Are you searching for a foam mattress?
If you are, then you have made the best decision as this is the next generation mattress.
However, in this article, you can learn about the difference between High-Density Foam and Memory Foam.
What Is High-Density Foam(HD) Foam
High-Density Memory Foam is firmer foam material and contains a great amount of density. The firm layer of this mattress is laid on the bottom of the common memory foam mattress. The High-Density foam can also be used by other mattresses, including the innerspring or hybrid mattress. These kinds of mattresses contain a high density of foam to support the edge of the mattress further. It is, however, made from the blending of polyurethane.
What Is Memory Foam?
Even though the memory foam is made from the basic PU foam, it has a higher density, perfect for every sleeper. The main feature of this foam material is it’s conforming- the ability to change the surface level according to the intensity of heat and pressure applied from above. Therefore, having a memory foam mattress will not only help in having a comfortable sleep but also assist in reducing the pain and aches in your body over time.
Benefits Of HD Foam
The benefits of the HD foam are described below for your better understanding:
- Provides an adequate amount of support.
- It contains a huge amount of durability because of its density.
- Due to the higher amount of density, it provides a great amount of movement and motion isolation.
- It further helps to enjoy relief from the Pain Pressure.
Benefits Of Memory Foam
The benefits of Memory Foam mattress are further described below:
- Your body weight will get distributed evenly for ensuring that soreness can be reduced with ease.
- It also provides the optimal pressure on the trigger points to release the pain.
- Memory foams with cooling gel can help in maintaining the surface temperature.
Types Of Memory Foam
Three main types of memory foam are further listed below:
- Traditional Memory Foam
- Gel Memory Foam
- Plant-based Memory Foam
Check Out: Memory Foam Vs Gel Memory Foam
Difference: HD Foam Vs Memory Foam
|Comfort & Support||HD foam is mainly used as a support layer owing to its high density and compact size. In most mattresses, the foam layer varies from 3” to 5”.||Memory foam serves as both a comfort and support layer. It is soft enough to help you snuggle on the bed and yet firmer than PU foam, providing the best support to your bones and muscles.|
|Temperature Regulation||Due to the high density, it is almost impossible for air to pass through the foam layer. That’s why most HD foam mattresses have edge ventilation that keeps the temperature between the layers within the normal range.||If the memory foam mattress is infused with the micro cooling gel technology, it will regulate the temperature since this gel can absorb the heat and keeps the surface cool.|
|Firmness||HD foam is quite firm, with the value ranging between 7 to 9.||On the contrary, memory foams have a wide range of firmness, starting from 5 (medium-firm) to 7.5 (firm).|
|Hypoallergenic||HD foam is added to the base of the mattress so it doesn’t directly contact the skin. As a result, the material won’t be able to cause any dermatological problems.||Memory foams are hypoallergenic and make sure that they do not cause any kind of distress to the sleepers. As a result, you won’t have to suffer from itchiness, redness of the skin, or other types of allergies.|
|Odour||You won’t get any odour from the HD foam.||If any material like aloe vera, mint, or other plant items is infused within the memory foam, you can only get that item’s fragrance.|
|Bounce||HD foam has the least bounce, owing to the compactness and high density of the foam fibres. That’s why it is included in products where the top layers are not quite stable.||Memory foam has a bounce level but only to a certain extent. In fact, it depresses itself according to the applied pressure to reduce your body aches.|
|Durability||HD foams are highly durable.||Memory foam’s durability depends on its density, sagging rate, and thickness.|
Strength And Weakness Of HD Foam
The strengths of HD foam are:
- They are denser and firmer
- They contain excellent motion isolation technology
- They do not sag easily
The weaknesses of HD foam are:
- The prices of these mattresses are higher.
- Second, it releases off-gas due to the breaking down of the Volatile Organic Compounds.
- This does not provide good air circulation and thus might feel hot.
Strength And Weakness Of Memory Foam
The strengths of the Memory foam are:
- It frameworks according to your body shape.
- These are also durable mattresses, partly depending on the amount of maintenance.
- In addition, they are soft and cosy.
- This foam also provides motion isolation.
- Finally, these are not expensive.
The weaknesses of the Memory foam are:
- It tends to release off-gas.
- In addition, some people dislike the soft moulding of this mattress.
Which Is Better: HD Foam Or Memory Foam?
So, with the above points, you can easily understand which one will be best for you and why you should opt for the mattress. Both the mattress contain some similar and different qualities to it. With the above benefits, you can ensure a better quality of sleep.