Are you tired of sleeping on the same foam mattress?
Do you want to try a new mattress, perhaps a spring one?
If yes, you are at the right place because here, we will introduce you to the spring mattresses and their two major types- Hybrid and innerspring mattresses. Even though many believe that they know the differences between these two mattress types, in reality, the knowledge is limited. That’s why most people end up having the wrong product.
So, to help you and other sleepers, we have provided all the basic details about Hybrid VS Innerspring mattresses.
- 1. What is a Hybrid Mattress?
- 2. What is an Innerspring Mattress?
- 3. Difference: Hybrid Vs Innerspring Mattress
- 4. Strength And Weakness Of Hybrid Mattress
- 5. Strength and Weakness of Innerspring Mattress
- 6. Which is Better: Hybrid Vs Innerspring Mattress
1. What is a Hybrid Mattress?
A hybrid mattress is a type of mattress that uses several support systems in its formation. However, it combines memory foam mattress technology with innerspring mattress technology. Thus it is considered as the best of both world kinds of mattress.
The memory foam or latex foam is at least 2-3 inches in the top position and hugs the body to treat the pressure relief further. This is a firm-soft kind of mattress where the customers love the support of the firmness provided by the innerspring mattress and love the softness and pain-relieving benefits provided by the memory foam mattress.
Check Out: Best Memory Foam Mattress In India 2021
In simple terms, this is a special form of mattress that perfectly meets all the demands of individuals.
1.1 Benefits of Hybrid Mattress
The benefits of Hybrid Mattress are as follows:
- It ensures a good airflow technology and thus provides a cool surface to the sleepers.
- This mattress allows an extra amount of support and bounces to the individuals
- This mattress also provides motion isolation.
- It adequately relieves the pressure points and also conforms to the body.
- Side sleepers, back sleepers, or stomach sleepers, all kinds of sleepers can get a benefit from this mattress.
- The firmness of this mattress provides great edge support.
1.2 Disadvantages of Hybrid Mattress
The disadvantages of Hybrid Mattress are as follows:
- This is a costly mattress
- The mattress is heavier compared to other forms of mattress.
- Along with the sagging, the coil tensions also start to lose.
- Coils tend to make noise.
Check Out: How To Fix A Saggy Mattress?
1.3 Who can think of a Hybrid mattress?
These are a versatile form of mattress, serving a huge variety of customers as well. People can think of these mattresses that prefer a soft-firm kind of mattress. Furthermore, the persons can choose this mattress according to the following points:
- Side Sleepers– The softer hybrid mattress is perfect for side sleepers as it provides great support to the shoulders and hip area of the body.
- Back sleepers– This kind of sleeper enjoys this mattress as it provides a great amount of support in the spinal cord and helps align the cord.
- Stomach sleepers– Similarly, this is also beneficial for the stomach sleepers and prevents individuals from sinking inside the mattress and providing bounce and support.
- Combination Sleepers– This mattress can be used by several types of persons, including several types of sleepers.
- Lightweight– Normally, lightweight sleepers who prefer a bounce while sleeping can achieve it from this mattress.
- Heavy sleepers– Overweight persons can also benefit from heavy mattresses and do not easily sag.
2. What is an Innerspring Mattress?
The innerspring mattress is a pocket coil mattress that has a coil support base in the lowest layer. The innerspring mattress provides a plush sleep and also contours the body accordingly. The coil count and coil gauge can further ensure the coast and feel of your mattress. This mattress also allows a better circulation of air.
Furthermore, this mattress needs the support of the box spring to further prevent it from sagging. In this mattress, the spring coil formations remain at the top position just below the upper layer of the mattress.
2.1 Benefits of Innerspring Mattress
The benefits of an Innerspring mattress are as follows:
- It has a high amount of breathability due to the presence of the Coils.
- It helps to provide a great circulation of air, thus making the surface cool and highly comfortable.
- These mattresses are lightweight and have mobility.
- It is also a medium-firm kind of mattress.
- Thick layers of foam are not present in this type of mattress.
- The affordability of this mattress is also bearable and can be considered while thinking about a budget-friendly mattress.
- A person can find this mattress at any store.
2.2 Disadvantages of Innerspring mattress:
The disadvantages of an innerspring mattress are as follows:
- The main problem of this mattress is the rigidity and low support feeling.
- The thin top layer does not provide adequate cushioning.
- Furthermore, it has less durability due to the thin layer.
- A coil tends to make noise.
2.3 Who can think of an innerspring mattress?
Furthermore, the following persons can think of innerspring mattresses:
- Stomach Sleepers– The innerspring mattress is a medium to firm mattress that helps to provide an adequate amount of pressure to the stomach sleepers and provide a healthy spinal alignment.
Check Out: Best Mattress For Stomach Sleepers India 2021
- Hot sleepers– The person who tends to sweat while sleeping can think of this mattress as it provides good air circulation and helps keep the surface cool.
Check Out: Best Cooling Mattress For Hot Sleepers
- Over-weighed Sleepers– People with overweight will not sink while sleeping on this form of the mattress as these are firmer mattresses.
Check Out: Best Mattress for Heavy People India 2021
3. Difference: Hybrid Vs Innerspring Mattress
|Feel||It provides a bounce while providing body contouring.||Whereas these are firm mattresses with spring bounce.|
|Comfort and Support||It provides great comfort with the help of memory or latex foam technology that are 2 inches thick. The support layer is also further made of Pocket Coils.||This also has memory foam, or a latex, cotton, or PU blend with connecting layers of the coil, including Offset, Continuous, or Bonell.|
|Temperature Regulation||It has a temperature regulation technology.||This also has Temperature regulation but has less retention.|
|Firmness||These offer a variety of options including soft-medium, and medium-firm firmness.||This provides only medium-firm firmness.|
|Bounce||With the help of many technologies, including innerspring and memory foam, it provides a huge amount of bounce suitable for all types of sleepers.||It only provides the spring bounce and is perfect for Stomach sleepers.|
|Pain Alleviation||This help reduces the pain present in the body and manage lower back pain and give good contortions to the body.||The thinner layer of the comfort may further lead to the pressure points only.|
4. Strength And Weakness Of Hybrid Mattress
- Additional Bounce
- Great Support
- Motion Isolation
- Airflow technology
- Provides relief from pain and discomfort
- More materials ensure less flow of air.
- The price is high.
5. Strength and Weakness of Innerspring Mattress
- Good airflow
- Cool surface
- Motion isolations
- Available in several options.
- Price is affordable
- Coils produce noise
- Contains a thin top layer.
6. Which is Better: Hybrid Vs Innerspring Mattress
You can easily understand which one will be best for you and why you should opt for the mattress with the above points. Both the mattress contain some similar and different qualities to it. Furthermore, with the above benefits, you can ensure a better quality of sleep.
Innerspring mattresses are ideal if you want to experience the same bounciness and firmness as memory foam products. As for the hybrid mattresses, people who want to enjoy the benefits of different materials can easily go with this mattress type.