For example, the GOTS certification means Global Organic Textile Standard that proves whether the latex or cotton is natural.
- Material– You also need to verify the materials with which the mattress is manufactured, starting from the top cover to the core support layer. The top layer is made from cotton in an organic mattress, a natural fabric that allows airflow. Natural latex and coir are the two main organic core materials used by most manufacturers.
- Firmness– Another most important fact to be considered is the firmness of the mattress. Usually, the organic mattresses have firmness ranging from 5 to 7.5 since both latex and coir are dense. It would help if you had the right firmness that will reduce body aches and soreness while providing comfort at the same time.
This article has explained everything you need to know about organic mattresses, from the main materials used to the benefits. So, now, it’s up to you whether you want a natural mattress or settles with a regular product having synthetic elements.